• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK voting intention: Conservatives at 42%, 6% of brexiters regret their vote

Status
Not open for further replies.
And it's all well and good the Labour party being the party you can tell your friends and neighbours you vote for and have everyone think you're a nice guy but maybe if they were actually not useless they'd be in a better place, with or without Corbyn.

How can you identify the Tories as useful at this point? Labour might have had some pretty large fuck ups but at least they were largely due to world event. They didn't screw over the country because they were desperate to get the xenophobe vote.

Xun

Heck I even know right now I'm being a bit of a cunt, but I'm fighting for what I see to be my future, and no I'm clearly not happy about Brexit probably more so than anyone depressingly having to accept if they live in England or Wales their nation voted leave.
I don't really see how your situation is any worse to be honest.

The SNP will sort things out for you guys, I'm sure of it. That doesn't necessarily mean Scotland will gain independence, but I'm sure the very notion of indyref2 will rattle people in Westminster. You may not feel British, but at the very least you feel part of your country. I wish I could say that same.

I honestly don't even feel English at this point anymore. The 24th June was by far the worse day I've ever had, and it really made me question my nationality/place in the world.

sanstitrer4r1g.png

200w.gif

Audioboxer

I don't really see how your situation is any worse to be honest.

The SNP will sort things out for you guys, I'm sure of it. That doesn't necessarily mean Scotland will gain independence, but I'm sure the very notion of indyref2 will rattle people in Westminster. You may not feel British, but at the very least you feel part of your country. I wish I could say that same.

I honestly don't even feel English at this point anymore. The 24th June was by far the worse day I've ever had, and it really made me question my nationality/place in the world.

Oh no doubt. I totally concede my feelings to many of those in England, and Wales. I wouldn't dare try to pretend I have it "worse". I think its more the fact we have a chance to really diverge on a different path that just makes me a noisy git right now. If I were living in England I'd probably be next to silent wallowing in how grim things look, and how depressing it is the Labour party cannot get a grip of itself and actually rally around to genuinely offering an alternative to the Tories. As much as the SNP aren't a cup of tea for everyone I am at least grateful they are a genuine opposition to hard right wing politics.

And yes I understand this can cause people in such a position to feel salt on the wounds when noisy Scots go on about how hard we have it. Again though that being screamed by some will only carry on until Scotland sorts out where it is heading. If we shoot down independence we're coming along with the rest of the UK and no amount of noise will stop that. That's the thing about politics though, a case of hindsight is useless. You need to act and be noisy when you have the chance.

Fluvian

Banned
Just to stress, given these figures, if the referendum were held again today and turn-out was the same, the result would be:

Remain: 50.7%
Leave: 49.3%

and we've not even triggered Article 50 yet.

If our politicians had any bollocks they would just say "fuck it were not leaving". They can do that, MP's aren't voted in to exactly represent what the british public wants, their elected to do what they feel is best for their constituency.

Of course it would be political suicide but it's about the greater good, back in the 90's a good chunk of Australian PM's committed political suicide in order to get heavy new legislation on gun control through, they did and theres been no mass killings in Australia since.

spekkeh

Banned
This is an oddly leading question. Suggesting 'ordinary people' have wisdom as opposed to 'experts' opinions.

I mean the results are horrific regardless but in isolation wisdom sounds much more appealing than an opinion.

It's more a useless statistic because for all we know, only 5 out of a 1000 said 'strongly agree'. That even 5 would say it is of course baffling, but still.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
It's more a useless statistic because for all we know, only 5 out of a 1000 said 'strongly agree'. That even 5 would say it is of course baffling, but still.

I think the point is more to illustrate that Leave voters are not willing to listen to experts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom