• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UKGAF: Project Zero U : LE available on nintendo store

LogicGoat

Neo Member
Damn, £50 is a bit too steep for me for the forseeable future. (Although I didn't really expect it to be less). Hope it's not tooo limited a release, as it's the only physical edition so I'd like to pick it up at some point.

Thank you for the heads up =)

I hope other retailers get it, like Amazon. I do wonder if Nintendo are keeping it exclusively for their store, though.

Have they previously kept games exclusive to their store? (Genuine question)

Memory

Does anyone know if the store charge you right away? Or is it like Amazon and they only charge on dispatch?

Thanks for the heads up OP.

Porcile

Damn, £50 is a bit too steep for me for the forseeable future. Hope it's not tooo limited a release, as it's the only physical edition so I'd like to pick it up at some point.

Thank you for the heads up =)

No, but sometimes in the past it's been a lot easier to get limited edition stuff from there. The Bayonetta 2 LE was available a lot longer on there than other sites. People have cottoned on though and it's pretty much just like any other site now. In general, they do seem to have a more reliable stock of this sort of thing though.

Ossom

I've ordered this as I am keen to try it. I've never played any other games in the series. Are they any good? Any first impressions of this one?

Anung

Un Rama
No, but sometimes in the past it's been a lot easier to get limited edition stuff from there. The Bayonetta 2 LE was available a lot longer on there than other sites. People have cottoned on though and it's pretty much just like any other site now. In general, they do seem to have a more reliable stock of this sort of thing though.

How are they for delivery times? I'm kind of used to getting things early from sites but I've went with them here to ensure I get a copy.

Mepsi

Been waiting for this to go up since announcement, thanks for the heads up =].
Now I just need that sweet Xenoblade Chronicles X LE to get put up.

Porcile

How are they for delivery times? I'm kind of used to getting things early from sites but I've went with them here to ensure I get a copy.

Pretty good. I've had deliveries from them either on the day before official release, or on release day. Some people have had stuff delivered to them up to 3 days before official release, but I've never been that lucky. They do use couriers though rather than Royal Mail.

FWIW I buy all my Nintendo stuff through them.

Anung

Un Rama
Pretty good. I've had deliveries from them either on the day before official release, or on release day. Some people have had stuff delivered to them up to 3 days before official release, but I've never been that lucky. They do use couriers though rather than Royal Mail.

FWIW I buy all my Nintendo stuff through them.

Excellent :D That's really good stuff.

Sometimes, sometimes not. Hard to say whether this will be nintendo store exclusive or not.

I've put a preorder in anyway, can always cancel it later if someone has a better offer. It's a bit mean that I'm being forced into this extra stuff I don't even want to get a retail version though. >_>

Memory

I've ordered this as I am keen to try it. I've never played any other games in the series. Are they any good? Any first impressions of this one?

Your mileage may vary but i really enjoyed Project Zero 2 & 3 on PS2 back in the day. Turn down the lights to set the atmosphere then jump in to this creepy game.

I've been on a media blackout but from what little i read from importers its a solid addition to the franchise and the gamepad as the camera is implemented very well.

Ossom

Your mileage may vary but i really enjoyed Project Zero 2 & 3 on PS2 back in the day. Turn down the lights to set the atmosphere then jump in to this creepy game.

I've been on a media blackout but from what little i read from importers its a solid addition to the franchise and the gamepad as the camera is implemented very well.

Interesting I have been keen to play this, but at £50 it is a little more than I wanted to pay. However, it appears we don't have much choice. Lets see how it pans out over the next couple of months, but I doubt this will go much cheaper before release.

Porcile

It's probably £10-15 overpriced, but i'll pay the Nintendo tax if it means supporting it getting more games of this sort.

Been waiting for this to go up since announcement, thanks for the heads up =].
Now I just need that sweet Xenoblade Chronicles X LE to get put up.

Exact same over here!

I'm gonna keep an eye out on other online retailers to see if they will stock it too, and that at a cheaper price.

Demonfang

Banned
I dunno, I feel that this special edition will be 'limited', got my pre-order in just in case. Can always cancel. Wonder if it's Nintendo store exclusive.

XaosWolf

Thank you for the heads up! Will happily buy this to support the genre and series.

Don't really care for the extras, but I'll give them to my brother who's a big fan of the series. =)

It's the type of game which would usually sell for £30, and all the extra stuff certainly isn't worth another £20 on top of that.

By all means, show me some examples of this "type of game" at such a price.

Not for £50.

Taking the mick.

Last I checked, that's how much new games cost nowadays? Standard editions anyway. Limited/Special Editions for games I've seen normally go for £60-£75? Heck, Type-0 HD Special Edition cost like almost £80 and that was a port of a PSP game...

Please don't be Nintendo store exclusive. I won't bite for £50 mind. I'll probably just buy a standard physical copy of the game.

Please don't be Nintendo store exclusive. I won't bite for £50 mind. I'll probably just buy a standard physical copy of the game.

There is no standard physical copy AFAIK. Either this or digital version.

Will gladly pay the price if it comes to NA though.

Koren

Any news about availability elsewhere in Europe?

I missed Bayonetta LE, and I can live with it, but I really want Project Zero, and would really like to get the LE... :/

lewisgone

Ordered, but might cancel if previews aren't decent or it appears cheaper elsewhere. I am normally bad with horror games, they freak me out, but I feel like playing a game in a genre I haven't played to death recently and I want to support physical releases of games as much as I can. If this was eShop only I would likely have passed on it for a long time. Plus I'm a sucker for steelbooks.

Porcile

By all means, show me some examples of this "type of game" at such a price.

Last I checked, that's how much new games cost nowadays? Standard editions anyway. Limited/Special Editions for games I've seen normally go for £60-£75? Heck, Type-0 HD Special Edition cost like almost £80 and that was a port of a PSP game...

How about most Nintendo non-super AAA Wii U games? For example: Yoshi's Woolly World, Captain Toad, Kirby etc. They cost £30 for the standard editions on release day online.

I mean, I paid £25 for Project Zero 2 Wii edition at launch, from GAME none the less, so...

It's "limited" edition so they want you to pay premium to own it. And it is a game in niche genre and is published by Nintendo, so you can expect supply will be extremely limited. Probably 10 copies for UK.

It's "limited" edition so they want you to pay premium to own it. And it is a game in niche genre and is published by Nintendo, so you can expect supply will be extremely limited. Probably 10 copies for UK.

I know, but he was asking for examples of games at the ~£30 price, and there hardly seems a better example than the previous title in the series, right? At least, that made it over. I don't really know if I think the game will be anywhere near worth £50. But if I want a digital edition, I'd have to buy a hard drive, so either way this game will end up expensive.

Edited because after looking through my emails it was actually £29.99 not £25, but the point still stands.
edit againL: Urm , well it was either £23 or £30 (have two charges to game on the launch day of Project zero 2 wii edition...), and I can't tell which from my bank statements, and game unhelpfully isn't showing any of my orders since before 2014 anyway. Point is, it's £30 or less.

There is no standard physical copy AFAIK. Either this or digital version.

Will gladly pay the price if it comes to NA though.

There is no standard edition I believe or that is what I read in the announcement thread.

Edit: Beaten...

What nooooooooo. This sucks. I guess I won't get the game because I don't have any HDD space or a spare external kicking around. I was hoping for a nice evening just playing this on Halloween.
I might have to go outside now.

Porcile

I paid £45 in total for Splatoon, an Amiibo and a t-shirt on release day from this exact same online store. I'm pretty sure that makes the value of Splatoon £30. I would say that whole deal constitutes better value for money than this package. I don't mind paying the Nintendo tax, but I can't really say this offers good value for money or is line with their more recent pricing. Devil's Third seems to be more expensive as well.

I know, but he was asking for examples of games at the ~£30 price, and there hardly seems a better example than the previous title in the series, right? At least, that made it over. I don't really know if I think the game will be anywhere near worth £50. But if I want a digital edition, I'd have to buy a hard drive, so either way this game will end up expensive.

Edited because after looking through my emails it was actually £29.99 not £25, but the point still stands.
edit againL: Urm , well it was either £23 or £30 (have two charges to game on the launch day of Project zero 2 wii edition...), and I can't tell which from my bank statements, and game unhelpfully isn't showing any of my orders since before 2014 anyway. Point is, it's £30 or less.

For a standard edition, yeah. This is a "special edition" with supplementary goodies aimed at the fans.

Gradon

Sold out already holy crap, I'm so annoyed that I didn't get a pre-order in....
Oh gosh, I'm worried now that this is the UK's only stock and their answer to more will be buy a download on the eShop...

I seriously hope they restock them or get them in other stores... Considering they've said it's Limited Edition only release.

Top Bottom