UK: Radio Presenter Danny Baker Fired over "Racist" Baby Royal Tweet

Moze

Jan 15, 2012
If only black people demonstrated this much outrage when young black men stab each other to death on the streets of Britain.
What a disgusting comment and completely ignorant to the hard work black communities are doing to tackle knife crime in the UK. Just because YOU are an ignorant dickhead that does not care about the issues within the black community, does NOT mean the black community are too. You silly man.

Last edited:

Breakage

Mar 3, 2014
What a disgusting comment and completely ignorant to the hard work black communities are doing to tackle knife crime in the UK. Just because YOU are an ignorant dickhead that does not care about the issues within the black community, does NOT mean the black community are too. You silly man.
How are they tackling it? By repeatedly blaming the government, the police, teachers, and racism? "The police need to do more", "Teachers need to educate children about knives", "There are no opportunities", "They are suffering from mental health problems". A bunch of excuses. That's what happens when black youths get stabbed.
No real self-reflection about why there are so many absent fathers and single-parent families in the black British community, or why so many black youths are attracted to the gangsta drug-dealing lifestyle. I'm not an "ignorant dickhead". I've heard the rhetoric long enough.
That you've had to resort to personal insults says more about your desire to maintain the illusion that black British communities really care about keeping their children alive. It wouldn't be as bad as it is if that were true.

Swauny Jones

Oct 30, 2013
Business as usual for trendy twitterites competing for who can be the most woke, then.

Thankfully the average joe doesn't give a monkey's, so he got a massive standing ovation on his first gig since his sacking:

Since you took the opportunity to evade the response asking you to provide evidence of the tweet's racist intent, I'm going to go ahead and assume that you don't have shit and are operating solely off of outrage.

I suggest you familiarize yourself with Hanlon's Razor - "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

right, right. keep ignoring valid counterpoints and doubling down on shouting "RACISM!" without proper basis.

All mocking must comply to state wholesomeness guidelines, a list of which can be found at https://www.big-brother.gov.uk

The fact that you need me to explain how his tweet had racist intent speaks volumes of the type of person you are. No point in explaining the obvious to somebody who could care less about racism.

Shifty.

Gold Member
Sep 25, 2015
Somewhere in space
The fact that you need me to explain how his tweet had racist intent speaks volumes of the type of person you are. No point in explaining the obvious to somebody who could care less about racism.
More evasion, projection, and the ol' ivory tower "you don't understand so you aren't worth enlightening" response, which actually translates to "I'm angry and have no logic backing my behaviour, therefore refuse to explain it for fear of exposing my own bullshit".

Sounds like someone's afraid to engage honestly for fear of me ripping them a new discourse-hole :messenger_winking:

And on the subject of posts speaking volumes, did you come back from Reeera from any chance? Because you're being about as intellectually honest as one of those chumps with this preachy virtue signalling angle 💩

Last edited:

ssolitare

Manbaby: The Member
Jan 12, 2009
Yikes. Probably not a good idea to post that without considering how it may be received.

Last edited:

Swauny Jones

Oct 30, 2013
More evasion, projection, and the ol' ivory tower "you don't understand so you aren't worth enlightening" response, which actually translates to "I'm angry and have no logic backing my behaviour, therefore refuse to explain it for fear of exposing my own bullshit".

Sounds like someone's afraid to engage honestly for fear of me ripping them a new discourse-hole :messenger_winking:

And on the subject of posts speaking volumes, did you come back from Reeera from any chance? Because you're being about as intellectually honest as one of those chumps with this preachy virtue signalling angle 💩
You cannot possibly "explain" intent here. You didn't make the tweet. You're not psychic.
You guys are really grasping. Anyhow I'm done with this, no point in justifying any more responses to people who feel they know what is and isn't offensive to minorities and want to buy into this guys intent.
good day folks.

Shifty.

Gold Member
Sep 25, 2015
Somewhere in space
You guys are really grasping.
You can't grasp when there isn't anything to grasp :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Anyhow I'm done with this, no point in justifying any more responses to people who feel they know what is and isn't offensive to minorities and want to buy into this guys intent.
Further proof that there's no substantial argument to be had here, just someone who wants to play moral arbiter and dictate what people should and should not be offended by.

You don't know the guy's intent and neither does anyone else, because there's no such thing as a mind reader. Assuming it to be malicious or racist without any evidence past "people were offended" is some kangaroo court nonsense and will be called out as such.

Later.

Last edited:
May 2, 2006
I don't believe Danny Baker is racist but that tweet was a huge mistake given the context and I don't blame people for taking offence. It looks really bad on the surface.