• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
SephirothRK said:
I wanted to see some Vergil's combos but Justin Wong won't let you :(
Wong is like me when I played my friends in GG. Hey we want to try out some stuff!!! Uh sure! *locks down with ky oki mix ups* *gets evil looks*

Also, Iron Fist's double palm strike rekka cancelled out a projectile in the match. So probably has a projectile hitbox around the shockwave like Yun/Yang's palm strike does.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
Justin Wong hadn't played Ultimate before, correct? If so, he sure picked up Iron Fist fast. Also, I had thought Phoenix Wright's level 3 was full screen and unstoppable, but it missed somehow in that video.

A Human Becoming said:
Justin Wong hadn't played Ultimate before, correct? If so, he sure picked up Iron Fist fast. Also, I had thought Phoenix Wright's level 3 was full screen and unstoppable, but it missed somehow in that video.
It's blockable

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
"can compete with his st. MP"

makotomp.gif

shaowebb

A Human Becoming said:

I have a feeling most She-Hulk players will pick up his strategy pretty quickly since I remember seeing Justin playing her a lot using a heavy ground dash game and lots of baiting out opponents with her. Same tactics will work well with Iron Fist. Dash up and back a lot and try to scout punishable habits in your opposition. Use your speed and damage to punish with the character and be patient. Looks to me like he's doing a ton of QCF stuff and not a lot of QCB, but I may remember the inputs wrong. He may be doing this well by simply guessing and saying "hell with it. I'll QCF every input of a magic series and see how much can link with these rekkas on this guy."

Works pretty well actually.

zlatko

Banned
Just wondering what your guys' take on possibly setting an extra button to all 3 punches at once on a TE stick, then setting that button to Turbo so you don't have to mash the hypers in this game.

I think I'll end up doing it honestly. :/

Bizazedo

Parallax Scroll said:
whoa, i just made a new team :eek:

zero (shippuga) / wesker (gun) / doom (beam)

this team kicks ass and is gonna totally still work in ultimate :eek:
That team will do pretty well, but you might have trouble breaking 800-850k damage without 3 meters :(.

Might top out around 800 depending on how bad Zero combos got screwed.

Bizazedo said:
That team will do pretty well, but you might have trouble breaking 800-850k damage without 3 meters :(.

Might top out around 800 depending on how bad Zero combos got screwed.
Well whatever. I just want to practice with characters this week that will carry over into ultimate. I like that Zero's totally expendable. I can just try and do as much damage as possible with Zero, benefiting from both assists. When Zero dies, I've got Wesker/Doom.

Bizazedo

Parallax Scroll said:
Well whatever. I just want to practice with characters this week that will carry over into ultimate. I like that Zero's totally expendable. I can just try and do as much damage as possible with Zero, benefiting from both assists. When Zero dies, I've got Wesker/Doom.
Oh, I'm not mocking it :). I think it'll be effective for you since every one of those characters are powerful. I just blurted the first thing that came to my head since I've been pondering how important ToD's are.

I actually use two variations of it (Zero / Hulk / Wesker and Zero / Skrull / Doom).

Second one I picked up for the same reason as you, to play with til Ultimate.

Also, one of the reasons for the domination with Rand was people RUSHING. When Max dominated Fist, it was zoning with Rider.

Stttttaaaaayyyyyyyyy as faraway as possible from the man with the fists made out of Iron.

Olaf's a good player, but I really don't think he understands the concepts of Firebrand, stating that his range or damage output is bad and such, he didn't seem to grasp what the character is all about.

Bizazedo said:
Oh, I'm not mocking it :). I think it'll be effective for you since every one of those characters are powerful. I just blurted the first thing that came to my head since I've been pondering how important ToD's are.

I actually use two variations of it (Zero / Hulk / Wesker and Zero / Skrull / Doom).

Second one I picked up for the same reason as you, to play with til Ultimate.
Right now, TOD's are less important to me than having stuff I can hit really easily and consistently. I need to work on some aspects of my game besides combos (mixups, mobility, space control, etc), so I'd like to have some derp-easy combos I can use while I work on that. And I'm tired of playing Wolverine/Akuma.

Considering I already have a lot of experience with Zero, this team's got some damn easy stuff for me to work with.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
PSH I'll rush iron fist down as much as i want.... from behind the safety of a fireball(trail of fire) and log LOL Or you know maybe just from the air cause you know his options suck on that.

Red Arremer said:
Olaf's a good player, but I really don't think he understands the concepts of Firebrand, stating that his range or damage output is bad and such, he didn't seem to grasp what the character is all about.

It's obvious that Firebrand's normals don't have a lot of range and that will be one of his biggest issue. He will need to abuse his mobility to the max to make up for his limited range. Damage output will depend on what combos Firebrand can do but I think it should be clear that Firebrand is anything but Wolverine with wings and anyone picking him up can't expect an easy ride.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
scytheavatar said:
It's obvious that Firebrand's normals don't have a lot of range and that will be one of his biggest issue. Damage output will depend on what combos Firebrand can do but I think it should be clear that Firebrand is anything but Wolverine with wings and anyone picking him up can't expect an easy ride.
Range doesn't really matter when you are one of the fastest characters in the game. With stupid set up options and mobility. As long as firebrand can do 600k combos he should be fine, it's already been stated from people that tested him out that he has a bunch of abusable reset options. You don't have to ToD to be good in marvel. If you got follow up set ups that can kill after, that are hard to do anything about, it's just as good.

scytheavatar said:
It's obvious that Firebrand's normals don't have a lot of range and that will be one of his biggest issue. He will need to abuse his mobility to the max to make up for his limited range. Damage output will depend on what combos Firebrand can do but I think it should be clear that Firebrand is anything but Wolverine with wings and anyone picking him up can't expect an easy ride.

Firebrand's not about getting in and doing a shitload of damage (though it's pretty sure he has good reset options), and he's obviously not supposed to be Wolverine with wings. He's supposed to be a hybrid between keepaway (fireballs, flying) and mixups/opening up. Also, divekick.
There's a few characters that don't have a lot of range and still ended up being really good or godlike characters (Viper comes to mind).

Which is why I said Olaf doesn't understand the concept of Firebrand.

Oh my God I want to watch Max' video so bad lol. I kinda got stuck working on that numerical tier list in the hopes that I might have something fullproof before Vanilla drops. It is quite literally almost perfect(I know there are always a couple of things) with the exception of Spider Man. It just feels weird to have a fighter with no solid tier list to look at and I don't think that SRK did a real good job of providing that definitive list.

whoo boy

@SolarPowered:
That there's no definitive tier list proves that Niitsuma's team did a good work balancing the game.
Everyone agrees on the best characters, and the worst characters, but all guys in between are pretty much ambiguous.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Psh I refuse to acknowledge that shuma is one of the worst characters with some of the stupid ass shit he can do. Like I said if I can make some tourney guys that seen tons of shit already go HOLY SHIT WTF WAS THAT. Then the character cant be total ass :p
lol skisonic and friends

QisTopTier said:
Psh I refuse to acknowledge that shuma is one of the worst characters with some of the stupid ass shit he can do. Like I said if I can make some tourney guys that seen tons of shit already go HOLY SHIT WTF WAS THAT. Then the character cant be total ass :p
lol skisonic and friends

Some of that is character novelty, some of it is Shuma being generally a weird character. People pulled off a lot of mindblowing shit with characters like Cap or Hsien-Ko, but those are just so rarely seen that everything about them is that, haha.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Red Arremer said:
Some of that is character novelty, some of it is Shuma being generally a weird character. People pulled off a lot of mindblowing shit with characters like Cap or Hsien-Ko, but those are just so rarely seen that everything about them is that, haha.
Nah it was TAC glitches, hit's that cross up mid combo due to a split second delay in press and combos into resets that kill off one mistake, instant overhead stuff and blah blah blah.

Also Mystic ray abuse, and the guy next to me wanting to punch me for it.

Honestly, I always felt Shuma had that MODOK status, where noone knows WTF to do with that character. He just overall didn't seem as good as MODOK.

He was at the very least a good assist character.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Red Arremer said:
Honestly, I always felt Shuma had that MODOK status, where noone knows WTF to do with that character. He just overall didn't seem as good as MODOK.

He was at the very least a good assist character.
Modok is stupid with a low hitting assist and by stupid I mean SLDFJAS;FDJAS;FJSFJS FUCK

Shuma has similar things he can do. He doesn't even have to really time it either, but it's not as potent

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Red Arremer said:
Note to self: Learn MODOK to annoy the fuck out of Q should we ever play.
Sephiroth already does that. Oh and getting your controls reversed by modok makes you feel like a freaking retard imputing commands backwards. I should just hold my controller upside down and block til it's over LOL

QisTopTier said:
Sephiroth already does that. Oh and getting your controls reversed by modok makes you feel like a freaking retard imputing commands backwards. I should just hold my controller upside down and block til it's over LOL

omg so that's how it is. That's pretty smart. I feel sorry for stick players.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
SephirothRK said:
omg so that's how it is. That's pretty smart. I feel sorry for stick players.
:p ID FUCKING SPIN DAT STICK AROUND LIKE A BOSS IF IT WAS ME

No really I would XD

And no I won't continue fuck M.O.D.O.K stupid ass underused top tier :(

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Professor Beef said:
You know what? Every single character should get some form of Megaman alt. If not a full costume, then just a part of his many outfits.

Make it happen, Capcom!
FeliciaMegaMan.gif

QisTopTier said:
:p ID FUCKING SPIN DAT STICK AROUND LIKE A BOSS IF IT WAS ME

No really I would XD

And no I won't continue fuck M.O.D.O.K stupid ass underused top tier :(

Need top/pro players playing MODOK making use of the Jamming bomb but the thing is players like MarlinPie plays MODOK for fun and uses cube combos for massive damage which is you need the right assist(not necessary a good thing if the character sucks on point.) Once MODOK dies then it's all done. That's why I have character like Dante, Wesker for assist and back up. Both of them has assist that can combo into Jamming bomb but not extended cube combo. Though after Jamming bomb reset combo I could build some more cubes for big damage.

I would like to see top players turning their stick around lol. I tried turning the stick around while playing one of the expert challenges from KOF 2k2 UM where you're stick controls are reversed. I haven't complete it yet.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
SephirothRK said:
Need top/pro players playing MODOK making use of the Jamming bomb but the thing is players like MarlinPie plays MODOK for fun and uses cube combos for massive damage which is you need the right assist(not necessary a good thing if the character sucks on point.) Once MODOK dies then it's all done. That's why I have character like Dante, Wesker for assist and back up. Both of them has assist that can combo into Jamming bomb but not extended cube combo. Though after Jamming bomb reset combo I could build some more cubes for big damage.

I would like to see top players turning their stick around lol. I tried turning the stick around while playing one of the expert challenges from KOF 2k2 UM where you're stick controls are reversed. I haven't complete it yet.
Yeah going for damage right away with modok seems like the wrong thing to do. But that's what I've seen pretty much everyone but you do that I've played or watched D:

Red Arremer said:
@SolarPowered:
That there's no definitive tier list proves that Niitsuma's team did a good work balancing the game.
Everyone agrees on the best characters, and the worst characters, but all guys in between are pretty much ambiguous.
lolno

Also, it is perfect in my eyes. IT IS DONE. I may post it on SRK down the road...

Now I can watch the video! (o^_^o)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom