• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/EU Amiibo Thread | Compatible with the regular-sized New Nintendo 3DS

TheMoon

Funnily enough, most of the time, I find Amazon.de cheaper than .fr ^_^

I guess you remember more the better deals abroad than those you get...

I know those things happen, but I'm surprised it happens with Amiibos.

The one releasing friday? It's still a preorder... I'd be curious to know whether it's indeed a policy. With Amiibos cheaper elsewhere in Deutschland, that doesn't seem a normal move for Amazon...

Another example: The Switch: stuck at its 329€ price on DE, steadily dropped to below 299€ on FR.

Miitopia, Hey Pikmin, Ever Oasis: 34€ on FR, while 39.99€ on DE

Well, fire emblem warriors might be coming out on September 28th in Japan. That was the leaked release date from the Japan eshop.

I assume that next month their will be a direct confirming this and then after prw orders for chrome and tiki will be opened.

I am now only collecting the fire emblem akimbo and maybe 1 or 2 that interest me through their unique designs. We will just have to wait and see if the possible August direct comes true.

For some reason Amazon UK shipped everything except my Cloud and now I'm worried.

They did the same with my female corrin. If you get an email saying they could not find any stock, then i would suggest trying to find an alternative. Don't cancel unless you get another order dispatched first.

Bazry

Wow been up for a good few hours now and still not OOS, either they've got a huge shipment in or not many have seen it

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Only cared to consider the 8-bit Link and that's already sold out (assuming it even came back in stock)

Really, I want an aLttP style Link amiibo.

Chopper

Toon Link and Zelda are still available as far as I can see.
Nah it's the holy Skyward/Twilight/Majora Link trinity that I'm still missing.

On the bright side, my Qbby arrived!

3JHJFBl.jpg

Nah it's the holy Skyward/Twilight/Majora Link trinity that I'm still missing.

Ah, they didn't come back in stock. It was just the two Wind Waker characters and Ocarina Link.

Majora's Mask Link is the next Amiibo I want. I played through it for the first time this year on 3DS and loved it.

Hah. Had no idea this OT existed, fuck. Only been collecting for a couple of months but Toon Link (WW or Smash) is my holy grail. Noticed Zelda WW was there and managed to grab her but didn't know I'd just missed Link too! Have to hope he doesn't come back in between now and Thursday (payday) lol.

Will post a few pics of my modest collection when I get back home. Going to be real useful having this thread around for updates.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
The ๖ۜBronx;247273386 said:
What's the standard price for amiibo in America or elsewhere? The Odyssey amiibo seem to be the standard price, were they expected to be higher retail?

Cheap because the pound is in the shitter.

Koren

The ๖ۜBronx;247273386 said:
What's the standard price for amiibo in America or elsewhere? The Odyssey amiibo seem to be the standard price, were they expected to be higher retail?
Like BGBW said, it's a matter of exchange rate.

It used to be 12.99€, but now the common price is usually 14.99€, and the first price for those was even 16.99€ in many places.

Two years ago, 10.99£ was close to 14.99€. Now, it's less than 12€. Even with shipping, it's now cheaper to buy Amiibos in UK for people paying with euros.

Same with the US, $12.99 is less than 11€, so 30% cheaper.

I don't know if a lot of products have seen price hikes in UK following the evolution of exchange rates, but it wouldn't be surprising to see an increase. If you factor the exchange rate and prices in EU, Amiibos should be 13.99£ in UK now.

I don't know if a lot of products have seen price hikes in UK following the evolution of exchange rates, but it wouldn't be surprising to see an increase. If you factor the exchange rate and prices in EU, Amiibos should be 13.99£ in UK now.

So Game.Co.UK are only technically ripping us off by £1.

Yeah the pound has fallen. It's like 92p to €1 so when travelling I don't even bother to make any calculations anymore. If something costs 5 euros I just see it as 5 pounds.

Thanks. I hope I don't miss them 😬

They generally put them up closer to the games release. The metro I'd ones were put up last month so I would expect them to be up soon-ish.

Remember that you have to spend more than £20 to get free shipping, so I ly getting one might not be worth it.

Top Bottom