• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/EU Amiibo Thread | Compatible with the regular-sized New Nintendo 3DS

MicH

I got my Shulk, Mega and Sonic today. But can someone tell me, where on earth can I pre-order Pac Man and Ness? I remember when that wave of Amiibos first went live online and the only ones I could pre-order anywhere were Wario and Charizard. What gives? They can't have sold out that quickly.
Oh yes they did

Amazon UK sold out in 45 minutes

Oxx

I'm pretty sure that I received the Amazon UK 'sorry m8, here's £2 credit' regarding my Shulk order, but the estimate still says next week in the app.

Kyonashi

So this stuff has come in the post recently, the handbook a couple weeks ago and the cartridge this morning. Forgive me because this isn't entirely relevant, but I'm excited and someone mentioned Ness so that's my excuse. :p

As I didn't manage to get any of the new wave this morning despite getting up at 7am, I will console myself with these.

Rc5nOeI.jpg

dPf5T1C.jpg

jsJreCn.jpg

Why is there no Lucas amiibo T_T

EmiPrime

Yeah if you weren't at your computer when Amazon and Shopto put up preorders for wave 4 you probably missed out. I am glad I got my orders in but the whole situation is ridiculous.

I got my Shulk, Mega and Sonic today. But can someone tell me, where on earth can I pre-order Pac Man and Ness? I remember when that wave of Amiibos first went live online and the only ones I could pre-order anywhere were Wario and Charizard. What gives? They can't have sold out that quickly.
Oh yes they did

Amazon UK sold out in 45 minutes
This and Americans were buying five of each on Amazon UK, where they apparently bragged on Reddit and love how Amazon UK offers a flat rate delivery to the U.S. as well =/

Oswen

My Shulk preorder from Gamestop ended up being cancelled, I visited tons of stores today and it seems everyone only received some Sonics and a few Mega Men or nothing at all.
I'm so angry.

H1PSTER

My Shulk preorder from Gamestop ended up being cancelled, I visited tons of stores today and it seems everyone only received some Sonics and a few Mega Men or nothing at all.
I'm so angry.

I'm surprised that Sonic and Megaman are the ones that actually didn't sell out.

A non-Nintendo Nintendo toy? I thought they'd go like hot cakes.

XaosWolf

How did I manage to get Mega Man preordered since December and not be able to find anything anywhere for Pac Man?

He's literally the only Amiibo I was excited about. =(

This and Americans were buying five of each on Amazon UK, where they apparently bragged on Reddit and love how Amazon UK offers a flat rate delivery to the U.S. as well =/

Shit, GMT didn't stand a chance.

Kito

At last. This separate thread was very much needed. I never want to hear the words Walmart and Target again.

Ikon

I was excited for some new amiibo today but my local GameStop only had Mega Man and Sonic, neither of which I want. I wonder if they never got a Dedede or if someone else in this small Norwegian wanted him too... I guess I'll go back to ask tomorrow, couldn't be bothered with waiting in line today.

Kyonashi

So I did end up getting an amiibo today after all. :p With the Groupon for Very.co.uk I found in the CheapArseGaffer thread, I picked up a 365 day PS+ subscription and a Peach for a total of £37.95. I had to bump the total over £50 to activate the £25 voucher so it was a toss-up between Pikachu and Peach (only ones they had in stock I was interested in) but I will have another amiibo coming as a little bonus gift alongside my cheap PS+ subscription!

openrob

Just checked in with things Amiibo and realised that my Amazon Shulk Pre Order has been delayed :(

Only Amiibo I ordered as well.

EDIT:

This was part of the email I received

Amazon said:
Hello,

We're still trying to obtain the following item you ordered on December 09 2014 (Order# 026-3537794-9727547).

"Nintendo amiibo Super Smash Bros. - Shulk (Nintendo Wii U/3DS)"

We're awaiting a revised estimate from our supplier, and will email you as soon as we receive this information.

If you'd prefer to cancel the item, please visit Your Account on the link below:

I fucking knew the Robin amiibo would be gold dust (I know he's not out yet, but still).

Man I am staying up all night every night around the time the Duck Hunt Dog goes on sale. That guy will be gold dust with a side of unicorn blood to obtain, I'm sure :\

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
I got my Mega Man and Sonic today, both really good looking figures. I still want a Dedede, but it's really hard to find. Most stores in Belgium don't even get him. I called around, and they weren't sure they'd get him at all. I put one in my bol.com basket, but the stock was already empty when I wanted to check out.

Mr-Joker

Banned
I missed out on getting Lucina, Robin, Ness and Pac-Man. Only managed to pre-order Charizard. ;_;

Annnnnd I really want Lucina but I ain't paying more than £10.99 for her.

Fuuuuuu, thanks Obama. *grumble grumble* ¬_¬

Kyonashi

I missed out on getting Lucina, Robin, Ness and Pac-Man. Only managed to pre-order Charizard. ;_;

Annnnnd I really want Lucina but I ain't paying more than £10.99 for her.

I might be able to source a spare Lucina if you have a Rosalina or MK to trade? Long shot...
I'll be using her to try and get the last couple I want but if I fail then I'll probably just sell it to someone in this thread at base price in April.

Porcile

Very glad I got Megaman, but I'm giving up on Amiibo's after my pre-orders for Toad and Bowser come through. I really want Ness but he's been out of stock on every website for weeks now. Hopefully Nintendo see's some sense and has a good stock on release day instead of this pre-order nonsense but I doubt it. Luckily I have the complete Mother 2 Gacha's set to satisfy my figure needs.

Also, my local GAME was a complete wasteland for Amiibo's. I saw one Luigi and a Mario and that was their entire stock. I've never actually seen a Wave 3 figure in a shop.

Kyonashi

So interesting turn of events...

I have been asked by a temp agency who I have done work for Nintendo before through (retail at games conventions and such) to go and set up standees and take pictures of stock in Smyths and GAME stores. This sounds very much like it could be amiibo related...

I've emailed back and hopefully can get some insider info. It's almost certainly Nintendo trying to take research of the amiibo situation in the UK.

MicH

I just want Shulk since I actually played Xenoblade. Praying for another shipment on Amazon, will jump on it ASAP.
Even if/when Amazon (UK) gets a new shipment of Shulk they'll all go those who pre-ordered but they didn't have enough for

And yeah, as someone who played and loved Xenoblade when it released in 2011, I reeeeaally want Shulk too :(

Springy

Cool, EU thread.

GAME canceled my Shulk pre-order I'd made in early December at the beginning of the week. It's the third time I've had an amiibo pre-order canceled. Glad to see pics of Gaffers who've got new pick-ups unboxed and happily sitting on desks and shelves.

Think I'm going to just sit back and just try to pick up what I see at RRP; it isn't worth the effort.

I love amiibo, and I hate amiibo.

Mr-Joker

Banned
I might be able to source a spare Lucina if you have a Rosalina or MK to trade? Long shot...
I'll be using her to try and get the last couple I want but if I fail then I'll probably just sell it to someone in this thread at base price in April.

Sorry, but I only have 1 Rosalina and MetaKnight (which is my little brother). But thanks though.

Koren

Hopefully Nintendo see's some sense and has a good stock on release day instead of this pre-order nonsense but I doubt it.
Hopefully there's a thing like a "release day". The main problem I have, beside abysmal stocks, is that there's no thing like a "release day".

Preorders are now not much more than a lottery ticket of a small chance to get those.

Especially when you see Nintendo online store cancelling preorders (that's really shocking)

I technically have a preorder for wave 4, but I don't think I'll see them (especially when the preorder say "shipping estimate between 3rd of march and 10th of march"... I just hope that they DON'T cancel the preorder on 10th of march because they weren't able to get them)

Koren

It's almost certainly Nintendo trying to take research of the amiibo situation in the UK.
According to someone working for a major retailer in France, Nintendo itself said they don't want to increase shipments in fear of seeing stock remaining

(yeah, totally seeing that coming... I'm not at 4 Amiibos I've never seen in store, and 3-4 others I've only seen once)

Chopper

The Wave 4 preorder situation has been completely ridiculous. Like, more ridiculous than normal. At least previous waves have been available to preorder for a decent amount of time. This time round, Nintendo UK had them up for, like, half an hour and they were all claimed by scalpers, meaning that they enforced a "1 unit per customer" limit far, far too late. And Amazon has had them for about 5 minutes in the middle of the night, and they were all claimed by American scalpers.

I keep refreshing both websites in the hope that they'll turn up. But it's not looking good.

Wave 4 is a farce.

The Wave 4 preorder situation has been completely ridiculous. Like, more ridiculous than normal. At least previous waves have been available to preorder for a decent amount of time. This time round, Nintendo UK had them up for, like, half an hour and they were all claimed by scalpers, meaning that they enforced a "1 unit per customer" limit far, far too late. And Amazon has had them for about 5 minutes in the middle of the night, and they were all claimed by American scalpers.

I keep refreshing both websites in the hope that they'll turn up. But it's not looking good.

Wave 4 is a farce.
This helps explain why when I recently looked to find out the state of King Dedede it was like the Amiibo never existed, it's the only other one I planned to get after I nabbed Ike which was at least simple enough.
Not anything for me to be that bothered about but even so it's pretty lame.

MicH

Hopefully there's a thing like a "release day". The main problem I have, beside abysmal stocks, is that there's no thing like a "release day".

Preorders are now not much more than a lottery ticket of a small chance to get those.

Especially when you see Nintendo online store cancelling preorders (that's really shocking)

I technically have a preorder for wave 4, but I don't think I'll see them (especially when the preorder say "shipping estimate between 3rd of march and 10th of march"... I just hope that they DON'T cancel the preorder on 10th of march because they weren't able to get them)
Ugh, I hate how Amazon cancels/delays Amiibos on the day they send them out. They must have known this before the day before the release date. It is really annoying because it's too late find it anywhere else!

Anth0ny

I've been checking Amazon.fr multiple times a day every day since Wave 4 was announced.

Yesterday, I finally checked and not only were they all gone, but Amazon.fr no longer ships to Canada :(

EU Amiibos were my only realistic shot at getting any of the rare amiibos. The situation is 2000000x more fucked in Canada. I think it's about time to quit this hobby :(

harpingon

Neo Member
I've given up. Too much disappointment. Too little stock.

The only people this is hurting are Nintendo's biggest fans. Wouldn't have thought they'd have this much goodwill to squander, tbh

Koren

Ugh, I hate how Amazon cancels/delays Amiibos on the day they send them out. They must have known this before the day before the release date. It is really annoying because it's too late find it anywhere else!
I agree, but the preorders are now so random that I intend to double-preorder at least all of the Amiibos I really want (if not all of them).

By the way, there's a high number of AC GAF-ers among Amibros, it seems.

If Nintendo ever released an AC line, we're (even more) doomed.

They probably won't release animal villagers, but I'd pay a lot for Marie and several others.

Koren

I've been checking Amazon.fr multiple times a day every day since Wave 4 was announced.

Yesterday, I finally checked and not only were they all gone
Did they really put them to sale, or is this just a listing without preorders opened?

Has someone been able to preorder one on Amazon FR?

It's the same for me, in fact, but I find a couple things strange: even those that were available for a couple of days on Amazon UK (such as Wario) were "unavailable" on Amazon FR.

The listing is strange, too (with the "n|32" part that alludes to the number of the Amiibos, they're not listed like that usually)

Min0

Did they really put them to sale, or is this just a listing without preorders opened?

Has someone been able to preorder one on Amazon FR?

It's the same for me, in fact, but I find a couple things strange: even those that were available for a couple of days on Amazon UK (such as Wario) were "unavailable" on Amazon FR.

The listing is strange, too (with the "n|32" part that alludes to the number of the Amiibos, they're not listed like that usually)

I preordered Ness and Pac-Man from amazon.fr two days ago.

Chopper

I sent some angry feedback via the message center of my Nintendo UK account:

Sent by: You. 21 February 2015, 24:46
I am appalled at the shocking low stock allocation of Wave 4 amiibo. They have been "Out of Stock" since they were all claimed by scalpers buying them in bulk when they first appeared on the site. It is a similar story at other online retailers. Whilst I do appreciate the new "1 per customer" ruling, I sincerely hope the situation is rectified, and that preorders will open again for a reasonable amount of time so that those of us who are simply trying to add to our collections, as opposed to flogging them on ebay for profit, can enjoy these Nintendo products in the way that they are intended. As it stands, I can't see myself ever getting my hands on the likes of Pac-man and Ness unless I am EXTREMELY lucky or pay over the odds to someone undeserving. This isn't the way it should be. Collecting Nintendo toys should be fun, not stressful and unfair. Please tell me more stock is due.

It was initially alot longer, but there is a 1000 character limit. Also, 24:46?!

EmiPrime

Nintendo amiibo Super Smash Bros. - Rosalina (Nintendo Wii U/3DS)
Price: £49.95 & FREE Delivery in the UK. Details
Only 14 left in stock.
Sold by konsolenkost and Fulfilled by Amazon. Gift-wrap available.

Nintendo amiibo Super Smash Bros. - Pit (Nintendo Wii U/3DS)
Price: £29.95 & FREE Delivery in the UK. Details
Only 6 left in stock.
Sold by konsolenkost and Fulfilled by Amazon. Gift-wrap available.

Scumbag reseller.

Ryfferr

European Amiibros, I have a question.

I bought a Pit amiibo from GAME about 45 days ago and still haven't received it.

I already emailed them considering their policy that I should wait 45 days since it was dispatched before I inquire about them due to me living in NZ and my order being classified as International.

I'm just wondering what would be the procedure I should expect to get a refund? I'm waiting on their word but I'm just asking if anyone has experience dealing with GAME.

Thanks.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
European Amiibros, I have a question.

I bought a Pit amiibo from GAME about 45 days ago and still haven't received it.

I already emailed them considering their policy that I should wait 45 days since it was dispatched before I inquire about them due to me living in NZ and my order being classified as International.

I'm just wondering what would be the procedure I should expect to get a refund? I'm waiting on their word but I'm just asking if anyone has experience dealing with GAME.

Thanks.

You're better off asking in the Cheap Arse Gaffer thread, you'll likely get an answer much sooner/more detailed

JonnyKong

I'm going into town today to look round some gaming shops, but I'm finding it pretty much impossible to be enthused at the thought of finding any of the new bos out in the wild. I always just assume the people working in the shops would take the rare ones for themselves anyway.

Top Bottom