• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK reality TV star criticised for ‘selling promotional PS5 for £1200 profit’

James Taylor, who is a cast member of reality show Made in Chelsea, appeared to thank “PlayingStation” (sic) for gifting him the widely sold out PS5 console in an Instagram story on Friday.

The next day, the influencer – who reportedly drives a Ferrari and claims to own a private plane – said he’d sold the console for “£1200 profit” because he preferred his PS4.

With many consumers struggling to obtain a PS5 this week and a significant rise in auction site scalping, Taylor has been criticised for what some have called poor taste posts.

p33kRP0.jpg

YCoCg

Sony got played, whilst giving out free stuff to "influencers" can be a decent thing, like come on, a reality TV stuff who's famous for being on a show where the people mainly go out and constantly hustle, what did they think was going to happen. Imagine the marketing team having to justify giving the console to someone who just wrote "didn't like it, lol, sold it".

Can’t you get fined for doing that? Most promotional material has “not for resale” stamped all over it. I get that you can’t really stop people from doing it, but this guy posted about it on the internet.

KungFucius

King Snowflake
Can’t you get fined for doing that? Most promotional material has “not for resale” stamped all over it. I get that you can’t really stop people from doing it, but this guy posted about it on the internet.

That is to warn the buyer that it is not an official retail package and to prevent mistakes. It's not to be sold at retail, not it's illegal for you to sell your shit. You can't prevent someone from selling anything they own unless that something is illegal.

That is to warn the buyer that it is not an official retail package and to prevent mistakes. It's not to be sold at retail, not it's illegal for you to sell your shit. You can't prevent someone from selling anything they own unless that something is illegal.
Well, that’s shitty. Maybe Sony will blacklist him.

UnNamed

Banned
There are a complete chain of stupidity in this.

First Sony gave a PS5 to an influencer instead of an actual journalist, believing that an influencer can actually influence someone.

Then the idiot sold his PS5 after just one day.

Another idiot have bought that PS5 at 1200 pounds with broken firmware and poor optimized games.

Conglatulaitons to everyone.

the_master

1- why would anyone prefer ps4 over ps5
2- why would someone with a private jet (rich and selfish) bother to sell a console.
3- why an influencer would sell a console instead of giving it away to someone in meed or lotery
4- why would he even need to sell it for 700$ more.

He seems to be rich and petty, although the private jet told me the same.

For anyone who is unaware, Made in Chelsea is an almost entirely scripted 'reality TV show' about insufferable, rich, Middle class wankers who either flitter away their inherited wealth in vulgar displays of vanity and ignorance, or melodramatically fuck one another.

They are all the worst, most shallow, conceited, thick, immoral and narcissistic cunts imaginable.

Also, the current actress to voice Lara Croft sounds like she's doing an impression of them.

This is basically what was always going to happen if you gave them anything for free, that didn't have a picture of their face on it.

Soodanim

I do enjoy the irony of an “Influencer” whose only influence has been to tell people he didn’t like it and there’s money to be made.

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
For anyone who is unaware, Made in Chelsea is an almost entirely scripted 'reality TV show' about insufferable, rich, Middle class wankers who either flitter away their inherited wealth in vulgar displays of vanity and ignorance, or melodramatically fuck one another.

They are all the worst, most shallow, conceited, thick, immoral and narcissistic cunts imaginable.

Also, the current actress to voice Lara Croft sounds like she's doing an impression of them.

This is basically what was always going to happen if you gave them anything for free, that didn't have a picture of their face on it.

Fuck me mate you couldn't have described those insufferable cunts better, I had the misfortune to see about 10mins of one show and wanted to throw a brick through the telly, worse kind of humans imaginable and like the fucking Kardashians the only cunts I hate more than those fuckers are the cunts who have made these fuckers possible by watching this mind numbing drivel

Fuck me mate you couldn't have described those insufferable cunts better, I had the misfortune to see about 10mins of one show and wanted to throw a brick through the telly, worse kind of humans imaginable and like the fucking Kardashians the only cunts I hate more than those fuckers are the cunts who have made these fuckers possible by watching this mind numbing drivel

Have you ever thought of buying a thesaurus?

Soodanim

Have you ever thought of buying a thesaurus?
RJMacready73 RJMacready73
At the request of the above I did the leg work for you, courtesy of thesaurus.com

Cunt
Bitch
Pussy
Box
Clit
Muff
Puss
Snatch
Twat

Fuck
Lay
Screw
Shag
Bang
Bonk
Do
Hump
Sleep with

Lay me mate you couldn't have described those insufferable bitches better, I had the misfortune to see about 10mins of one show and wanted to throw a brick through the telly, worse kind of humans imaginable and like the bonking Kardashians the only boxes I hate more than those shaggers are the muffs who have made these doers possible by watching this mind numbing drivel

I’ll be honest with you veterangamerUK, I think it’s lost something by getting the thesaurus involved.

Last edited:

Alx

1- why would anyone prefer ps4 over ps5

The PS5 probably didn't fit in his private jet...
Anyway the guy didn't do anything wrong, technically, so you can't blame him. He could have done better gestures (donate it, sell it at market price,...) but he doesn't have to.

Grinchy

Banned
An idiot who can continue playing his PS4 games but also earned more than twice the price of a PS5 if he ever changes his mind. I'm sure he's full of regrets.
Yeah, if I had a Ferrari and a private jet, I'd be really excited by a couple grand while playing the 2013 gaming system :messenger_tears_of_joy:

waquzy

Someone who can afford to live in Chelsea doesn’t need £1200.
lol, all of these wannabes have rich parents, on their own they are pretty much worthless. Apart from making money by sitting in a fancy restaurants (set up by the TV crew) and talking nonsense to each other and trying to make out it’s all real and not scripted.

NewChoppa

Banned
No one else gonna talk about how he didn’t even go back to a PS4 Pro, but a base PS4?

Dude could’ve at least played his existing games at more stable frame rates without the fans going into warp speed, what an idiot

Only time I've ever been tempted by an influence was model Victoria Clay pimping this bizarre logo LCD console. And only then because she replied when I asked "Does it run Crysis".

waquzy

I get selling it for big bucks, but not liking the PS5 and going back to PS4 is odd.

He just got over excited by the fact that first time in his life he could make a profit without asking for daddy’s help. For him this was the deal of a century and his dad would have been proud seeing his offspring hitting big time. That’s why he posted on his Instagram, £1200 profit. lol, what a loser

I have no idea why a twat like him is an "influencer" - do people really get influenced by him? WTF are we teaching our kids who look up to nobodies who don't do anything at all....

Same with all "Reality TV stars" - I mean, really? If you do a lot of good, fair enough - but all these people smack of desperation.

Top Bottom