• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK: Marvel vs Capcpom: Infinite charts at 12, Pokkén DX at 5

chartsmrugo.png

https://www.chart-track.co.uk/index.jsp?c=p/software/uk/latest/index_test.jsp&ct=110032

Will update the OP when we have more info.

Some tidbits about this week:

- Destiny 2 digital sales are only at almost 30 %.
- Project Cars 2 debuted 74 % less than Project Cars
- 250k games were sold

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2017-09-25-a-disappointing-week-for-uk-game-sales-maybe

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Pokken did very well for a enhanced Port. Didn't expect it to outsell MvC tough... Capcom keeps fucking up this gen. This game will likely underperforms as well.

At least MHW looks REALLY good, so it could become the breakout hit they need after their current gen performances.

Project Cars 2 coming in at #2 after Destiny seems like a really good start for them.

EDIT - never mind; I've just seen in the other topic that PC2 is down 71% on the first one. That's a crazy drop.

At least MHW looks REALLY good, so it could become the breakout hit they need after their current gen performance.

For real. It's getting really good buzz and reception at the shows it's been at, so we can only hope. There's a lot more riding on this game than I think Capcom originally intended.

vaderise

MvsC3 is one of my favorite games of all time and i haven't even considered getting MvsC:I until it drops to somewhere around 20$.
For a sequel that came 6 years later it's unbeliavable how inferior it looks to it's predecessor. Not surprised at all that it's bombed hard.

iJack

Banned
Ouch. Well, hopefully good buzz can help Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite. It's easily my favorite fighting game right now.

The God

The roster is ass

The visuals are ass

The marketing was ass

Don't know what Marvel/Capcom/Disney were thinking.

rockyt

Pokken did very well for a enhanced Port. Didn't expect it to outsell MvC tough... Capcom keeps fucking up this gen. This game will likely underperforms as well.

At least MHW looks REALLY good, so it could become the breakout hit they need after their current gen performances.

MHW looks good but I don't think it'll translate into sales. MH series have not done well in the West especially on consoles.

Back on topic I surprised at Pokken placement on the chart MvC did worse than I expected. Thought it be at least top 5.

eFKac

Wasn't expecting that kind of a bomb for MvC.

Also didn't Xenoverse 2 launch on the Switch? That's nowhere to be seen.

MvCI is just a pretty ugly game even if you're only comparing it to its direct predecessor. The capcom selection seems worse, especially compared to mvsc3 ultimate and the marvel side lost xmen as mainstays, admittedly that one isn't capcom fault.

The marketing hasn't been great either.
Can't say I'm surprised.

iJack

Banned
Shame about MVCI, because the game its absolutely fun.

I actually think it can bounce back. Also, the market for Eastern made fighting games changed a lot. The game had a lot of bad buzz coming in, but I think that the fact that the game is good might help it on the long run. I'd gladly support this thing buying DLCs and all if Capcom commits to it. I'm that passionate about it right now.

kadotsu

Banned
The roster is ass

The visuals are ass

The marketing was ass

Don't know what Marvel/Capcom/Disney were thinking.

It was pretty telling that MvCI was listed alongside some mobile titles at a Disney games press conference. Disney simply didn't give a shit.

Xenoverse Switch also didn't get on the charts another mega bomba.

Bomba's everywhere.

If they use this as a reason not to port FighterZ then, I won't even know what to say. I don't even care for a FighterZ Switch port myself as I'll be buying elsewhere, but this Xenoverse 2 port was doomed to fail given the fact that it's retailing at £49.99+ and FighterZ is receiving so much hype.

bombshell

No, that's why people were arguing about Destiny 2's digital sales which only now are being revealed and make up 30% of copies sold according to OP.

The source article reads: "some chap I had dinner with heard that Destiny 2's sales are almost 30% digital"

It's far from an official number.

When your game features Marvel Super Heroes predominantly and still flopped, you really need to look into a mirror and self-access on what the fuck is wrong with the person managing all these.

Seriously, who is the overall manager for Capcom Fighting Games at the moment? Ono? cause whoever it is, he's due for a demotion. Almost every decisions made for SFV and MvCI were full of compromises (especially compared with its prequels) and unnecessary controversial. SFV was created with MOBA esport envy..thus the over-reliance on in-game currencies, online only, no single player modes and esports. MvCI was created due to Injustice envy (and an attempt to right the wrong of SFV) but seems to be given the same sub-par low budget effort in its overall package presentation as SFV (MvCI has the worse UI i've ever seen...there's basically no visual identity in MvCI...it's just graphics...but no art)

Wamb0wneD

I watched the endind and bossfight of MVC Infinite earlier today... Nothing of value was lost. Except of my time I guess. Some gruesome stuff.

iJack

Banned
MvCI is just a pretty ugly game even if you're only comparing it to its direct predecessor. The capcom selection seems worse, especially compared to mvsc3 ultimate and the marvel side lost xmen as mainstays, admittedly that one isn't capcom fault.

The marketing hasn't been great either.
Can't say I'm surprised.

I respectfully disagree with this. I genuinely think it looks better than Injustice 2, for example. Of course that it doesn't look better than the Dragon Ball fighting game because Arc Systems does the best looking fighting games in the market for years now. With that said, I truly don't understand the "ugly game" remarks. Best fighting game I've played in ages, and I love SFV, Tekken 7 and Injustice 2.

Xater

Maybe the next time Capcom decides to make another fighting game they'll put some effort in and not half-ass it on almost all fronts.

Top Bottom