• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.
crimsonspider89 said:
What? It's the truth. Complaining about it won't accomplish anything until we learn about the game and then only complain about to those involved in the game process. Complaining about the changes made to a character that you main does nothing.

It really doesn't.
No, it's She Hulk. The words mutilated and marvel character don't go together lol.

Edit: It is 10:30PM and $8.95 is an awesome new meme.

Dahbomb

If Vergil was Roll/joke tier I would still play him and I would even play Phoenix on my team just to make him look viable and have a use on a team (just by killing Vergil he would be an asset to the team).

At least this is 3 on 3, the shit you have to deal with in 1 v 1 fighters when it's 9 to 1 match ups.

Frantic

SolarPowered said:
Ya'll need to take Sanford's advice and just pick a top tier already. Fuck the character loyalty and dive headfirst into the bliss of God tier shenanigans.

I'm totally srs right now, guys.
I'm already knee deep in the top tier. Dante is like my best/second best character, and my Wesker, Zero and Viper are all above average.
My Viper is only above average cuz no one plays her, though. I'm ass with her otherwise, lol.

Ashkeloth

Karsticles said:
Anyone who thinks Morrigan will have problems getting in because of the air dash nerf doesn't understand Morrigan. This is the normal sequence of events for getting in with her:

1) Jump.
2) Soul Fist L.
3) Fly-cancel.
4) Air dash behind Soul Fist.
5) j.S or j.H as appropriate.

[snip]

I wish the world was like this, and people actually thought about stuff before charging in, but in my experience, 75% of the Morrigan players (which is unarguably few, but still a majority) I have fought like to airdash straight hitting S hoping for some sort of ambiguity, until they manage to break my defense, or I kill them.

You know what? Maybe these nerfs are good after all. Anything that makes certain characters less braindead is a plus in my mind.

oroboros

Can't wait.

b6654fabbbb821968e9ca2ba6173d882.jpg

47a693baac2b8a2a0019221f5bf402fd.jpg

PhoenixWright_2P_13564_640screen.jpg

Dahbomb said:
If Vergil was Roll/joke tier I would still play him and I would even play Phoenix on my team just to make him look viable and have a use on a team (just by killing Vergil he would be an asset to the team).

At least this is 3 on 3, the shit you have to deal with in 1 v 1 fighters when it's 9 to 1 match ups.
What game has a 9-1 matchup!? Not even Tager had it that bad against the robo loli pair. There are definitely some 9-1 matchups in Mahvel 3 though.
Dartastic said:
WHERE IS THE IPW STREAM
Did you pay the $8.95?

IPW HURRY UPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Want to see somebody troll people with Rocket.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
viewtiful_dru said:
damn, I must be the biggest douchebag for not liking the nerfs to Dante

I don't like the Dante nerfs. I think they're excessive. I think he needed a nerf to Hammer, obviously, changes to hitboxes, and needed a nerf to either meter gain or damage... not both. The pushback on his normals is senseless, and the double nerf to Beehive reeks.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Karsticles said:
Anyone who thinks Morrigan will have problems getting in because of the air dash nerf doesn't understand Morrigan.
Pfffffft.

Have fun trying to catch anyone when you're adding in that much extra work to constantly shield yourself with a meager 5-durability projectile.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
i1N3lS7pEe8by.png

The tags for costumes go as follows: [N] for new costumes, [R] for returning costumes and for updated costumes from MvC3.

iKkbYYHkZPjlK.png

Captain America

Deadpool
Doctor Doom
Doctor Strange
Dormammu
Ghost Rider
Hawkeye
Hulk
Iron Fist
Iron Man
Magneto

M.O.D.O.K.
Nova
Phoenix

Rocket Raccoon
Sentinel
She-Hulk

Shuma-Gorath
Spider-Man

Storm
Super-Skrull

Taskmaster
Thor
Wolverine
X-23

iDUyXXHLeYhEv.png

Akuma
Amaterasu
Arthur
Chris Redfield
Chun-Li
Crimson Viper
Dante
Felicia
Firebrand
Frank West
Haggar

Hsien-Ko
Jill Valentine
Morrigan Aensland
Nathan Spencer
Nemesis T-Type
Phoenix Wright
Ryu
Strider Hiryu
Trish
Tron Bonne

Vergil
Viewtiful Joe
Wesker
Zero

Dahbomb

Less braindead guarantees less tournament play, less data collection and more shafting for the next edition. It's a vicious cycle.

Iron Man was pretty much fine in vanilla MVC3. He needed to be fine tuned a bit but instead he got an unnecessary overhaul because SOME commentators stated on steam that he is low tier garbage character. I see him in the same boat as Morrigan, he requires way too much for the same stuff. Why do I have to first go into flight cancel, use Smart bombs and then dash in to cover my approach while spacing with j.H's when someone like Wolverine does QCB + Button and he's in or a dive kick. Sure he can't block when he does it.... but neither can Iron Man.

If something is going to be execution heavy then the reward should be just as good. That's all I am saying here.

Still have to decide upon a team with Frank (probably alongside with Viper), so I'll see who's gonna be on that team. I might actually switch Skrull over to it to go with an all-purple one. But for now...

Team Cosmic:
Ju9Vc.jpg

UNGHz.jpg

2p0el.jpg

Team Veggies:
RfM9x.jpg

QEQv1.jpg

BjPSl.jpg

Azure J

8 characters I want to see, 9 minutes late, 5 or so days urley. Let's go.

Edit: Sixfortyfive talking about Morrigan like that is like soul crushing. He is GAF's resident Morrigan. :lol

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Sixfortyfive said:
Pfffffft.

Have fun trying to catch anyone when you're adding in that much extra work to constantly shield yourself with a meager 5-durability projectile.

I really wish Morrigan had a ground dash...

Grecco said:
I love it how the 8.95 meme is still going strong

I don't know why. Every time I see it, a smile jerks the corners of my lips.

smurfx said:
oh no rocket doesn't have a suit to go with taskmasters black knight look.

Go with the camo style.

Also, the lack of a bright green classic style leads me to believe that that's gonna be his DLC costume.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Dahbomb said:
Less braindead guarantees less tournament play, less data collection and more shafting for the next edition. It's a vicious cycle.

Iron Man was pretty much fine in vanilla MVC3. He needed to be fine tuned a bit but instead he got an unnecessary overhaul because SOME commentators stated on steam that he is low tier garbage character. I see him in the same boat as Morrigan, he requires way too much for the same stuff. Why do I have to first go into flight cancel, use Smart bombs and then dash in to cover my approach while spacing with j.H's when someone like Wolverine does QCB + Button and he's in or a dive kick. Sure he can't block when he does it.... but neither can Iron Man.

If something is going to be execution heavy then the reward should be just as good. That's all I am saying here.

Lets make Web Swing a reverse srk and Task's a command normal! This makes sense

HK-47 said:
Lets make Web Swing a reverse srk and Task's a command normal! This makes sense

Taskmaster's Web Swing is nowhere near as good as Spidey's though, and heavily punishable. Spidey's web swings iirc also always have been reverse SRKs in the prequels.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
A NEW EVENT IS AVAILABLE! (kinda)

Just to remind you guys, you can pick up UMvC3 for $35 at The Next Level and chill with other GAFers before launch! Kudos to El Sloth for the heads up.

El Sloth said:
Heads up to all NYC, LI, and NJ Gaffers:

https://www.facebook.com/NextLevelArcade

Next Level is going to be selling UMvC3 for $35. They're saying to pre-order now before they run out of copies.

I'm not planning on getting the game myself (I'll let my friends do the dirty work), but I think it would be pretty cool to setup a GAF meetup at Next Level on release day. I'm sure they'll already have the game running on more than a couple of their TV setups too. If not not we can always give Vanilla the send off it deserves!

They confirmed on their Facebook that they will have UMvC3 running on all their TV setups!

This has also been added to OP alongside a link to the Make Your Team! post in case anyone wants to use it in the future.

Dartastic

Don't display that green Firebrand ever again. It makes me cry that there's no real Green Goblin in this game. Or even any other Spider-Man villains. =(

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Becquerel said:
Taskmaster's Web Swing is nowhere near as good as Spidey's though, and heavily punishable. Spidey's web swings iirc also always have been reverse SRKs in the prequels.

Tell that to everyone who tries to airthrow Combofiend's Tasky and gets airthrown instead... into full unscaled Hyper damage. They have different utilities, but Taskmaster's Web Swing is really fucking good... with assists, as it's meant to be used.

Dahbomb

5d1te.jpg

GQ8LI.jpg

vUuVd.jpg

Before yesterday this was my team but I am contemplating replacing Iron Man from my main team (he will be moved to a secondary team). My main team would require a top assist now and this will require a ton of lab time. For now this is my main team until it's battle proven/unproven.

Make Your Team is ready? Booya, thanks enzo! My fellow...Canadian?

PJafI.jpg

On point! Rimoukon! With her amazing Japanese voice, of course.

TfDk9.jpg

With Hsien-Ko's Rimoukon set, Phoenix Wright can get to work. English voice for him, because the Japanese one is horrible.

snJw8.jpg

The anchor!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom