• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Red Arremer said:
Thing is, J. Wong didn't say that, it was Olaf. I believe Max kinda agreed with him (or brought it up in the first place?), but it was definitely Olaf who was talking about Firebrand having low range and damage output, which is why I mentioned him not understanding the character.

James Chen was like "Really?!", and I think Justin looked abit surprised too, haha.

I can't believe that a character with so many options like Firebrand is going to be the worst out of this case, not even close.

Good point. I don't think Justin weighed in one way or another on Firebrand. It was just on Vergil, Strider, and Ghostrider through tweets.

Ummmmm..... Jwong when he said the Adon comment and the Dudley comment was during a non final build. Which according to everybody, Dudley was insane and Adon WAS ass.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Red Arremer said:
Thing is, J. Wong didn't say that, it was Olaf. I believe Max kinda agreed with him (or brought it up in the first place?), but it was definitely Olaf who was talking about Firebrand having low range and damage output, which is why I mentioned him not understanding the character.

James Chen was like "Really?!", and I think Justin looked abit surprised too, haha.

I can't believe that a character with so many options like Firebrand is going to be the worst out of this case, not even close.

I was not talking about Firebrand. I was talking about his twitters. Vergil and Strider; along with UMVC3 Balancing being similar to SSF4 Balance.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
sephi22 said:
(Potential blow up post incoming)

From my experience playing the game (which doesn't amount to much), I think Firebrand is better than Phoenix Wright, Iron Fist, Hawkeye and Strider. Yes, Strider. Come at me J. Wonggg.

I found it amusing that you said that with your rocket raccoon MW3 avatar.

sephi22 said:

From my experience playing the game (which doesn't amount to much), I think Firebrand is better than Phoenix Wright, Iron Fist, Hawkeye and Strider. Yes, Strider. Come at me J. Wonggg.

So, if that's true, than he is the best character. Because Iron Fist and Strider are beasts

I refuse to believe that my least favorite newcomers (Virgil, Nova, Nemesis) are the best of the best. I'll be so sad :(

Lucky Number Seven Force said:
A few places in NYC are selling now, about to go out and see if I can get one.
If you find it could you please share the info? Either here or PM is fine. Some folks are saying some shop in Jersey has it but man, I don't wanna go to Jersey.

sephi22

Well, atleast I can say this with confidence - all of the 12 new characters are unique, and are some of the strongest characters in this game, and all of the old cast is good, except for Hsien Ko, who is still shit.

All but one of us are satisfied, and all is right with the world.

Grecco

Gunstarheroes said:
So, if that's true, than he is the best character. Because Iron Fist and Strider are beasts

I refuse to believe that my least favorite newcomers (Virgil, Nova, Nemesis) are the best of the best. I'll be so sad :(

Nemesis wont be the best of the best. Like i hate theoryfighter but ill tell you that right now Gunstar.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
crimsonspider89 said:
Well you better be prepared cause Nova is going to end up being one of the best chars in the game.

Going to be so awesome.

Quite predictable if he is going to be one of the best characters.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
sephi22 said:
Well, atleast I can say this with confidence - all of the 12 new characters are unique, and are some of the strongest characters in this game, and all of the old cast is good, except for Hsien Ko, who is still shit.

All but one of us are satisfied, and all is right with the world.

I am thankful for SolarPowered carrying the weight of all our sins.

_dementia said:
Anyone trying to get it urley this weekend?

I have the ability to get it, but I'm not really sure I want the game.

I don't know if any places in Las Vegas selling it early. I was in SoCal for vanilla's release - and every other store over there seemingly sold it early, *sad face*

GuardianE said:
Good point. I don't think Justin weighed in one way or another on Firebrand. It was just on Vergil, Strider, and Ghostrider through tweets.

Yea. And in Max's video Justin didn't talk about the new characters a lot either. Though he did make Iron Fist look absolutely beastly, then again though, all the other people tried to accustom to the characters haha.

IntelliHeath said:
I was not talking about Firebrand. I was talking about his twitters. Vergil and Strider; along with UMVC3 Balancing being similar to SSF4 Balance.

Gotcha!

sephi22 said:
Red Aremmer, you feel like such a stranger to me. Its like I don't know you, and I don't like that.

I still love you sephi. :3c
And I absolutely agree with you, I think Firebrand is the BEST new character. COME AT ME OLAF!

Gunstarheroes said:

Prepare to see a SHITLOAD of Novas, though. Unless the read health mechanic cripples him terribly, which I don't really see, he's gonna be one of the most solid characters, and one of the most used new characters due to his comparable simplicity.

Caj814

Hey max
3U5TN.png

YWMqz.jpg

shaowebb

I'm happy what I suspected turned out to be true. That She-Hulk players would pick up Iron Fist for that big damage high pressure ground game. I'm betting many will convert permanently to Iron Fist given her crL and slide nerf. She-Hulk's still good, but she takes a bit more care to setup. Iron Fist has the same weaknesses she does, but his moves advance him really harshly at folks, and he has some really good options on his assists to choose from. Makes him more usable for teams outside of just OTG's which is about all we ever saw She-Hulk used for. Plus his hypers give people a lot more combo options.

I'm betting a lot of folks dump She-Hulk for Iron Fist and topping the list I hope to see Combofiend. I love Spencer play and those two characters would help each other sooooooo much.

sephi22 said:

I think that the worst character of the new cast after Phoenix Wright (who like it or not is just way too different to be tiered with the other characters) is probably Rocket Raccoon. A lot of people in Ultimate NorCal vs Capcom 2 was complaining that he's the new MODOK. I do think that he has a lot of elements of a low tier; low health, very low damage, can't build meter, no range in normals, looks very high execution and difficult to use for not very much reward.....

Iron Fist I think isn't going to be that bad, once people figure out how to use his Rekkas he's going to be dangerous against characters that can't zone him out all day. Hawkeye I think will be the better of the new cast, there just isn't enough characters with strong horizontal control and he fills that niche which will make him extremely valuable against guys like Trish, Chris and Ghost Rider who has no solution to horizontal zoning. Strider I am not a big fan of but even so I can't see him being that bad with the right team.

Grecco

Gunstarheroes said:
So, Team Glass Cannon:
Strider
Rocket Raccoon
Akuma

I wanna try that. I might change a character for Ammy depending on how they play.

Heh. One of my ideas was Strider/Racoon/Jean. REAL GLASS CANNONS

sephi22

scytheavatar said:
I think that the worst character of the new cast after Phoenix Wright (who like it or not is just way too different to be tiered with the other characters) is probably Rocket Raccoon. A lot of people in Ultimate NorCal vs Capcom 2 was complaining that he's the new MODOK. I do think that he has a lot of elements of a low tier; low health, very low damage, can't build meter, no range in normals, looks very high execution and difficult to use for not very much reward.....
I have no problem with people thinking that RR is low tier. I'm not saying that he is or isn't. I have a problem with people thinking that RR is low tier because he's like MODOK, and MODOK was low tier. Because MODOK wasn't low tier.

MODOK was a ToD character in Vanilla. He might not get ToD combos this time, because of the nerfed meter gain, but MODOK is and always was a threat.

MODOK's a sleeper high tier, like Viper was early in the game. People who know MODOK have been saying that since forever, just like people who know Viper, but it took players like MarinPie until Viper picked up. Unfortunately, no such player plays MODOK seriously.

Parallax Scroll said:
i meant data from star trek

rofldata.gif

sephi22

Red Arremer said:
MODOK's a sleeper high tier, like Viper was early in the game. People who know MODOK have been saying that since forever, just like people who know Viper, but it took players like MarinPie until Viper picked up. Unfortunately, no such player plays MODOK seriously.
Yup. Nos99 on SRK might be the best MODOK player in the world, since we don't have evidence of better MODOK play, and he doesn't frequent tournaments AFAIK.

sephi22

Ryu's ending is this game is bonkers. Its ridiculously awesome for a character who's so plain. You're going to love it. (Think Wolzerine)

Dahbomb

My mind is still blown by those Vergil combos. Isedelica delivering the early DMC technology right on the money!

Either Spiral Swords resets the ground bounce or the bounce from Starfall/Lunar Phase is different. Like when he finished with Lunar Phase in both the combos it kept them grounded even though the ground bounce of Starfall was used already and the knockdown was long enough for an OTG follow up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFlqImDGCw0&feature=player_embedded <-- Nemesis ending :D

DAT VERGIL ENDING!!! :O :O :O
(THE MURAMASA BLADE!!!!!)

V_Arnold

I feel like an ant not registering a T-Rex above his head.
I am trying some Vergil trials right now, and all I can say is that I am not sure if my brain is built for this :D

(But his moves are cool nevertheless) :D

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
If only they'd give the devs the budget to do full-blown Tekken style endings...

Dahbomb

V_Arnold said:
I feel like an ant not registering a T-Rex above his head.
I am trying some Vergil trials right now, and all I can say is that I am not sure if my brain is built for this :D

(But his moves are cool nevertheless) :D
I saw the Mission#10 for Vergil and it was legitimately some insane shit for a character who isn't supposed to be a combo heavy character.

I am crossing my fingers for Gene in Iron Fist's ending.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Nova ending prediction: him inducting some other characters in the Nova Corps.

JeTmAn81

The hardest Mission Mode combos in vanilla didn't even come close to matching what the tournament scene came up with, either...

Dahbomb

JeTmAn81 said:
The hardest Mission Mode combos in vanilla didn't even come close to matching what the tournament scene came up with, either...
True but there are some legitimately hard Mission mode combos. Joe's #10, Morrigan's #10, Iron Man #9, some of Ammy's etc. These gave me a lot of trouble along with a few others. I heard Jill's #10 is bonkers too.

The most under represented character in mission mode was Dante. Wolverine's Mission mode is basically the combo that is used in tournament play...

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Dahbomb said:
I saw the Mission#10 for Vergil and it was legitimately some insane shit for a character who isn't supposed to be a combo heavy character.

Vergil's not a combo heavy character? Even if he's not Dante, he still has more combo self-continuation tools than 90% of the cast.

Dahbomb said:

Dahbomb. Never have i hoped for you to be right more than at this moment. God my heart would flutter if this happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom