• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK Gas Price Crisis

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member

H8dstsz.png

:messenger_neutral:

DKehoe

Alx

Let them eat cake.
Honestly I don’t know whether we can ‘afford’ to live at the same temperature all year long, but it’s definitely a good habit to use heating more sparingly, and in particular to have a colder house in winter and wear robes or wool inside. Better for your health, budget, environment and even life balance (I’m no hippie but I find it soothing to have my life follow the cycle of seasons, and tucking myself under warm sheets at night when the room is cold is part of that)
I’m not talking about living it rough obviously, but less cocooning isn’t bad.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
LOL.

When I'd go out to lunch at the food court pre-covid there was a clothing store that had a giant sign up saying "Closing Sale" with big % off signs everywhere.

It had been up for at least 5 years.

AT some point when the office opens back up and I'm back eating lunch there, it'll probably still be there.

Impotaku

Live in a towerblock where gas is forbidden so it's having zero impact on me, during the spring & summer months i overpay the electricity bills so i'm in shitloads of credit so when winter comes i can take it easy with heating without the hassle of huge bills needing to be paid. Lol all the dumb fucks who voted for all this shit are now getting their rewards i can sit on the sidelines & laugh my ass off. Most people here in the uk don't really know what struggling/survival is and it's amusing watching them all panic like sheep, used to live in jamaica where if i wanted water i had to go with a bucket & string to pull it up from the tank and carry it back to the house i can survive any shit here in the uk.

Gp1

Are they still using that sugar petrol (was that the 70s?) or did they go back to oil?

Yes we still have the option to use ethanol and basically every auto is hybrid between petrol and ethanol. But the same plant that produces ethanol also produces sugar so the prices are not very competitive.

Considering that sugar prices in dollar went up and BRL is undervalued, this makes the Brazilian sugar specially competitive at the international market.

Between produce ethanol (undervalued and for the internal market) or sugar (overvalued in dollar), the decision is easy for the producers.

i read sometime ago about the situation in UK. Is really that bad?

Inflation (ok, it's almost a global now) energy crisis, gas prices skyrocketing, energy firms defaulting, low economic growth, lack of HGV driver so food shortages, petrol shortages...

what a clusterfuck.

Last edited:

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
Three more gas suppliers have gone down this morning. You won’t read about it in the news yet but trust me you will in the next few days.

Top Bottom