• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK Boxed Charts: Sniper Elite 5 debuts at No.1; Horizon Forgotten West #2; Gran Turismo 7 up 109% to #5

reksveks

Agree on the data. It’s very hard to find relevant samples and trends particularly as the console share changed and with digital’s games, especially with Xbox’s XSS being only digital. Where you the person that did the several years of COD table a while back? AC’s recent trilogy may be interesting too. But at the end we are just left with platform shares over time while some foundation parts have moved.
Did a couple of COD. I mean to combine my excel sheets.

But yeah, GSD is also been a bit rarer recently so it's hard to get good insights.

Last edited:

kingfey

Banned
there are digital ps5 as well, and quite a lot as well, probably not as close as series s. but we also get digital sales from uk, and there is much difference.
This is elden ring sales in UK.

Xbox is clearly almost digital with those sales.

sircaw

Banned
dbvMRFJ.png
I would be heartbroken, imagine getting that monster as an xmas present. "lollipop_disappointed:

Scared Horror GIF

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
I seem to recall some people downplaying consoles sales and were saying that console sales don't matter anymore since the introduction of Gamepass and MS releasing their games on PC, so essentially downplaying the userbase advantage.

Now people are saying that Playstation sells more software because of the userbase advantage. That's right, genius. More hardware = more software. Its pretty darn obvious and that argument of hardware sales don't matter was so dumb and didn't age well.

So which is it now? Hardware sales matter or not?
Flip a coin based on the topic, there's your answer. Better yet, based on the topic it will flip to not mattering or it matters.

Its wild in the console sales dont matter debates...Nintendo just gets left out....for reasons.

Swift_Star

Banned
I seem to recall some people downplaying consoles sales and were saying that console sales don't matter anymore since the introduction of Gamepass and MS releasing their games on PC, so essentially downplaying the userbase advantage.

Now people are saying that Playstation sells more software because of the userbase advantage. That's right, genius. More hardware = more software. Its pretty darn obvious and that argument of hardware sales don't matter was so dumb and didn't age well.

So which is it now? Hardware sales matter or not?
Ignore those people, they ignore statistics and data because it doesn't support their feelings.

Dick Jones

Gold Member
Now that we know the HFW copy is a digital code, I'm waiting for the stuck with the digital copy argument. Come on guys, don't disappoint.

kingfey

Banned
I would be heartbroken, imagine getting that monster as an xmas present. "lollipop_disappointed:
I would pay for it. I am now without a PS console.
Gave away my ps4 to my sister. And my brother took the ps5 and my switch to Ireland.
I am now left with xs1, which my little brother's use.

I guess, I would go back to my pc life.

It would take me 4 months to buy a new ps5, since I am saving for my college tuition.

SLB1904

Banned

i did not say otherwise. yes there will be more digital on xbox due to series s. which is the most popular xbox sku plus some on series x. but it doesnt tell anything about the sales overall other than xbox being predominant digital

Stuart360

84% for Eldern Ring, 90% for Vanguard, 93% for FH5 but that was on Gamepass. There have been other games that have been in the 85+% range on Xbox on here.
I mean it makes total sense when taking into account the XSS and how Gamepass will of traditioned more people over to digital. But no, we must have a 10 page thread ignoring data and commomn sense and just have shitposting, its fun.

Last edited:

kingfey

Banned
Flip a coin based on the topic, there's your answer. Better yet, based on the topic it will flip to not mattering or it matters.

Its wild in the console sales dont matter debates...Nintendo just gets left out....for reasons.
No one can talk to a console, which sold 35+m copies of animal crossing.

Nintendo is on another level

kingfey

Banned
84% for Eldern Ring, 90% for Vanguard, 93% for FH5 but that was on Gamepass. There have been other games that have been in the 85+% range on Xbox on here.
I mean it makes total sense when taking into account the XSS and how Gamepass will of traditioned more people oevr to digital. But no, we must have a 10 page thread ignoring data and commomn sense and just have shitposting, its fun.
Because people don't like the truth. They want to bash something, to justify their hatred.

Plus these data are worthless. We have no idea how many copy this is. Plus this is only UK.

Other countries exist, which no one knows the sales for those countries. So let's blame gamepass for low physical sales in this country.

That is all it boils down to.

sircaw

Banned
I would pay for it. I am now without a PS console.
Gave away my ps4 to my sister. And my brother took the ps5 and my switch to Ireland.
I am now left with xs1, which my little brother's use.

I guess, I would go back to my pc life.

It would take me 4 months to buy a new ps5, since I am saving for my college tuition.
Well, i hope you get a replacement soon, especially with the new sub-tier thingy around the corner.

I for one could never justify 70 bucks for demon souls or returnal etc but for 10 bucks a month, i could play those masterpieces in a few months for like 20 bucks, insane value.

fingers crossed you find one soon 👍

For the handful of people who are actually interested in the gaming market and not using it purely for console warring purposes, these threads can be rather tiresome. But mods are okay with it so 🤷‍♂️

There’s nothing wrong with having a sales thread. If you don’t like tje results you can always avoid them. There is some interesting discussion if you choose to participate in it.

There’s nothing wrong with having a sales thread. If you don’t like tje results you can always avoid them. There is some interesting discussion if you choose to participate in it.
Oh, I want to have the sales threads. But it would be nice to discuss the actual market, instead of having the console war shit flinging.
If they weren't OK with it, you'll be the first one banned mate.
Jennifer Lawrence Reaction GIF

kingfey

Banned
Sales thread are good for discussion.

But what is not good however, is the sales that only focuses on 1 thing.

Elden ring showed us, that Xbox users prefer digital over physical. So these physical sales is only aimed at 1 userbase.

And as we saw on page 1, they turned this in to a console war, and attacked gamepass.

When you have behaviors like these, then there is an issue.

I have no issue if it includes digital sales. As that would show us the bigger picture.

But right now, it only serves as fuel for console wars.

Oh, I want to have the sales threads. But it would be nice to discuss the actual market, instead of having the console war shit flinging.

Jennifer Lawrence Reaction GIF

Well to be honest it goes both ways.

People claiming that PlayStation exclusives only sell due to bundles is pretty much trolling. And people saying they bundles don’t impact sales is also trolling.

The bottom line is that bundles are positive for Sony and there are many people that want to play those games. PS5s are selling regardless which one what Sony is interested in.

I’m not bringing up Xbox btw.

SLB1904

Banned
dude the only thing you do is take the merit of every sony exclusive. literally every single one of them.. from demons souls all the way to gt7. if that isnt console war i dont know what is

Sales thread are good for discussion.

But what is not good however, is the sales that only focuses on 1 thing.

Elden ring showed us, that Xbox users prefer digital over physical. So these physical sales is only aimed at 1 userbase.

And as we saw on page 1, they turned this in to a console war, and attacked gamepass.

When you have behaviors like these, then there is an issue.

I have no issue if it includes digital sales. As that would show us the bigger picture.

But right now, it only serves as fuel for console wars.

I’m only here to discuss physical sales and am not trying to sell digital copies or trying to push discussion of gamepass on others. I know full well what this topic is about.

People claiming that PlayStation exclusives only sell due to bundles is pretty much trolling. And people saying they bundles don’t impact sales is also trolling.
True. But I never claimed that, so no clue why the blue team is piling on me :messenger_beaming: My only claim is that you can't really talk about legs when games are heavily bundled.

Swift_Star

Banned
True. But I never claimed that, so no clue why the blue team is piling on me :messenger_beaming: My only claim is that you can't really talk about legs when games are heavily bundled.
1 - because you're a warrior that distribute laughs and empathy emojis left and right and trolls playstation in every single thread.
2 - this makes no sense whatsoever.

SLB1904

Banned
legs are for games that are on the top. whether you like or not. every single popular game is bundled in some way, from cod to FIFA, to Mario to literally everything. even if not official but stores do that as well.
deal with it

1 - because you're a warrior that distribute laughs and empathy emojis left and right and trolls playstation in every single thread.
I laugh and empathize a lot. It's not really meant as trolling, I'm not quite on Rivet's level :messenger_beaming:
2 - this makes no sense whatsoever.
Why not? How can you talk about legs when the hardware is in such high demand that people buy it with pretty much anything bundled? Destuction Allstars was #1 on Spain charts several times because of bundles, for example.

Last edited:

Actually I think toy enjoy this btw. Your obviously using bundles to eliminate the thought that a game has legs. As in your suggesting that people don’t want it in the first place. I believe that’s why people are piling on you because some do actually want to play those games. To be fair Horizon Forbidden West isn’t a terrible game so I can see why some might be interested in those bundles. Now a bundle with some trash like Destruction All Stars is a different story. I had a chance to buy a PS5 but refused it due to that game being included.

kingfey

Banned
I’m only here to discuss physical sales and am not trying to sell digital copies or trying to push discussion of gamepass on others. I know full well what this topic is about.
Then you are ignoring the issue with that.
Why don't you check the 1st page, and tell us the issue with these type of threads?

All it serves is to bash one thing. That is all.

Actually I think toy enjoy this btw. Your obviously using bundles to eliminate the thought that a game has legs. As in your suggesting that people don’t want it in the first place. I believe that’s why people are piling on you because some do actually want to play those games.
Then people are reading way too much into it and getting mad about nothing 🤷‍♂️ The only thing I'm saying is that we can't yet determine whether these games have legs or not.

Swift_Star

Banned
I laugh and empathize a lot. It's not really meant as trolling, I'm not quite on Rivet's level :messenger_beaming:

Why not? How can you talk about legs when the hardware is in such high demand that people buy it with pretty much anything bundled? Destuction Allstars was #1 on Spain charts several times because of bundles, for example.
1 - Having trolls from both sides doesn't make it less annoying, you're not different from Rivet at all.
2 -
legs are for games that are on the top. whether you like or not. every single popular game is bundled in some way, from cod to FIFA, to Mario to literally everything. even if not official but stores do that as well.
deal with it
This is it. A game has legs regardless of your arbitrary feelings on the matter.

Last edited:
Then people are reading way too much into it and getting mad about nothing 🤷‍♂️ The only thing I'm saying is that we can't yet determine whether these games have legs or not.

Depends if Sony gives us any numbers or not. They usually brag about the successful titles.

And thanks for recommending me the game I’ll definitely pick up a copy sometime this week.

kingfey

Banned
Again, this data point doesnt say much because Xbox owners in the past few years haven't been buying physical regardless. They aren't buying physical regardless.
That is the issue with this data. There is mention for digital sales.

So people would take the 8% as face value. Page 1 clearly shows that.

SLB1904

Banned
Again, this data point doesnt say much because Xbox owners in the past few years haven't been buying physical regardless. They aren't buying physical regardless.
i doubt they are buying digital either when you have the download button ready to go. again it isnt a bad thing. why would you buy a mild game like that when you can just play and get over it. if it is a popular game like gta or something yeah i can see people want to own

Stuart360

I havent made any posts regarding this whole 'bundle' angle, but the PS5 is very hard to get. You could bundle 'Barbie Horse Adventures' with PS5 and it will be flying up the chartz.
And there is nothoing wrong with including bundled games in sales, its always been that way, but dont then come back all fanboy salty and be like 'Lolz and da people said X game wasnt selling well, what doez you say now boyz!?!?'. lol.

kingfey

Banned
This is it. A game has legs regardless of your arbitrary feelings on the matter.
The game has certain fanbase. Whether you hate it or not, it doesn't matter, as long as those fanbase buys it.

I buy RPG, because I like it. People who bash it, won't buy it. That doesn't mean it will sell less.

Then you are ignoring the issue with that.
Why don't you check the 1st page, and tell us the issue with these type of threads?

All it serves is to bash one thing. That is all.

Well I agree that people are bashing bundles a lot but I don’t think it’s a bad thing. I’m definitely not ignoring what this article is about.

I mean it makes total sense when taking into account the XSS and how Gamepass will of traditioned more people over to digital. But no, we must have a 10 page thread ignoring data and commomn sense and just have shitposting, its fun.
It's like the patrick meme. People know that this is physical sales only. They know Xbox primarily sells digital games. They know the UK is just one region. Still comes to the conclusion that UK charts shows that games don't sell on Xbox.

Swift_Star

Banned
Depends if Sony gives us any numbers or not. They usually brag about the successful titles.

And thanks for recommending me the game I’ll definitely pick up a copy sometime this week.
They will release numbers and you'll see the same people saying it sold what it sold because of bundles. The damage control will never stop regardless of how stupid it is.

Top Bottom