• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK Next Prime Minister Thread

Typhares

Dec 5, 2013
UK
I though I would create one topic to discuss instead of creating a thread every single step of the way.

For those unaware Theresa May stepped down from her position and now the conservative party has to decide who will take her place.
The process is as follow:
-All candidates declare themselves
-MP votes regularly and the candidates with lowest vote gets knocked out until only 2 remains
-At which point the conservative party members can vote for the ones they want to win

In images:

The first round of MP voting just ended with the following results:

Last edited:

Gashtronomy

Apr 19, 2019
I'll take the coke-sniffer please.

I used to like Johnson for this appearances on HIGNFY, but he seems to be getting a little too chummy with the yanks.

That on its own is fine, but I have a twitchy arsehole about the fate of Britain, post-Brexit with a yank-bum-chum in charge.

Last edited:

somerset

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2019
"whoever wins, we lose"- the true cry of any age when satanic evil is crushing good.

For the benefit of yanks (and other non-limeys), the UK hasn't had even a true fake two-party system since Tony Blair finally came to power. Our 'three' parties are all headed by fabians- and vote in alligience in the House of Commons and Lords. So orwellian new laws fly thru the House of Commons, and no attempt is made to bring down *weak* governments by the *fake* opposition (as was the case when I was young).

In other words, the face at the top doesn't matter- behind the scenes pulling the strings are Tony Blair's fabian monsters- who took control of every institution of the UK during Blair's *visible* terms as PM.

The problem of the day is *hard* brexit. The fabians wanted us out- easy, just fix the election (actually the fix was that a fix wasn't needed after Blair had swamped the UK with uncontrolled immigration from everywhere bad). But the next problem is harder- to get the dribblers who are the MPs to agree to hard Brexit- for each of them (except the 'hidden' elites) believe in the mainstream media control messages. In other words, the majority of MPs are SJWs.

The House of Commons is, as I hope you all know, an actualy *democracy*- the UK is *not* a Democracy, but a nation ruled by a *representative* democracy called 'The House of Commons'. In the commons everyone has an equal vote (less so now the blairites have passed a law saying an MP can be kicked out for minor crimes- and since they are *all* criminals, at any time any of them can be removed by the deep state this way). So to get hard brexit, the MPs have to be *manipulated* into voting for a thing the majority are against.

Waiting for the *dribbler* to tell us that since Blair has spoken against Brexit, he doesn't want Brexit. Ahem.

War is approaching, and in the UK it is *essential* these days to have a 'left' party in power when the war happens, else most Brits will not just oppose the war, but may well take action against the government. So Corbyn it is- which requires a further self-destruct for the Tories.

Hard Brexit will accompany the Conservative final meltdown, allowing Labour to wash their hands in public and say "not our fault". Then the election and Blair's lieutenant Corbyn takes over. And the final countdown to war on Iran starts.

Meanwhile the usual shills will hit forums big and small telling you what you see is all there is to see, and its all *real*. Get the mouthbreathers backing their favourite Tory- for the old psychology of "which team do you support?" never fails to bedazzle the hard-of-thinking.

Tony Blair murdered *two million* innocents in Iraq and reuined the lives of tens of millions more. Do you know how many people this is, and how much satanic misery? Of course not- dribblers will think all day about the murder of one- act horrified at the murder of ten, and go utterly numb in the brain at the murder of millions.

Today the politics of the West is dedicated to find the final excuse to do vastly worse in Iran- to use *nuclear* weapons under the same excuse Blair used to excuse depleted Uranium (causing horrific birth defects to this day).

All the tory candidates and Corbyn 100% applauded the west's wahhabi invasion of Syria, and the destruction of that nation for Israel. All the candidates and Corbyn justify the satanic butchery Israeli terrorists inflict on Syria almost daily. All the candidates and Corbyn cheer the supply of British sniper rifles to 'one shot, two kills' sniper teams in Israel to be used to murder protesting children, women, men, nurses and journalists in Gaza.

An 'interest' in current british politics is a *support* of pure demonic evil. Why would anyone freely do this. In the age of the net, the crimes of Blair, the political system of the West, and the entire mainstream media with regard to Blair's invasion of Iraq is laid bare.

*Two million Humans* put to death cos it suited Israel to have the industrial base of Iraq utterly ended. That is the value of Human life to those people too many of you choose to support. And now we are watching as all of them are getting ready to do *far* worse to the people of Iran.

I grew up learning what the Japanese did to the people in the lands they conquered- what the nazis did to the slav people. And I live in an age where most of you justify the same agenda against those peoples your masters label as the 'other'.

Jmarshall

Mar 28, 2018
"whoever wins, we lose"- the true cry of any age when satanic evil is crushing good.

For the benefit of yanks (and other non-limeys), the UK hasn't had even a true fake two-party system since Tony Blair finally came to power. Our 'three' parties are all headed by fabians- and vote in alligience in the House of Commons and Lords. So orwellian new laws fly thru the House of Commons, and no attempt is made to bring down *weak* governments by the *fake* opposition (as was the case when I was young).

In other words, the face at the top doesn't matter- behind the scenes pulling the strings are Tony Blair's fabian monsters- who took control of every institution of the UK during Blair's *visible* terms as PM.

The problem of the day is *hard* brexit. The fabians wanted us out- easy, just fix the election (actually the fix was that a fix wasn't needed after Blair had swamped the UK with uncontrolled immigration from everywhere bad). But the next problem is harder- to get the dribblers who are the MPs to agree to hard Brexit- for each of them (except the 'hidden' elites) believe in the mainstream media control messages. In other words, the majority of MPs are SJWs.

The House of Commons is, as I hope you all know, an actualy *democracy*- the UK is *not* a Democracy, but a nation ruled by a *representative* democracy called 'The House of Commons'. In the commons everyone has an equal vote (less so now the blairites have passed a law saying an MP can be kicked out for minor crimes- and since they are *all* criminals, at any time any of them can be removed by the deep state this way). So to get hard brexit, the MPs have to be *manipulated* into voting for a thing the majority are against.

Waiting for the *dribbler* to tell us that since Blair has spoken against Brexit, he doesn't want Brexit. Ahem.

War is approaching, and in the UK it is *essential* these days to have a 'left' party in power when the war happens, else most Brits will not just oppose the war, but may well take action against the government. So Corbyn it is- which requires a further self-destruct for the Tories.

Hard Brexit will accompany the Conservative final meltdown, allowing Labour to wash their hands in public and say "not our fault". Then the election and Blair's lieutenant Corbyn takes over. And the final countdown to war on Iran starts.

Meanwhile the usual shills will hit forums big and small telling you what you see is all there is to see, and its all *real*. Get the mouthbreathers backing their favourite Tory- for the old psychology of "which team do you support?" never fails to bedazzle the hard-of-thinking.

Tony Blair murdered *two million* innocents in Iraq and reuined the lives of tens of millions more. Do you know how many people this is, and how much satanic misery? Of course not- dribblers will think all day about the murder of one- act horrified at the murder of ten, and go utterly numb in the brain at the murder of millions.

Today the politics of the West is dedicated to find the final excuse to do vastly worse in Iran- to use *nuclear* weapons under the same excuse Blair used to excuse depleted Uranium (causing horrific birth defects to this day).

All the tory candidates and Corbyn 100% applauded the west's wahhabi invasion of Syria, and the destruction of that nation for Israel. All the candidates and Corbyn justify the satanic butchery Israeli terrorists inflict on Syria almost daily. All the candidates and Corbyn cheer the supply of British sniper rifles to 'one shot, two kills' sniper teams in Israel to be used to murder protesting children, women, men, nurses and journalists in Gaza.

An 'interest' in current british politics is a *support* of pure demonic evil. Why would anyone freely do this. In the age of the net, the crimes of Blair, the political system of the West, and the entire mainstream media with regard to Blair's invasion of Iraq is laid bare.

*Two million Humans* put to death cos it suited Israel to have the industrial base of Iraq utterly ended. That is the value of Human life to those people too many of you choose to support. And now we are watching as all of them are getting ready to do *far* worse to the people of Iran.

I grew up learning what the Japanese did to the people in the lands they conquered- what the nazis did to the slav people. And I live in an age where most of you justify the same agenda against those peoples your masters label as the 'other'.
There is a lot of facts on amongst this conspiracy crap, you have me bamboozled sir. You are no lazy troll playing the conspiratorial nutcase, neither are your conspiracies presented, completely beyond reasonable possibility. But you are wrong, very wrong, dangerously wrong, you need to reassess your fundamentals beliefs because the path you are on, leads nowhere good.

Alx

Jan 22, 2007
All those weird elimination rounds remind me of the Hunter x Hunter elections.

Hissing Sid

Feb 19, 2015
The only pundit I value in all of this:
I usually quite enjoy this guy but found this video a bit shite tbh. Hey look! Humans are flawed! News at Ten.

I mean, if saying the most important thing we need in a leader right now is some slick twat who vets their every thought through the media lens and looks good for Kodak events then we may as well have Blair back. After all he may have burned the fucking world but at least he gave a decent speech and dressed well.

I say give Boris a go. It’s not as though he has anything to measure up to considering the last bunch of muppet Prime Ministers we’ve had.

llien

Gold Member
Feb 1, 2017
Should we assume hard brexit if Boris wins? ( What a strange name for a non slavic person)

Yeah I thought that too: no women left, mostly white male, not a good look, yikes etc...
Given that only 3 percent of bits are black, how is white man hate even a thing in uk?

Boss Mog

Dec 12, 2013
Given that only 3 percent of bits are black, how is white man hate even a thing in uk?
It's pretty simple really, the biggest haters of white men are white men. There's a whole generation of white man-babies that have been indoctrinated to believe that white men are the biggest evil and to disagree is to be a white supremacist nazi.

It should be noted that the fact that nearly half of London is foreign-born and London being the capital and biggest city which controls politics and the media in the UK, plays a big part in it too.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bolivar687

Typhares

Dec 5, 2013
UK
Should we assume hard brexit if Boris wins? ( What a strange name for a non slavic person)

The asian population is bigger than that, 5% mostly Indian/Pakistani. Although I don't see them playing the victim card much so who knows.

gradient

Resident Cheap Arse
Oct 25, 2017
I honestly don't know how people can keep supporting Boris. Time and again he's shown himself to be the worst kind of Tory, blatantly lied, broken key election promises and demonstrated that he always puts his own aspirations and self-interest above the people. Christ, he couldn't even keep his vows to his wife and is now shacked up with his young mistress which should be a massive red flag in itself.

But... but... harmless, bumbling fool act.

British politics is so fucked when the guy with the best odds of being priminister is the one his party have been making considerable efforts to keep off TV and away from public interactions for fear he'll drop himself and them in the shit.

Reactions: ROMhack

Typhares

Dec 5, 2013
UK
Another insufferable interviewer... women get paid less and do the chores... first one is pretty much false and the second nobody is forcing them to be with men that don't help at home. And are these chores gendered... who gives a shit! Most women I know don't want to take out the bins, nobody does I reckon!
Anyway he's right though labels mean nothing anymore.

MB1

Apr 30, 2019
To the Brits in this thread, how long before a general election is called?

funkygunther

Dec 22, 2018
To the Brits in this thread, how long before a general election is called?
the Conservatives have already called a premature GE once in order to get some serious Brexit on the go, and they ended up having to cosy up to the DUP who shit themselves over the whole back-stop thing (basically blocking their own Brexit) and parliament ended up with more Labour seats than before

that said, the Tories aren't good at learning from the mistakes so I'd say a GE will be called within a week of Boris becoming party leader

Reactions: MB1

Jmarshall

Mar 28, 2018
whats with the leading candidate looking like a british Trump? ( or at least a british Gary Busey)
He's far smarter and more ideological than Trump. Johnson has obtained the persona of affable British eccentric, it's one he's deliberately cultivated to make him more likeable to the voters. He's someone who does hold actual beliefs, even if he shares Trump's desire for power, they're different characters, Johnson isn't a populist. For the American, I'd put him more in the Regan mold.

Gashtronomy

Apr 19, 2019
I saw Johnson answer some questions over some London Mayor bollox once. He had very little material vs the grillers having books and books. He schooled them, hard.

He may look like and act like a bumbling toff, but he is one the quickest and most intelligent people in politics. Probably a great ally, but I bet he is not one to go against.

Either way, Call a GE. Get the libs and greens in, cancel Brexit (can't believe I'm saying that!) legalise weed = happy country.

Last edited:

Typhares

Dec 5, 2013
UK
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-48680189

Dominic Raab has been knocked out of the Tory leadership race in the latest ballot of MPs, leaving five candidates in the battle to be the next PM.

Boris Johnson once again came top of the second ballot, with 126 votes - 12 more than in the first round.

Jeremy Hunt, Michael Gove, Sajid Javid and Rory Stewart also got enough votes to make it into the next round.

Reactions: Gashtronomy

Schrödinger's cat

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2011
BBC wokeness eclipsing basic standards of professionalism:

Article said:
One of the most awkward moments of Tuesday night’s Conservative leadership debate was when a Muslim voter challenged the candidates on anti-Muslim prejudice within their party. The BBC identified the man as ‘Abdullah Patel from Gloucester, speaking from a studio in Bristol’, and described him as an imam.

Shortly after the programme concluded, someone tweeting under the name Abdullah Patel (@AbdullahPatel94) claimed on Twitter to be the imam from the programme. His Twitter bio describes him as an ‘imam, primary deputy head, teacher, youth worker [and] trainee counsellor’ with a degree in psychology and counselling.

The BBC News website embedded his Twitter thread in a follow-up article, meaning the Corporation either knows @AbdullahPatel94 to be the same man featured in the debate or its journalists assumed this to be the case and republished his comments without checking.

It’s important to establish these facts because, if @AbdullahPatel94 is, as he claims and the BBC seems to believe, the Abdullah Patel from the debate, the Corporation has some serious questions to answer about how extensively it vetted him. Guido Fawkes tweeted, before heading to bed, that those interested should have a gander at @AbdullahPatel94’s tweets about Jews. I did and what I found wasn’t pretty. Many of the tweets have now been deleted, so what follows is the screen grab. It was there for anyone to read.
Frankly, I didn't know whether to post this in this thread, the BBC Woke thread or the Clown World thread. It qualifies for all of them.

Last edited:
  • LOL
Reactions: Typhares

mekes

Jun 30, 2013
London, UK
He will be our Trump, to Corbyns mob. I’m no fan and hope for a GE asap. Wanted the same for Brown and May. I’ve always been against hand me down PM’s, that never sat well with me.

Reactions: llien