• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK GAF: Nintendo 2DS + 2 Games - £99.99

Not the greatest games, but you could always sell them on/trade them in for something else.

CEX give £21 trade in for those two games atm, so the 2DS is just £78.

Deal will begin tomorrow...

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/1416428.htm
http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/1382978.htm

Side note. It's also available for £100 from Tesco Direct and Sainsbury.

jonno394

CEX give £21 trade in for those two games atm, so the 2DS is just £78. Hmmmmm extremely tempted seeing as Zelda is coming soon.

I foresee Nintendo being EXTREMELY profitable this holiday season if there are more bundles like this (but with better games). Even if the Wii U bombs horribly, 3/2ds will pick up the slack and then some.

qko

Where's the deal? I clicked the link and its there for 109.99.

EDIT: Damn I'm an idiot. it obviously starts tomorrow.

RaikuHebi

Banned
CEX give £21 trade in for those two games atm, so the 2DS is just £78. Hmmmmm extremely tempted seeing as Zelda is coming soon.
Exactly what I thought. This is an amazing deal. Even moreso if Argos give a £10 voucher, but that's only for purchases over £100. Maybe they'll be generous?

Exactly what I thought. This is an amazing deal. Even moreso if Argos give a £10 voucher, but that's only for purchases over £100. Maybe they'll be generous?

The £5/£10 voucher deal ended today.

Those who got one with their Vita purchase could get this for £90 and then trade the games in for a further £21 saving...

RaikuHebi

Banned
The £5/£10 voucher deal ended today.

Those who got one with their Vita purchase could get this for £90 and then trade the games in for a further £21 saving...
Ahhhh damn. I assumed they were doing that for the rest of the year.

I was stuck between a 2DS or 3DS XL, but with this deal I think I'm definitely getting a 2DS now.

Ahhhh damn. I assumed they were doing that for the rest of the year.

I was stuck between a 2DS or 3DS XL, but with this deal I think I'm definitely getting a 2DS now.

It usually only runs for a month or so. I wouldn't be surprised to see pop up again before Christmas though, has been the case the past few Christmases.

XaeonBE

I paid 90 EUR for my 3DS XL at release day... Though this was without any games :( AND I had to turn in my old DSI XL for it.

Skyzard

Banned
I'd buy the 3DS or XL at that price, want to at least be able to try out the 3D with the games I think. I saw it for about 5 seconds in a shop recently with 3 layers and the effect looked neat. Surely some games run okay with it too.

Mileena

Banned
I'd buy the 3DS or XL at that price, want to at least be able to try out the 3D with the games I think. I saw it for about 5 seconds in a shop recently with 3 layers and the effect looked neat. Surely some games run okay with it too.

You don't need the 3D, it's shit.

That said, the XL looks like a much better piece of hardware than the 2DS if you're not a child.

Shahed

Damn it. Why'd it have to be 2DS? If there was a similar deal that cost slightly more for the XL instead, I'd get it. I'm 4 games away from clearing my Vita backlog and was eyeing a 3DS purchase over Christmas

rjc571

Banned

Fun fact: Most games run at the same framerate whether 3D is enabled or disabled. The system's stank ass CPU is its main bottleneck, so disabling 3D doesn't help improve performance most of the time.

Portugeezer

Fun fact: Most games run at the same framerate whether 3D is enabled or disabled. The system's stank ass CPU is its main bottleneck, so disabling 3D doesn't help improve performance most of the time.

Games that don't have a difference is because developers chose to keep the game consistent, not a CPU bottleneck.

RaikuHebi

Banned
Many people say the 3D is worth it, but with this deal in mind (assuming one trades the games in) the 3D would cost the same amount as buying 3 games, 4 if one counts the XL. I know it's a nifty feature, but is it really worth money that could be spent on 3-4 games?

In other words:
£100 for 2DS + Mario Land 3D (by trading in the crappy games).

£165 for 3DS + Mario Land 3D. (Tesco Direct).

£180 for 3DS XL + Mario Land 3D. (Tesco Direct).

RaikuHebi

Banned
Do it...

Deal is live by the way, I expect it will sell out fairly quickly so if you have any interest, might want to reserve one...
I pre-ordered last night whenever it went live haha.

Incidentally the Vita is still at £140 with Killzone, just missing the 8GB and Tennis from the previous deal.

Top Bottom