• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaowebb

SephirothRK said:
Need top/pro players playing MODOK making use of the Jamming bomb but the thing is players like MarlinPie plays MODOK for fun and uses cube combos for massive damage which is you need the right assist(not necessary a good thing if the character sucks on point.) Once MODOK dies then it's all done. That's why I have character like Dante, Wesker for assist and back up. Both of them has assist that can combo into Jamming bomb but not extended cube combo. Though after Jamming bomb reset combo I could build some more cubes for big damage.

I would like to see top players turning their stick around lol. I tried turning the stick around while playing one of the expert challenges from KOF 2k2 UM where you're stick controls are reversed. I haven't complete it yet.

Wow. Someone who gets jamming bomb. I love that move the most out of MODOK's stuff. Even as an assist its annoying as hell and mindfucks players pretty badly. Plus if your popping it out between blasters and cubes at random intervals it screws over folks trying to get in pretty harshly and lets you catch them into his shenanigans. I really enjoy the character and early on tried really hard to come up with blue jamming bomb combos just to screw over folks. I'm not the best but understanding what MODOK is capable of in a match is an achievement in and of itself for this game.

Hurray for having someone here who seems to have stuck to him. I only recently touched him again the other day to run a troll team with storm and sent.Frankly he'd probably do better with storm and spencer though.

Mit-

A Human Becoming said:
Yeah, I didn't realize that before. Definitely can't do it outside a combo since it does no chip damage.
Erm no. I believe it is FRAME 0. That means if you are doing ANYTHING OTHER THAN BLOCKING and Phoenix triggers it, you're getting hit. Even if you're standing there a fullscreen away. If you weren't holding back you get hit. This is how most Level 3 grab hypers work in the game. If you aren't jumping or out of range of the grab, you're getting grabbed once it's triggered.

I am not 100% sure on this but I'm pretty sure... I am positive it's faster than Gravity Squeeze though, which is really damn fast and used for the same purpose a lot in vanilla (if your opponent touches a button [Phoenix fireball]: Gravity Squeeze).

zlatko

Banned
Gr1mLock said:
Strider Vergil Dante. Team sword. suck it.

Don't make me get drunk, take pictures of you in awkward positions, before I paddlesaw slap you silly. If you even think about jumping or teleporting above me I shall dunce hat your ass and tackle you around.

Frank "Swagger" West. Come at me bro.

Dahbomb

Yeah just like I thought, Iron Fist can negate advancing guard really easily by just doing dash +H, QCF+L. The relentless Justin Wong pressure with IF was too much to handle for characters like Vergil and Ghost Rider with slow normals. Also every time Vergil was touched he died or had to tag out lol.

And that's not IF's st.M it's his st.H. That thing is just insane, move him forward and has a big hit box. I really couldn't understand anything in the background, I wanted to hear all the Max UMVC3 tech.

That strider assist might actually be a good idea to use against phoenix it seem like it locks on to where ever they are.
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

One of the best assists of the newer cast easily. Call that shit the day he was revealed.

Dahbomb

Word is apparently out on Dark Vergil rising...

LOL... at this rate people are going to figure out Firebrand in no less than 5 months.

sephi22

So they changed Thor's ending... a bit.

Old:
LyAu2.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDG5eR-o6ho

New:
M0NLN.jpg

17505.jpg

DV1FC.jpg

omg
Mit- said:
Between MegaMan X being a Heroes & Heralds card (essentially a disconfirmation) and the Days of Future Past poster, and now this, I am fairly convinced Mega Man is going to be DLC for this game.
There are too many characters on the cards to assume that they are a real message on who will or will not get into the game.

Mit-

Between MegaMan X being a Heroes & Heralds card (essentially a disconfirmation) and the Days of Future Past poster, and now this, I am fairly convinced Mega Man is going to be DLC for this game.

Grecco

A Human Becoming said:
Justin Wong hadn't played Ultimate before, correct? If so, he sure picked up Iron Fist fast. Also, I had thought Phoenix Wright's level 3 was full screen and unstoppable, but it missed somehow in that video.

Capcom had an event in California that Justin and alot of players attended, he was using Iron Fist there too, this isnt the first time hes used Iron Fist.

QisTopTier said:
Nah it was TAC glitches, hit's that cross up mid combo due to a split second delay in press and combos into resets that kill off one mistake, instant overhead stuff and blah blah blah.

Also Mystic ray abuse, and the guy next to me wanting to punch me for it.
Teachnme the ways of Shuma Gorath.

I love the character, but goddamn if I didn't try for 2 months to try and get something out of him :(

max that video you posted is amazing. if you ever come to new orleans and need a place to crash or want a beer, i'd be more than happy to.

Mit- said:
He has to be if capcom wants to save themselves from the fans, I think its guaranteed he will be dlc imo.

IntelliHeath said:
What did he said? I missed something?
From his twitter

#UMvC3 really reminds me off super street fighter 4 in terms of balance. Fun fun fun

Plus he is saying Vergil is the best with Strider being number 2 and Ghost Rider being number 3, not sure if he means just from the new characters or from the whole cast.

Grecco

GhostRidah said:
From his twitter

Plus he is saying Vergil is the best with Strider being number 2 and Ghost Rider being number 3, not sure if he means just from the new characters or from the whole cast.

He meant from the new cast

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
GhostRidah said:
From his twitter

BALANCED JUST LIKE SSF4 = HYPE FULL THROTTLED!

JazzmanZ

sephi22 said:

I'd imagine aliens would be pretty fucking scared if they found a planet with giant engraving of Ryu, Megaman and Morrigan on them.

Of course that Capcom planet has nothing on EGO the living planet
ego-the-living-planet.jpg

Dahbomb

If this game has balance like SSF4 it's a dream come true. Seriously, I mean that game had it's tiers and stuff but it was a very solid balance job.

Vergil #1? So that basically means that after a month he won't be #1 if Justin said it. :D

DAT MM TROLL... LOVING IT!!!!

Also some more Justin quotes:
Vergil, Strider, Wesker might be one of the top teams for this game

Vergil is probably the best out of the new characters followed by Strider at 2nd and Ghost Rider 3rd IMO. All other characters have potential.

Zero and Vergil are amazing together

Also Frank West Shopping Cart assist is godlike according to JWong.

JWong confirms that Iron Fist has jump cancellable normals that will allow him to apply extra pressure.

Jwong also said that Nova reminds him of a better Iron Man with fly combos and resets being his best friends.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzGTHlunc-U <-- DARK VERGIL RISING! :D

V_Arnold

Hawkeye is AMAZING to play with and control.
It is love at first TOUCH - because by the videos, I did not even want to select him. Did anyway.

mr. puppy

Banned
two things i see from max's video:

1) Iron Fist is the new she hulk. Ground character that everyone thought was ass but isn't. Max mentions at one point that he classifies IF with Haggar/Tron for some reason, though maybe that wasn't it.

2) The hate on Firebrand does not make me happy. All they did was mention how ass he is.

Dahbomb

WTF Vergil can link multiple Dimension Slash hypers together?

Although I am 90% sure that is space/placement dependent. I know Wesker can do something like that too but it's really hard.

That 2nd combo was some DMC3SE up in this BITCH!

The 3rd combo is basically going to be where Vergil's depth is going to come in to play with the SS specific combos. It's a taste of what is to come especially since it's the Mission mode combo (probably Mission #10).

kirblar

GhostRidah said:
He has to be if capcom wants to save themselves from the fans, I think its guaranteed he will be dlc imo.
I think Jill and Shuma taught them an important lesson - DLC characters need to be "big guns" that will excite players enough to pick them up.

Dahbomb

Yeah that was a Round Trip combo and it came out much faster than I expected.

That is some BOSS shit!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MULTIPLE HELM BREAKERS IN A COMBO!!!! WHO TURNED ON DEVIL MAY CRY 3?????

GhostRidah said:
Here's my view of it: if they didn't put him in the original game, didn't make him DLC then, and didn't put him in Ultimate, I don't think he's still at the top of their list. If they wanted to include Mega Man, they would have done it by now.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Banana Kid said:
Here's my view of it: if they didn't put him in the original game, didn't make him DLC then, and didn't put him in Ultimate, I don't think he's still at the top of their list. If they wanted to include Mega Man, they would have done it by now.

Look at SSF4:AE. They gave people what they want. Yang and Yun..

So I hope to see UMVC3:AE or AMVC3 with impressive additions that would make us buy it even more! :p

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Dahbomb said:
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Since his Helm Breaker is a command normal, and not a standard S, I imagine it produces a kind of special knockdown property similar to what Hammer does.

Dahbomb said:
Yeah that was a Round Trip combo and it came out much faster than I expected.

That is some BOSS shit!

seriously amazing. I have to respect the love Neo_G and the rest of the dev team have for the series. The implementation of Dante & vergil is like a love letter to DMC fans.

You could have just as much fun experimenting with twins in training mode all day as you can have in the main game. I'm fucking hyped.

AzureJericho said:
Figures I go to sleep urley for once and Max drops the real shit a little afterward. :p

Yeah, same happened here XD

Speaking of sleep, I had a Mahvel dream today. The guide leaked or something and we were shown the DLC alts. Zero's really was X, but to try to justify the moveset somehow, they had him wearing his Blade Armor from X6. I don't like it, but I thought the Blade Armor thing was kinda cool *shrugs*

Yeah it was a lame Mahvel dream >_>

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
ThoughtsOfSpeaking said:
seriously amazing. I have to respect the love Neo_G and the rest of the dev team have for the series. The implementation of Dante & vergil is like a love letter to DMC fans.

You could have just as much fun experimenting with twins in training mode all day as you can have in the main game. I'm fucking hyped.

Well, he was part of the development team for DMC4. :)

GuardianE said:
Well, he was part of the development team for DMC4. :)

looks at a DmC video....

*shudders*

Yeah. Don't remind me. Him and his compatriots are sorely missed.

Slightly off topic, But Looking at the guys CV, its pretty amazing that he has never been given the chance to work on his own action game project. I would love to get my hands on a Neo_G directed action game.

Maybe he is one of those people who prefer to work under people rather than steer the ship. or maybe he just loves fighting games way too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom