• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK Software Top 10 Game Sales of 2020

Best-selling Games 2020
Chart PositionTitleTotal Unit Sales
1FIFA 212,182,694
2Call Of Duty: Black Ops Cold War1,420,353
3Grand Theft Auto V1,127,222
4FIFA 20903,810
5Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare897,350
6Animal Crossing: New Horizons*810,462
7Assassin's Creed Valhalla665,815
8The Last Of Us Part II539,247
9NBA 2K20481,507
10Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege436,957

*No Digital Data provided

Source

aries_71

All hail to FIFA. The greater god of gaming that reigns above all. 😂

I know guys here in Europe that only have FIFA installed in their PlayStation. In fact PlayStation and FIFA are almost synonyms.

Last edited:

tichamac

Banned
dcocCaJ.gif

Soodanim

Gold Member
A game that was still 6th from incomplete data, and GTA somehow still taking the piss, then a bunch of successful, mostly yearly franchises that aren’t worth noting. What a boring top 10. I want to see a list without yearly franchises on.

ethomaz

Banned
Why the title has physical only when only AC doesn't have digital?

Can Mod of War Mod of War fix the title?

Mr Moose Mr Moose only Animal Crossing doesn't have digital... Cyperbunk uncharted with digital + physical.

Last edited:

jufonuk

not tag worthy
All hail to FIFA. The greater god of gaming that reigns above all. 😂

I know guys here in Europe that only have FIFA installed in their PlayStation. In fact PlayStation and FIFA are almost synonyms.
Yup. Yeah I think FIFA and GTA helped make the PlayStation a monster in the U.K.

ethomaz

Banned
The 2020 Physical only chart for comparison.

1. FIFA 21
2. Animal Crossing: New Horizons
3. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
4. Minecraft
5. Call Of Duty: Black Ops Cold War
6. FIFA 20
7. The Last Of Us Parte 2
8. Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare
9. Assassin's Creed Valhalla
10. Grand Theft Auto 5

It is interesting like Valhalla or Modern Warfare that sold less Physical but way more Digital than TLOU2.
Or Mario Kart that sold way better physical.
Or GTA5 that sold way better digital.

Neither did anyone else in this chart.
Only Nintendo doesn't share digital... the full chart is Digital + Physical except for the Animal Crossing.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
I am a U.K. man but not a lad and I hate footy. We do exist.
FIFA sells well everywhere and it is one of the TOP selling WW... talk about or be surprise about UK only is a bit weird imo.
I really don't understand these comments about FIFA charting :D
Not aimed to you... it is fine not to like the game or football ;)

omg @ GTAV.

Are there even people out there who don't own GTAV?
🙋‍♂️

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
How and why did FIFA 21 more than double 20 in many less months?
Available in new platforms? I mean it was launched in next-gen consoles too this time.... and most buy a football game when buy a new console in Europe.

I know because I got a new FIFA after four years.

Last edited:
Available in more platforms? I mean it was launched in next-gen consoles too this time.... and most buy a football game when buy a new console in Europe.

The majority of PS5 buyers would have just been replacing their PS4s, ditto with Xbox. And if they did keep their old gen console, the same copy operates on the next gen console, so that doesn't account for much IMO

harmny

Banned
How and why did FIFA 21 more than double 20 in many less months?

because people get fifa when it launches or maybe at a discount at the end of the year. the closer you get to the release of the next fifa the less convenient it is to get the game. fifa 20 was launched in 2019 so the biggest chunk of the sales was from october to december 2019

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
The majority of PS5 buyers would have just been replacing their PS4s, ditto with Xbox. And if they did keep their old gen console, the same copy operates on the next gen console, so that doesn't account for much IMO
Do you know people buys new FIFA for the cast updates not the game new mechanics or graphics?
I used to buy one year FIFA another year PES... stopped.
4 years with the same FIFA plus a new gen made me buy the PS5 version... so at least one copy was sold due the new gen.

I will probably buy a new one in 2-3 years.

So you have the sum of the typical FIFA player that buys the game every year + these that brought a new FIFA due the new gen.

Last edited:
Do you know people buys new FIFA for the cast updates not the game new mechanics or graphics?
I used to buy one year FIFA another year PES... stopped.
4 years with the same FIFA plus a new gem made me buy the PS5 version.

I will probably buy a new one in 2-3 years.

I'm accounting for that, but why more than double the sales in only 3 months?

Oh maybe becuase the majority of FIFA 20 sales were done in late 2019. That makes sense

waquzy

I am a U.K. man but not a lad and I hate footy. We do exist.
Yeah same here, however football is massive in the UK(after all we invented the game) and no other sport comes close, not even the slightest. Every newborn pretty much wants to be a professional footballer when they grow up, so yeah that explains the obsession with footy over here!

ExKing

says GAF is a racist board but still wants to be a part of it...
Animal Crossing is probably 2nd including digital sales.

Patrick S.

Banned
Because people like it. The UK loves soccer, so it makes sense. I would ask the same thing about Madden games (which sell a few million in the US) but the answer is the same. Americans love American football.
Sure, but, if I want a football game, I buy a football game and I'm good. I don't need a new one every year. I guess people want to roleplay their teams with exactly the same roster and always the accurate haircut and tatoo of every player. I always laugh my ass off when I see PlayStations for sale with like every Fifa game from 2013 till today.

Top Bottom