• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/EU Amiibo Thread | Compatible with the regular-sized New Nintendo 3DS

Koren

Well, don't be silly. Ask for Majora's Mask too.
My Majora Mask N3DS XL preorder has ALSO been cancelled because the shop has only received 1/10 of what they expected, so I'll also complain for that.

And demand MK Amiibo as a compensation.

And the next waves.

MicH

Really? Damn! Good luck, and please buy more if they have any for us on here. I hope it's not a Sheik!
I'll try and get what they have. And I don't think it's Sheik as he asked me to spell out Shulk :p I will be MAD if it somehow turns out to be Sheik

nemisis0

When did you get your shipping notice from them? I've ordered hundreds of things from ShopTo and have always received my item within two days of the shipping note; 90% of the time the next day.

Hope he arrives safely, you lucky bastard. ;)

I got my dispatch notice on teusday, I have used them for years and this is the first time I have not recived an item from them the next day, I ordered one from amazon for a mate and they got it while I am here waiting I would say he is the lucky bastard. Haha

Never actually thought to do this but, can you preorder instore at Game? I can't imagine (with the Best Buy/Toys R Us fiascos in the US) it's more reliable than online, but never even thought to ask.
Yes, however in-store preorders end up reaching allocations basically the same day they go live on the tills, so no chance. Being honest I'm not even sure what was going on with this latest wave in-store, as of Thursday we still hadn't received any of them (just yet another box full of Link) when they normally turn up on the Tues/Wed before release.

Spades

I got my dispatch notice on teusday, I have used them for years and this is the first time I have not recived an item from them the next day, I ordered one from amazon for a mate and they got it while I am here waiting I would say he is the lucky bastard. Haha

Ouch. Fingers crossed mate. I had the shipping notes for Sonic and Mega Man from them on Tuesday, too. Sonic arrived on Wednesday and Mega Man on Thursday. Dedede shipped on Friday and he arrived today.

It's impossible to say with Royal Mail. So many potential reasons for delays I suppose.

As I said, fingers are crossed for you bro!

Compatible with the regular-sized New Nintendo 3DS

post-30107-Justin-Timberlake-WTF-WHAT-gif-ZWRL.gif

Chopper

I know - perhaps a little context would help; I had Sonic, Mega Man and Dedede all pre-ordered with them. They took the money and dispatched Sonic and Mega Man on Tuesday! Nothing happened at all with Dedede so I assumed the order would be cancelled (they even removed him from the site), until late yesterday afternoon they dispatched him!
Ah okay. Fair enough. Good work.

Just called a different Toys R Us store and they said they had Shulk! It's an hour away though and they wouldn't put one aside for me (they said they hadn't put them out yet), so hopefully I can get one! That would really make my weekend
tumblr_mpjc4jvph01s0teago2_400.gif

Dommel

The collection so far

2015-02-20%2022.38.53.jpg

Checked 5 stores yesterday and could only find Sonic & Megaman.

I've got King Dedede and Metaknight backordered from fnac.be, hope they don't cancel on me.

Sadist

The Shulk situation is that bad huh? Called a local store and he told me they got 30 pre-orders for Shulk and the Amiibo situation is terrible for them. Nintendo will deliver a few and it takes a while before they send out another shipment. Sigh.

I only want a few Amiibo (I only own Samus right now) and finding Ike... well, it sucks. He's up to € 30 right now at some douchebag stores.

Just a heads up for spanishGAF, and maybe a good ingo to put in the fnac (ES) info of the OP.
Dont, I repeat, DONT preorder amiibos in the FNAC.ES website. They are not going to give them through there and infact they are cancelling every order you do (even new waves not released), and the horrible thing is that they cancelled them after weeks of them being released, fucking up many people.
Theyve also banned amiibo preorders at physical stores and is first come, first served.

Pretty glad theres an eu thread now. Maybe we can talk about the shitty distribution without americans thinking europe is the heaven of amiibos becase some guy put a photo of a denmark saturn with a corridor full of them.

Zalman

My local Toysrus has Shulk, Dedede and Meta Knight in stock. I'm out of town the next couple of days though, but I'm not worried.

H1PSTER

Same here. Was expecting at least one Toys R Us in London to have him.

Just reserved a Dedede AND Shulk from Leeds, had a lass call me to tell me they are out of stock and that the website is a seperate company from the store so they have to try and keep up with the stock of the store.

This is awful.

MicH

SHULKCESS!!

My Toys R Us came through! At first they found Sheik in the back and my heart sank. But then he came out with Shulk!!!

I then went to the FONA store in the same mall just to check. And who was sitting on the shelves? Shulk. So I snatched that one up too :p Such a good day!

Both stores still had multiple Meta Knights and tons of Sonic and Mega Man. Not a single Dedede though. I am so happy!!

Chopper

SHULKCESS!!

My Toys R Us came through! At first they found Sheik in the back and my heart sank. But then he came out with Shulk!!!

I then went to the FONA store in the same mall just to check. And who was sitting on the shelves? Shulk. So I snatched that one up too :p Such a good day!

Both stores still had multiple Meta Knights and tons of Sonic and Mega Man. Not a single Dedede though. I am so happy!!
Great news. Well done mate.

My collection for now:
foto21-02-15142338evu8v.jpg

From those ones, the ones that i really need and im missing are Kirby, Trainer and Marth. I would also like Zelda because of importance but even if she still in some stores, she is too ugly.

Then theres figures like Lucario and Diddy I dont really want. And Luigi that I prefer in the Mario party pose.

All my amiibos are prefect besides frwaking Meta Knight. His face has a lot of painting defects and Im thinking og looking for a better one an then change them in the same store. If I cant find him, then I will paint his face with figurine paint when I get them out of the boxes.
foto21-02-15143448k5unj.jpg

JonnyKong

Well my attempt in town was pathetic. The worker in Grainger Games seemed really excited about the fact he had a Sonic, I was just like noooooo I WANT META KNIGHT DAMN It. After he told me to stop shouting and banging on the counter he checked his computer and told me they haven't even had one in stock. Sigh.

TheMoon

All my amiibos are prefect besides frwaking Meta Knight. His face has a lot of painting defects and Im thinking og looking for a better one an then change them in the same store. If I cant find him, then I will paint his face with figurine paint when I get them out of the boxes.
foto21-02-15143448k5unj.jpg

Yea I've seen four Meta Knights in person now and all of them had some sort of black smudge thing going on. One of them had a lot of black in the center and the others had black crap around those ridges around his mask. That bit was so consistent that I thought it was deliberate and supposed to be shadows. But yours doesn't seem to have them?

How have you managed to see four Knights in the flesh? :(

Seems it depends of the european country. Some countries get more of a figure than the other. Is a bad way of distributing for NoE, becuase I think each country needs to see how many stores that are going to seel this things are, and then distribute them equally, not some store getting 3 meta knights and 0 shulks, and viceversa.

UK Amazon delivered my Meta Knight this morning and my Shulk and MegaMan are also on the way.

No idea why I got 2 emails stating I wouldn't possibly get them until June. Maybe a lot of people cancelled their orders. Also got another Trainer on the way from them too, so I can use her to swap.

Happy days.

Zomba13

I think Meta Knights mask is supposed to be filthy. Pretty much every Meta Knight I've seen (in person and online) has had "dirt" on it. It's weird because the Meta Knight Smash 4 render looks pretty clean.

Spades

SHULKCESS!!

Congrats! Now get back down there and pick up a Meta Knight for the rest of us! ;)

Kyonashi

SHULKCESS!!

What country are you in and would you be willing to pick up one of those Meta Knights for a fellow Amiibro? :p

TheMoon

How have you managed to see four Knights in the flesh? :(

Saw two yesterday at across two stores, one each. One of them was gone today and then I went to another town that had two more in the same store. However, across those three stores plus three extra stores that also carried amiibo, only one of them had a DeDeDe (well, the first one yesterday had one but a group of three guys already hogged the amiibo shelf and snatched up the DeDeDes and two Shulks). All teh while you could build a tower out of Mega Man and Sanic.

I think Meta Knights mask is supposed to be filthy. Pretty much every Meta Knight I've seen (in person and online) has had "dirt" on it. It's weird because the Meta Knight Smash 4 render looks pretty clean.

I don't think so. The render is what your amiibo is supposed to look like. The only deviation so far is Villager because his eyes are consistently farther apart on ALL the amiibo I have seen since launch.

H1PSTER

I'll say it again.

Why are Sonic and Megaman so available!? They are non-nintendo characters that were/are pretty popular and now they have Nintendo toys.

Welp, since amazon.fr cancelled my Wave 3b preorders subsequently I cancelled Mega Man and Sonic myself ;(.. Ordered the whole wave at a local gamestore (the only one I know that has the whole wave in stock) yesterday and just got the message that all of them have been sent today. Yay =)

But honestly, in most shops Shulk, Dedede and Meta Knight are sold out, in Switzerland. That's pretty much a first for me, I can't remember when something sold out at releasedate here, ever. What's up Nintendo =/

Kyonashi

I'm starting to think, in the UK at least, Meta Knight and Dedede just haven't actually been released yet. Has anyone seen one in the wild or received one from somewhere other than Amazon/Nintendo?

I'll say it again.

Why are Sonic and Megaman so available!? They are non-nintendo characters that were/are pretty popular and now they have Nintendo toys.

I can understand for Sonic, he's basically Mario levels of popularity. Mega Man is pretty baffling though... gives me some small hope for receiving a Pac-Man in April.

MicH

Congrats! Now get back down there and pick up a Meta Knight for the rest of us! ;)

What country are you in and would you be willing to pick up one of those Meta Knights for a fellow Amiibro? :p
I'm in Denmark. I would love to help you guys out, but we get next to no stock here. The only reason why many of them are still available is because there's next to no demand. And I would feel bad sending what stock we get out of the country, if that makes sense. Sorry to disappoint

kubus

DutchGAF:

bol.com has Dedede and Metaknight listed again for €15,99, but they are "preorders" with a february 20 release date. Either bol has a time travel machine or Nintendo is restocking on february 20 2016. Or it is a mistake and they'll cancel everyone's orders later.

You can order and pay after delivery, so it doesn't hurt to give it a try. You never know.

(I'm afraid that they don't ship outside the Netherlands and Belgium)

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
^^^
Please Dutch GAF get MK and SHULK for me? Yes? :)
If they actually ship 'em I'll pay you everything I owe plus shipping and will gift some Steam games?
Or I have a WFT and C.Falcon to trade

I'm in Denmark. I would love to help you guys out, but we get next to no stock here. The only reason why many of them are still available is because there's next to no demand. And I would feel bad sending what stock we get out of the country, if that makes sense. Sorry to disappoint
Which FONA had the Shulk? did they have more? I live in Copenhagen and couldn't find any Shulks searching around Frederiksberg yesterday.

Top Bottom