• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/R.O.I GAF - Thread of geopolitical confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

MmmSkyscraper

Unconfirmed Member
More blue skies and sunshine today, fuck yeah.

WTF happened to the petrol talks, they started last week and haven't heard a peep since then? Maybe they gave up and are playing RISK instead.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.

WTF happened to the petrol talks, they started last week and haven't heard a peep since then? Maybe they gave up and are playing RISK instead.

the government got embarrassed by the way they handled things and got the MI5 to pull some shit up and blackmail the union bosses to stop the strikes.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.

The country ran out of petrol. Truckers lost their jobs because there was nothing left to transport. Union broke up because there was no one left to represent. Nissan is developing cars in Britain that run off misery.

Suairyu

Banned
I have my own phone extension at work now. And I use fax machines (fuck fax machines).

I feel like I'm in a movie about people in an office.

MmmSkyscraper

Unconfirmed Member
I have my own phone extension at work now. And I use fax machines (fuck fax machines).

I feel like I'm in a movie about people in an office.

TaAPh.jpg

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Muay Thai, nice! That must be quite fascinating to learn. still, 35 degrees heat?! pfft. try 45 degrees yo! now THAT is unbreable.

I've been studying it for a few months now. It's a really interesting sport.

Going to LA in June for E3.

Bestival in September and possibly somewhere to escape the weather around xmas time.

Escape the winter, lol. I plan to come back to Scotland for December-January. I want to have a proper Christmas dinner for the first time in 4 years.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I call Fax Machines "email for old people", which upsets the old people in my office. Fuck em, can't learn to use a bloody scanner, the idiots.

Two and a half weeks till I start my new job. So hyped. Even more hyped for the mad stacks of cash I'll be getting though. £500 a month extra, fuck yes!!!

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Company I work at has a fax. Never used it, never pretended I know how it works (being in IT Support apparently means I'm an expert in all electronics) and I even asked if there's an y point in it. Apparently the education departments needs to send out faxes. Even in 2012 firms are trying to get their money's worth out of these hunks of junk.

Bad news about Meadows. But while he's banned, may I take this opportunity to say London is the best city in the whole world, so much better than smelly Manchester :p

I didn't manage to crack a wheelie this weekend, but I did narrowly avoid death by mudslide as the path along Wonka's chocolate river fell away before my eyes.

The council has been alerted of this danger.

Hey Sandwich, what bike you got there?

Suairyu

Banned
I feel bad about making fun of Meadows but I realise we're all adults here and if he feels offended he can just post here to let us know.

I don't think I've ever sent a fax. It's like a phone crossed with a photocopier, right? Why would we need that in 2012?
There are three reasons why people still use fax machines:
1 - Everyone else still uses them.
2 - For huge batches of documents, it's easier than a scanner.
3 - Everyone else still uses them.

Someone can address point #2 by making a scanner that has the same feeding and automatic mailing functionality of a fax machine. However, points #1 and #3 are why nobody even tries to.

Nevasleep

Someone can address point #2 by making a scanner that has the same feeding and automatic mailing functionality of a fax machine. However, points #1 and #3 are why nobody even tries to.
I think these already exist, and scan to email etc. Although yep #1 and #3 still apply.

I can't wait to get a new bike for the summer, live by some nice canals too.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I don't think I've ever sent a fax. It's like a phone crossed with a photocopier, right? Why would we need that in 2012?

Because OLD PEOPLE.

Also, I work in education, and lots of exam boards demand faxed copies of official documents to do things, and won't accept emails or phone convos in place.

It's IDIOTIC.

SKINNER!

Banned
Escape the winter, lol. I plan to come back to Scotland for December-January. I want to have a proper Christmas dinner for the first time in 4 years.

I've made it a tradition to never spend any time in Scotland (or the UK for that matter) during winter time. I was invited to a few parties and get-togethers last xmas and I proudly turned around and said "Nope! won't be here. I don't plan on staying and freezing my ass". Probably won't get invited to this year's xmas events now. lawl.

So wait, you don't get time off/flights from your work to see your family during xmas time?

Starting programming a game called Huckleberry Hero. You play as Mark Twain and it's half life management sim, half rhythm/typing game.

edit - that was meant for the development thread. But it's here now I guess.

PM me and I'll fax you the source code.

Starting programming a game called Huckleberry Hero. You play as Mark Twain and it's half life management sim, half rhythm/typing game.

edit - that was meant for the development thread. But it's here now I guess.

PM me and I'll fax you the source code.

I actually was looking for something to help me manage my Half-Lifes. Episode 1 has been really under-performing lately, and Blue Shift isn't exactly pulling its weight either.

Chinner

Banned
same. i was playing half life 2 on x360 because its downstairs and its more social despite me having a pretty great pc that destroys hl2.

I actually was looking for something to help me manage my Half-Lifes. Episode 1 has been really under-performing lately, and Blue Shift isn't exactly pulling its weight either.

Well I'm outsourcing to Half Life Management Solutions. They're quite good to work with, I was surprised at how quickly they integrated Portal 2 into my day to day business.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Meadows says "hi" everyone. He'll be back from his holiday in 2 weeks.

I've made it a tradition to never spend any time in Scotland (or the UK for that matter) during winter time. I was invited to a few parties and get-togethers last xmas and I proudly turned around and said "Nope! won't be here. I don't plan on staying and freezing my ass". Probably won't get invited to this year's xmas events now. lawl.

So wait, you don't get time off/flights from your work to see your family during xmas time?

I'm not a teacher. Hell, I'm not anything anymore. When I taught in Korea I got 15 days in summer and 15 days in winter (IIRC). In my last job I was lucky if I got 5 days annual leave for the entire year.

And going home for Christmas is more about family than anything.

SmokyDave

IMG_10181.jpg

I realised I don't have a good pic of my bike!
It's based on an On-One Scandal frame, with their carbon forks. I built it myself as I wanted something I could commute on, go touring on and be able to go offroad now and then. I'm not going to be bombing downhill like Danny Hart, but it's a good all-rounder.

Mmmmm, she's pretty.

I'm thinking about building a new bike. My current bike (GT Zaskar, XT groupset, Boxxers) hasn't seen the light of day in over 5 years. I reckon a cheeky lil number like you've got there would put the spring back into my step.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
same. i was playing half life 2 on x360 because its downstairs and its more social despite me having a pretty great pc that destroys hl2.

Don't lie bro! we both know you need to crank the res down to 640x480 to run HL2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom