• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK: Rockstar Energy teams up with Xbox to give away 1mo of GamePass and other prizes (Series S etc.) if you buy custom energy drink cans. Ends Dec 31

https://www.talkingretail.com/produ...ming-fans-with-xbox-on-pack-promo-06-12-2022/
Available until 31 December, limited-edition cans will feature bold artwork from the three iconic games: Halo Infinite, Fallout and Elder Scrolls Online.

Each can includes a QR code that gives players a one-month membership to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate (RRP: £10.99) and also gives fans a chance to win a range of Xbox prizes, including the next generation Xbox Series S console.

Ben Parker, Great Britain retail commercial director at Britvic, said: “Stimulant energy is the largest category in impulse, with stimulant shoppers spending 80.3% more than soft drink shoppers in OOH on average. Our latest partnership and on-pack promotion with Xbox is sure to boost sales even further for retailers.”

The limited-edition Rockstar Energy Drink cans will be available to purchase in 500ml offerings across the grocery and convenience channels.

Full competition T&Cs can be found here.

This is a bit different form the US giveaway which was currency, free games, and a chance to win a golden case with 4 drink cans and a custom Xbox controller. But this is also going to be a broader more acessible promotion.

From what I read looking through the official site, EVERY gaming branded can will give you 1 free month of GamePass Ultimate, and you will also enter for a chance to win other various prizes, including a possible free Xbox Series S.

From the looks of things this is a UK exclusive promotion for the UK gaffers. Check your local store to participate.

From all I've researched there doesn't seem to at first glance be a limit on redeeming GPU. So in theory unless there's small text somewhere I haven't found, you could buy 12 branded cans and get 12 months of GPU free. Of course, I'm sure they'll limit how much stocks stores have either way, but if you go store hopping this could be a good idea to get free months assuming you can stack.

Imtjnotu

Can't wait for the back and fourth this causes when Xbox releases game pass numbers next year lol

Dis Gonna Be Good Jason Momoa GIF

Can't wait for the back and fourth this causes when Xbox releases game pass numbers next year lol

Dis Gonna Be Good Jason Momoa GIF
The "everyone is on 1$ gamepass" is my one of the best memes in gaming. "Thats alot of 1$ subs" will always have me weak. "Thats alot of rockstar energy" has me preemptively weak.

There's gotta be, I'd buy loads of this awful piss if there wasn't a limit, let alone people who actually consume it.

The announcement is pretty low key, most likely they aren't gong to mass market the deal and instead expect average consumers to be surprised they see the branding and what they can win on the can and buy a few thinking there's a limited amount or that it will be over soon.

In this case not having a limit may be possible, especially if Rockstar is pushing for the free month to sell more product. I doubt that many people who actually drink Rockstar are going to go searching for months of gamepass, assuming if they are gamers.

I sent a contact to see if they respond on the details on if stacking is allowed.

PhaseJump

Banned
I remember the 360 launch paired up with mountain dew energy here in Canada.

I probably killed myself out of a few years worth of lifespan with the amount of that piss I drank, trying to win an Xbox.

Certinty

This has to be one month Game Pass Ultimate if you’re currently unsubscribed. No way these can be stackable codes.

Dick Jones

Gold Member
I remember the 360 launch paired up with mountain dew energy here in Canada.

I probably killed myself out of a few years worth of lifespan with the amount of that piss I drank, trying to win an Xbox.
I think Geoff Keighley remembers the Mountain Dew days too. Hail our Pope!

Top Bottom