• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK Day One : PS5 day one pre orders were 3 times that of Series X and S...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caio

PS5 day one pre orders were 3 times that of Series X and S,
and Xbox SeriesX and XboxSeriesS pre orders crushed the Xbox One day one numbers back in 2013.

Also, One night of PlayStation5 pre orders are currently tracking 32% higher than that of PS4 full day one numbers.

It appears we will have a hot Holiday Season.

Believable. Sony has a better grasp on global sales compared to MS. I would like to know the North America sales comparison since it “should” be more equal fighting grounds.

I would also ask if both pre-orders sold out...did MS grossly underestimate the desire for people to buy their systems if Sony still had a 3x lead on them?

Last edited:

Abriael_GN

RSI Employee of the Year
PS5 day one pre orders were 3 times that of Series X and S,
and Xbox SeriesX and XboxSeriesS pre orders crushed the Xbox One day one numbers back in 2013.

Also, One night of PlayStation5 pre orders are currently tracking 32% higher than that of PS4 full day one numbers.

It appears we will have a hot Holiday Season.

This is a fake account, it's the same one who was posing as "YouTube data analyst" a while ago to spread fake news about conference viewership, and ya got baited.

El Sueño

In my country the PS5 were bought in minutes. There are even insiders in the retail that tell people in certain forums when there will be more PS5 available. Amazing stuff.

dolabla

Fake account or not, I don't doubt that XSX/XSS probably crushed the Xbox One as that system was an absolute disaster. So glad Xbox turned things around after that fiasco and are now releasing a beast of a console right off the bat.

Stuart360

Probably true, but this random Twitter account isn't who I'm going to for confirmation.
True or not, its simply down to how many consoles were available by both, and nothing more.. It will be months after launch when we can see a proper picture of how both consoles are doing.

DJT123

Historically Sony have controlled the European market. People are set in their ways. It's not suddenly going to turn on a dime, despite having every reason to.

Last edited:
Microsoft realizing they bout to lose the generation hard, laughing straight to the bank to buy Zenimax/Bethesda for $7.5 billion and avert crisis.

giphy-9-the-man.gif

Sony:
tenor-9.gif

oldergamer

In my country the PS5 were bought in minutes. There are even insiders in the retail that tell people in certain forums when there will be more PS5 available. Amazing stuff.
Sure bud.

Anyone in all cases all units have sold out for both sony and MS. Also MS is doing a global launch this time for the first in Xbox history ( sony isn't doing a global launch ) and also selling xbox in regions/countries they never previously did. Sony always did better in most of Europe and Japan. However many of the countries sony sold consoles in, the only way to get an xbox was to import it.

how can this true using basic logic?
Both are sold out everywhere. Do you really think Sony can even produce 3x as much as MS? Lol
Sony can’t even launch worldwide at the same day.

Probably because the Series S is struggling to sell out? It's really not sold out everywhere. Here, get one if you haven't already: https://www.game.co.uk/en/xbox-series-s-2831409

Probably because we have seen Series X and S allocations for multiple stores are they are about 1/3rd of the PS5 allocations?

Last edited:

skneogaf

Sure mollie, whatever you say!

Both sold out instantly so unless shops were accepting pre orders without actually having consoles then I don't believe it.

wolffy71

Banned
Either way they both sold out so.. and theres no way on Earth xbox is gonna sell even half of what Sony sells. Its just not gonna happen and both companies know that.

GHG

Gold Member
Anecdotal but both the Series X and Series S are still available for pre-order at various places. The PS5 sold out everywhere pretty much instantly.

To be expected though since this is the UAE and both PlayStation and Nintendo are really strong here.

ethomaz

Banned
Where that coming?

GFK?

Said that yes... Series pre-orders didn't put the world on fire (even in US the lines were modest) and even with the low allocation it is still available in a lot of stores.

PS5 basically sold out in hours even with high availability.

Last edited:

Journey

Banned
They both filled whatever was produced for Pre-orders.

PS5 sold out = XSX sold out

Nothing to see here.

Maxwell Jacob Friedman

leads to fear. Fear leads to xbox.
They both filled whatever was produced for Pre-orders.

PS5 sold out = XSX sold out

Nothing to see here.
but is the Series S still available, because the digital version of the ps5 sold out in multiple places while I think some sites while the Series S is still available

Orky

Banned
Probably because we have seen Series X and S allocations for multiple stores are they are about 1/3rd of the PS5 allocations?

Lol. not really. And what about Xbox series X. Can you get that everywhere? No you can’t. Because it’s sold out everywhere, as I said. But it’s ok, believe the fake Twitter account.

also, we know now that Sony actually sold units they don’t even have:

People bought consoles day one and now get it on December.

Last edited:

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
You are too literal. The available stock across europe was way smaller than the PS5 one, and it still took longer to sell out. That's what I meant.

Sure thing, ps5 preorders dropped randomly over day and a half, Xbox went up at one time. I’m sure someone had a stop watch timing shit.

get the fuck outta here with this nonsense.

Lol. not really. And what about Xbox series X. Can you get that everywhere? No you can’t. Because it’s sold out everywhere, as I said. But it’s ok, believe the fake Twitter account.

also, we know now that Sony actually sold units they don’t even have:

People bought consoles day one and now get it on December.

I literally said in my first post in this thread that I'm not going to this random account for confirmation.

Stop wasting my time.

iJudged

Banned
Seems about right, I fully expect to see PS5 outsell Xbox 3 to 1, but the fact is, MS isn't in that race any longer.

My 2 cents: They're playing the long game and will be raking in billions, eventually via subscriptions. Sony realized that as well and are planning to follow in similar foot steps, unfortunately, MS has virtually endless moneys and will keep acquiring studios, something Sony will have hard time keeping up cause $

Rolla

Banned
I made a thread about my experience in GAMEUK and got attacked for saying the manager there, all be it anecdotal evidence, wasn't seeing the same level of interest for XBOX pre orders.

Which was surprising to me because UK is XBOX strongest territory in the entire EU.

Last edited:

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
but is the Series S still available, because the digital version of the ps5 sold out in multiple places while I think some sites while the Series S is still available
Because there was really small portion of PS5 DE available. There was some threads about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom