UK Schools: Boys can have periods too!

PKM

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2017
The advice to teachers was approved by Brighton & Hove City Council as they try to tackle stigma around menstruation.

The new advice follows a council report which said: "Trans boys and men and non-binary people may have periods", adding that "menstruation must be inclusive of all genders".
Now you can legit tell your buddy hes on his period when hes being whiny about something!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/12/16/boys-can-have-periods-schoolchildren-taught-latest-victory-transgender/amp/

JareBear

Gold Member
Nov 5, 2016
I don't care where (just far)
This seems to be scientifically incorrect though?

Like this isn’t about a person feeling a certain way. Menstruation is literally a process only female biology is capable of.

Edit:

Ok so I guess the point of this is for transgender male to female children to feel normal? Just trying to understand the whole story here. Seems odd, but I always assume that people are generally smarter then me so who am I to ask questions.

Last edited:

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
Sorry nope.

Menstration isn't something you feel. Its a biological function.

So transwomen are going to start pretending they have their period and we have to act as if its true?

You want to say you are a girl fine, but I am not going to start buying when you say sorry for my mood swings I am on my period now.

NickFire

Mar 12, 2014
I do not want to see anyone bullied or treated as a lesser person for these issues, and I've interacted with enough good folks who are trans that I couldn't care less what gender they prefer. But this is just way too much and it needs to stop. Live your lives how you want, but stop trying to indoctrinate children with falsehoods. Boys do not have periods and never will. Any school telling children that has their priorities mixed up.

Raven117

Oct 5, 2015
Nope, sure as fuck isn't. Guess who has known this? Mankind since the first man and women.

Look, I get that some people don't like (or even dont feel) they have been born into the correct body they want. That sucks. I get it. And I certainly don't want to make these people's lives any more difficult. However, I am not going to alter facts and reality to accommodate them.

Nov 17, 2012
Ohio
Sorry nope.

Menstration isn't something you feel. Its a biological function.

So transwomen are going to start pretending they have their period and we have to act as if its true?

You want to say you are a girl fine, but I am not going to start buying when you say sorry for my mood swings I am on my period now.
The advice is actually referring to Transmen (Female to Male) who would indeed still have menstruation.

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
The advice is actually referring to Transmen (Female to Male) who would indeed still have menstruation.
Well than that makes sense. Transmen yes would still have menstruation. I ain't an expert so I don't know if they get a fake peen or go on hormones if it stops their periods, but until that can happen they will continue to have a period.

JareBear

Gold Member
Nov 5, 2016
I don't care where (just far)
I missed this context in the article, and yeah this changes my perception of the topic a little. Though I guess my question now is are the children being told they chose to change gender or what? I hope this doesn’t sound insensitive but it seems reasonable to accept that yes, he’s a man/boy now and that’s fine but he wasn’t born male so there are some scientific roadblocks that are unavoidable

Idiocracy

Jun 18, 2018
This is about one city council in the UK that, compared to USA would control less than Dallas, and the story is from a conservative newspaper. I would look more closely into this before passing judgement.

Breakage

Mar 3, 2014
Read about this a few days ago. It's absolute madness. I often hear the cry for "more resources" to treat British children with mental health problems, and yet trans activists are happy to use children to advance their ideologically driven anti-reality ideas.
I have no doubt, foisting all these so-called progressive ideas about gender on to impressionable children will require a veritable army of mental health "professionals" to deal with the problems that emerge in future.
It's all about power and money for the people behind these ideas. They don't care about the long term damage. We are normalising lies.

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
I missed this context in the article, and yeah this changes my perception of the topic a little. Though I guess my question now is are the children being told they chose to change gender or what? I hope this doesn’t sound insensitive but it seems reasonable to accept that yes, he’s a man/boy now and that’s fine but he wasn’t born male so there are some scientific roadblocks that are unavoidable
I think its more that transmen wouldn't feel strange or be bullied for having their periods. The article mentions about putting it in both Boys and Girls bathrooms. So its more about transboys not feeling strange dealing with their period in the boys bathroom or when they see the nurse.

BANGS

Banned
Dec 13, 2016
my dear god this is pathetic... we're literally coddling people who are delusional instead of actually helping them...

Madonis

Oct 21, 2018
my dear god this is pathetic... we're literally coddling people who are delusional instead of actually helping them...
What, I wonder, would be the sort of help you're offering? With a moderate amount of specifics, if possible.

Last edited:

matt404au

Gold Member
Apr 25, 2009
Australia
This seems to be scientifically incorrect though?

Like this isn’t about a person feeling a certain way. Menstruation is literally a process only female biology is capable of.

Edit:

Ok so I guess the point of this is for transgender male to female children to feel normal? Just trying to understand the whole story here. Seems odd, but I always assume that people are generally smarter then me so who am I to ask questions.
I am quite enjoying the gradual redpilling of @JareBear 😘

matt404au

Gold Member
Apr 25, 2009
Australia
I will treat a transman with the respect I would show any other person and I will even use he/him pronouns if he requests that, but I will not say that a transman is biologically a man. That is asking me to admit that 2 + 2 = 5.

Barsinister

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2008
USA
If one is in grade school and trans-gendered, would they be trans-boys and not trans-men?

When a trans-boy has his first period, is it his first step into trans-man womanhood?

What happens when he gets his first sports car? A trans-man in a Trans-Am.

matt404au

Gold Member
Apr 25, 2009
Australia
If one is in grade school and trans-gendered, would they be trans-boys and not trans-men?

When a trans-boy has his first period, is it his first step into trans-man womanhood?

Your quirky sense of humour never fails to tickle my funny bone 🙂

brap

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2018
Yep, gotta confuse the normal kids just because 1 kid in the school might happen to be different.

Sqorin Hammerfarf

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2018
I will treat a transman with the respect I would show any other person...
Exactly. I also treat transmen with the same respect I would show any other person. That is to say, barely any. The true measure of equality isn't that you feel you are getting the respect you deserve from me, but that I equally serve the same amount of disrespect to everyone without prejudice.

BANGS

Banned
Dec 13, 2016
What, I wonder, would be the sort of help you're offering? With a moderate amount of specifics, if possible.
I'm no doctor so that's not my call, but obviously helping them cope with reality in some form is a start...

royox

Nov 3, 2013
Last time i checked boys had erections and girls had menstruation.

bigedole

Mar 10, 2015
Austin, TX
I do not want to see anyone bullied or treated as a lesser person for these issues, and I've interacted with enough good folks who are trans that I couldn't care less what gender they prefer. But this is just way too much and it needs to stop. Live your lives how you want, but stop trying to indoctrinate children with falsehoods. Boys do not have periods and never will. Any school telling children that has their priorities mixed up.
Don't think I could say it any better.

Shades of Dr Seus...

Late Flag

Jul 28, 2014
I will treat a transman with the respect I would show any other person and I will even use he/him pronouns if he requests that, but I will not say that a transman is biologically a man. That is asking me to admit that 2 + 2 = 5.
Perfectly stated.

Unknown Quantity

Gold Member
Feb 8, 2018

Sounds like a good idea, sex & lgbt education would be better than learning it off the Internet (lot of weirdos there).

ArchaeEnkidu

Vincit qui se vincit
Jan 30, 2018
Not too many people read, not even the OP.

Maybe it's time to consider @PKM have a agenda to fullfill.
Stating "boys can have periods too" is a completely different statement than "transgender boys can have periods too". One is a false statement and the other is not.

hariseldon

Banned
Aug 22, 2018
Couple of things. FIrstly, if you're unaware the source (the Telegraph) is pretty shitty. It's a broadsheet, but it's a very very right-wing one and with all news, stories are selected and framed to suit a particular agenda, and the Telegraph would love to show how the loony left is doing crazy shit.

Buried in the content, it seems to mostly be that bathrooms will have disposal facilities for sanitary products, regardless of gender, so that girls in the girls bathroom, or girls transitioning as boys in the boys bathroom, have access. It's reasonable to assume Female-to-Male transexuals will have periods, though I may be wrong on that re hormones, but if they haven't started blockers yet then I'd say this is useful for those students.

That said, there are a couple of issues here. Firstly, kids shouldn't be going down the transgender route in any meaningful way because they're not old enough to do so. They're not old enough to smoke, not old enough to consent to sex, not old enough to drink, so they sure as hell shouldn't be old enough to consent to life-altering hormone therapies or surgeries. Once they hit 18, let them crack on. Until then, it's child abuse.

Second, there honestly can't be that many out there to require a detailed policy on this. It seems therefore more sensible for schools individually to work with the affected students to find the best way to support them.

Apologies if I'm re-treading existing ground, haven't yet caught up with the whole thread.

Last edited:

ChuckeRearmed

Jan 31, 2018
That said, there are a couple of issues here. Firstly, kids shouldn't be going down the transgender route in any meaningful way because they're not old enough to do so. They're not old enough to smoke, not old enough to consent to sex, not old enough to drink, so they sure as hell shouldn't be old enough to consent to life-altering hormone therapies or surgeries. Once they hit 18, let them crak on. Until then, it's child abuse..
Yeah, it was always confusing to me. No sex, no drinks, no smoke, no driving but hey doing the fundamental change you are ok

MrTickles

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2018
That ninja erection you had in classrom for NO F*CKING REASON and the teacher suddently said "please X come to the board".
Honorable achievement in retrospect.

Last edited:

Saruhashi

Oct 2, 2018
I think it's possible to have absolutely no idea how to help while also realizing that certain actions don't seem like they would help.

Surely everyone understands the realities of "having your period" and all the various things that come with that?

So in a hypothetical situation where a trans-woman is stating that she is experiencing menstrual cramps/pains is it really a good idea for people to go along with that. I mean she doesn't menstruate, she knows she doesn't and, if we know she is a trans-woman, we know that she doesn't and she knows that we know that she doesn't. So who does it help?

With trans-men, of course, it's a different situation. I mean, imagine putting the time and effort into your transition, which is not an easy thing to do on many levels, only to be reminded once a month that you are indeed still a human female.

I'm not sure how you can help with that. Beyond saying "look you are going to have to accept reality here" and helping them cope with that reality.

It would be interesting to see how it goes over with kids who are still learning about the world.
You can say to boys that "boys have periods too" but most of them won't and so they are going to understand implicitly that only certain types of boys can have periods and this puts you right back in the position where the trans-boy is seen as "not the same as the other boys".

You know it's like you can say "men can give birth" but the vast majority of people will never ever encounter a man who has ever given birth. So how come there are some men who can do it? What makes them different?
Nothing? OK, so how come only like 1% of men can give birth? What's going on with them that isn't going on with the other 99%?

It's like biology at some point becomes an impossible thing to deny.
People can, and should, be polite but that doesn't change the fact that everybody knows exactly why it's only a specific 1% of boys that can have periods.

Shaqazooloo

Nov 3, 2018
Canada
Honestly... the world seems to have gone crazy at this point and it's making me super upset...
Like, I can't believe this is an actual thing that is being said and that we're trying to convince people that if you just dress up as another gender and really believe hard enough that you are that gender, that you are in fact that gender and everybody else is a bigot if they don't think that is the case.

Pretty crazy stuff...