• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK sales: Nintendo Switch dominates 2020, Switch hardware sales +90% YoY. Super Mario 3D all stars is the best seller in September.

Bodomism

Banned

Top 20 games in September
1 Super Mario 3D All-Stars
2 Marvel's Avengers
3 Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1 + 2
4 Animal Crossing: New Horizons
5 Mario Kart 8: Deluxe
6 Minecraft (Switch)
7 Grand Theft Auto 5
8 NBA 2K21
9 PGA Tour 2K21
10 Ring Fit Adventure
11 Ghost of Tsushima
12 Minecraft Dungeons
13 FIFA 20
14 Super Mario Odyssey
15 Mafia: Definitive Edition
16 EA Sports UFC 4
17 F1 2020
18 Crash Bandicoot: N.Sane Trilogy
19 Paper Mario: The Origami King
20 LEGO Harry Potter Collection

Hudo

It’s a new release made by 2K. I also don’t think there’s been a golf sim in years so the market is there.
Neo Turf Masters is still king, IMHO. But I get that PGA aims to be more of a simulation while Neo Turf Masters is just fun.

Bodomism

Banned
I think 5.5-6M in Q2 is a safe bet for Nintendo hardware shipments based on the US, Japan, and UK numbers.

13-15M in the Q3 and ~4M in Q4 that put Nintendo hardware shipments around ~26-28M in current FY.

Zog

Banned
These comparisons confuse me. I was told that Nintendo isn't competing against Sony and Microsoft. It's like comparing Pepsi to Power Drill sales, isn't it?

Last edited:

Bodomism

Banned
These comparisons confuse me. I was told that Nintendo isn't competing against Sony and Microsoft. It's like comparing Pepsi to Power Drill sales, isn't it?
They're not competing directly like PS5 vs XSX but at the same time those gamers that had enough of LGBT agenda in AAA games and mindless annual COD/GTA/Fifa/Madden/NBA2K gaming might consider Nintendo Switch as an awesome change of sight for their sanity.

EDMIX

Ghost Of Tsushima dropped quite a bit from last month, happy to see it doing pretty good as a new IP though.

tenor.gif

EDMIX

those gamers that had enough of LGBT agenda in AAA games and mindless annual COD/GTA/Fifa/Madden/NBA2K

Yet a chunk of that list literally is actually that sooooooooo Those that had "enough" are likely not even fans of those IP in the first place, as to why you still see those games sell. So I don't really buy that those past fans are some how now converted into Nintendo fans or something.

do-you-know-i-can-see-you.jpg

I havent seen Finlands numbers, but switch never been sold out here in most cities and stores usually have 70-90% of PS4 games and then tiny amount of xbox + rest are for switch

Crazy how it sells on some areas but sounds like it wont be nearly that popular here

Also it is handheld so it should be compared to 3DS or wii+3ds if thinking it is also a home console

Last edited:

Bodomism

Banned
I havent seen Finlands numbers, but switch never been sold out here in most cities and stores usually have 70-90% of PS4 games and then tiny amount of xbox + rest are for switch

Crazy how it sells on some areas but sounds like it wont be nearly that popular here

Also it is handheld so it should be compared to 3DS or wii+3ds if thinking it is also a home console
European is a Sony land with exceptions to France(Nintendo Switch breaks record there), UK(Not trailing too far behind PS4), and Germany(Same as UK). Other than that, Sony PlayStation with total domination.

Top 5 biggest gaming market for dedicated gaming console.

1. US - Nintendo is the fastest selling in this Gen.
2. Japan - Nintendo Switch already became the best selling device of this Gen.
3. Germany - PS4 domination
4. Uk - PS4 domination but Switch isn't far behind.
5. France - Nintendo Switch is the fastest selling console in this Gen.

Top Bottom