• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/EU Amiibo Thread | Compatible with the regular-sized New Nintendo 3DS

Kyonashi

wSnBt8a5.png

9yKYkkI6.png

XlvObbbv.png

ORSjkhwk.png

Retailers (please message me with the URL if you know a retailer not on the list):

Useful links:

Kyonashi

-----Pricing Tier list as of 22/02/2014-----
*All Amiibos are around £10*
*Selling price is based on what people are willing to spend on eBay for them*

Based on what I've personally seen and my own experience:
Few things to note
1) This is based on searching for e-/retailers within the UK only.
2) This is for the EU packaging
3) You have money to spend

Keys:
SBw1.(Amiibo name) (#x)= Smash Bros wave 1 (Amiibo) (Print number)
Eg:
SBw3.Bower (#20) = Smash Bros wave 3 Bowser (#20)
SMw1.Mario (#20) = Super Mario wave 1 Mario (#1)

We're clearly rare as fuck but we haven't properly been released yet.(£x selling price):
SBw3b.Shulk(#25)
SBw3b.King Dedede(#28)
SBw3b.Metaknight(#29)

Jeremy Kyle (£40 selling price):
SBw2.Little Mac (#16)
SBw3a.Rosalina and Luma (#19)

Keep trying(£30 selling price):
SBw1.Villager (#11)
SBw1.Marth (#12) Confirmed reprint
SBw1.Wii Fit Trainer (#10)

We're an online job(£25 selling price) :
SBw2.Captain Falcon (#18)
SBw2.Pit (#17)

Uncommon(£18 selling price):
SBw1.Kirby (#6)
SBw2.Zelda (#13)
SBw1.Fox (#8)

Have to search around for a bit(£15 selling price):
SBw3a.Lucario (#21)
SBw3a.Toon Link (#22)
SBw3a.Sheik (#23)
SBw3a.Ike(#24)
SBw3a.Bowser(#20)
SBw3b.Sonic(#26)
SBw3b.Megaman(#27)

You've seen us sitting on store shelves and ignored us because you already have us.(£10 selling price):
SBw1.Mario (#1)
SBw1.Yoshi (#3)
SBw1.Peach (#2)
SBw1.Luigi (#15)
SBw1.Samus (#9)
SBw1.Link (#4)
SBw1.Donkey Kong (#7)
SBw1.Pikachu (#5)
SBw2.Diddy Kong (#14)

-----Places to buy Amiibos (ranked in personal order)-----
*My secrets revealed*
Argos online
Prices: £10.99 online and retail
Delivery: £3
Other information: Frequently putting Amiibos on low price deals. They do home delivery. They let you search other stores stock.

GAME online
Prices: £10.99 online. £14.99 retail
Delivery: Free
Other information: They do home delivery. They let you search other stores stock.

Toys R Us
Prices: £10.89 online and retail
Other information: They do home delivery. They let you search other stores stock. They do click and collect.

Tesco
Prices: £10.00
Other information: They do home delivery. They do click and collect.

Nintendo UK store
Prices: £10.99
Other information: They do home delivery.

Smyths
Prices:10.00 online and retail
Other information: They do home delivery. They let you check other stores stock

Other places you may have not expected that are generally meh and random but are still worth checking.
Zavvi
John Lewis
Very

-----5) Personal tips-----
1) When checking online at places like Toys R Us, it's worth ringing them as their website is never accurate. I've often found the website saying that Amiibos are in stock when they aren't or that Amiibos aren't in stock when they are.
2) When checking online at places like Toys R Us, Argos and GAME, make sure to use your post code to search for local stores but also use post codes from further away places and ask if anyone can get one for you.
3) Personally I travel to the stores regardless of what online stock says.
4) Argos have a very good system in place in their stores which let you check the availability of an item throughout all of the UK.
5) When checking online...don't use eBay or Amazon.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Because the other thread moves very fast and it's very difficult to have a conversation about UK and European stock without being drowned out by American voices, at the request of a few users I've made a EU/UK Amiibo thread. As always, please be civil and let's all do our best to help one another get all the children's toys we want.

Kyari

Posted this in the previous thread but I was in Argos earlier and was told that their central warehouse lists the current wave as shipping March 4th.
The website will allow reserving for in store pick up from that date, with expected delivery to stores by the 9th.

TheMoon

Had my first retail adventure today. Met three guys hunting for Shulk & co today. They snatched up both of the available Shulks and the DeDeDe's at the store. But I found two more Shulks at another store and bought the better looking one. Wave 3B (I call it Wave 4) is definitely a problem one for Europe for once. Online retailers can't keep up with them at all, no matter if they only ship domestically or export to overseas.

Semajer

Does anyone know where I can get a Captain Falcon in the UK? My original order got lost in the post at Christmas. If not, does anyone know if there will be a restock any time soon?

Hobohodo

The store I work at had one Sonic in and it was a preorder.

Any tips for where to hunt out a Shulk or is he a pipe dream at this point? Had a preorder and Gamestop cancelled it.

empyrean

I would say avoid gameseek, pre-ordered King Dedede with them and Rosalina, both are still listed as 'pre-order' and they just keep putting back the release date. Sent them an email and they just said they aren't sure when stock will be in. If that's the case then don't take pre-orders you can't fulfil!

TheMoon

From what I've seen Wave 3B has plenty of Mega Man and Sonic. Both stores I went to were drowning on them.

btw, OP: UK = part of EU.

I put Shopto in originally but then remembered it was banned and removed it. I'll put it in, but not as a hyperlink.
Yeah if you put a hyperlink it'll be censored but just put it up as non link, I mean they were banned for a reason but it's one of the "reliable-ish" sites for Amiibo orders/preorders especially since they shipped them in boxes now.

MicH

If someone has a spare EU Shulk I can probably get an extra Villager or (maybe) a Little Mac to trade if anyone is interested in that. All EU of course

At long last.

Just a mention: as of yesterday (19/02) ToysRUs UK and Tesco Direct both sent an email stating the Rosalina in the UK and Ireland have been discontinued. Shock.

Kyonashi

btw, OP: UK = part of EU.

I'm very aware. We like to think of ourselves as important enough to be considered separate though. :p

Also being in the UK myself my knowledge is far greater of UK stock, so the clarification is there because I'll need others' help on listing EU online retailers and such.

Yazoo91

Neo Member
I guess some won't be happy about this thread but I think it makes lots of sense.

On topic, Hermes delivered my Mega Man to the wrong address yesterday, after much complaining on my part there was no real resolution until the person who it had wrongly been delivered to very kindly brought it to the house, he's from a totally different part of town as well, not like it was a few doors away. Can't stand that Nintendo use Hermes but at least I got my Mega Man in the end :)

Kinda gutted about Meta Knight's availability, will have to hope Argos come through with some stock... :/

Nbz

Currently have a "not yet dispatched" status on my Shulk order from Amazon. They haven't straight up cancelled it or anything so I'll take that as a good sign...

MicH

Currently have a "not yet dispatched" status on my Shulk order from Amazon. They haven't straight up cancelled it or anything so I'll take that as a good sign...
You didn't get an e-mail? Most of us got an e-mail stating that they didn't even enough stock and as such the order has been delayed until June :(

kadotsu

Banned
Feels good to have wave 4 already pre-ordered.

The next nerve wracking part will be Greeninja, Mario Collection Wario, Palutena, ZSS and Olimar when they get announced.

Because the other thread moves very fast and it's very difficult to have a conversation about UK and European stock without being drowned out by American voices, at the request of a few users I've made a EU/UK Amiibo thread. As always, please be civil and let's all do our best to help one another get all the children's toys we want.
I've no real interest in Amiibo, but thanks for doing this. Just want to point out that the UK is part of Europe ;-)

Danneee

Just received Mega Man. Question is, do I open the package and put him next to my Little Mac or just keep it in the box...

I got a chuckle from the thread title.
Looking to score some Dedede. Anybody know where he at?
Also I have no idea if anybody knows but Amazon UK has Wii Fit Trainer for £12.99.

I feel like this amiibo business would be better to get into later on rather than running with it real time. Then again I only want a few of them so it isn't like I'm in too deep.

kubus

aww :( I'll edit it with a non-transparent version. As pretty as it is, I guess mobile functionality is more important.
I didn't even know dark theme worked on mobile.
Anyway can't you just add an outline to te text in the color of the default grey theme? It will still look the same in the
superior
white theme then, but also becomed readible for dark theme users.

I want a Shulk one because I like Xenoblade, even though I have no games the Amiibo will work with. I just want the model :( But all the eBay ones are ridiculous amounts of money for what is a relatively low quality figure. :(

I want Alter to make Xenoblade figures...

I have Marth... Went into Argos and Game today but they had no new ones. The latest wave were in the Argos system but they all said coming soon. Might try again tomorrow. Really want Meta Knight/Shulk/Dedede.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Dash Kappei said:
Guys :(
I've been fucked over by both my Amazon.it and GameStop.it (were I've paid 5€ for each figure to preorder!)... Now I'm left without
Shulk
King Dedede
Meta Knight

I've got to trade
Wii Fit Trainer
Sonic
Capt. Falcon

Anybody willing to help? Any packaging will do, mine are EU. Please?

-_-

I'll stop collecting Amiibos altogether if I somehow won't get at least Meta Knight, so pissed

EDIT:

LOL!!! Even after going in and paying double the amount to order from them, now Fnac.pr deleted my order too as you can see by the pic below... what did I do to deserve this shit today :(

Feeling your pain. I just picked up my Shulk pre-order and they had a couple more of the rare ones (DDD, MK, Shulk) in stock. Hit me up if you are interested. Willing to trade for rare ones or sell at cost + shipping. I am in Germany.

Sent you a pm, really hope you or some other Amiibros will try to help me out...

Sent you a PM. :)

whatever, deleted

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
I've heard a lot of people on Twitter call today "Blue Friday", because the only new amiibos that are relatively easy to come by are Sonic and Megaman - both blue. (I actually thought they'd be far harder to procure as they're third party.)

Good luck everyone. I heard reports that even the Nintendo UK webstore have cancelled Shulk pre-orders.

Checked out the few stores I could reasonably get to today before work to try and find shulk, unsurprisingly left empty handed.

Well I guess if Nintendo doesn't want my money, I can always keep it.

The megaman amiibo pictures earlier in this thread look darn good though. I guess It's not so surprising that hte ones that aren't trying to be realistic looking end up so much better.

At least I got my preorders in at game that stupid small window for Robin/Lucina. It's incredibly infuriating that the two characters I want most are unicorns. (I like that rarity scale, haha).

From my experience I would rate WFT, Lucario and Toon Link as common. Sonic and Mega Man probably too, but it is too early.

I'd downgrade Pit and Falcon to uncommon and upgrade Zelda to rare. Also I'd upgrade villager to Unicorn, but I guess he can still be found in some areas.
Marth is kinda in-between uncommon and rare for me.

Top Bottom