• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Gotta grind out my setups and combos in a live match. Been in training mode a lot recently, got stuff to test out in a real match. :p

Yeah but it looks like you're playing against a bunch of God's beards.

I'm taking most of the week off so I'll be playing some games.

God dammit Capcom. Put the boot feature in for lobbies.

Dahbomb

Already there! :p

I just wanna have an Events section people can refer to, to watch Majors they missed/want to go back to, etc.

If I've got this right, these are all the big events we've had so far:

Cross Counter Open (did we have a thread on this? Can't find it D:)
NEC XII (Major)
BarFights
SCR 2011 (Major)

Am I missing something?
The 3 SRK Showmatches. SoCal, NorCal and NY.

I just realized the 66/44 might be the definitive dashing methods.
Really? Explain this?

Frantic

Yeah but it looks like you're playing against a bunch of God's beards.
Ice cold, lol.

Honestly, though. I find scrubs the best players to test tech out on. They always find a way to mash out of my resets, and knowing what beats my setups is always good, lol.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Ice cold, lol.

Honestly, though. I find scrubs the best players to test tech out on. They always find a way to mash out of my resets, and knowing what beats my setups is always good, lol.

Looks like some top players are watching you play.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Ice cold, lol.

You're welcome :p

Aww, I got the herald color for Spencer and I don't even use him :/

Is there still a lobby? I have a sun goddess and a raccoon to retrain after too much KoF and Zelda.

shaowebb

Whoa...Justin' stopped practicing the combo he wanted for his team due to scaling and is now playing through cast.

Currently Justin Wong is practicing some ARTHUR O_O

Kimosabae

Banned
Explain your 44/66 epiphany sir!

Almost forgot.

For me, it just seems to be a matter keeping things more precise, execution-wise, in the fast-paced neutral game. I'd often have problems dashing and calling Assist 1, for example, on the Type B setup. Many times, when I'm fighting, say, Nova, I'd be looking to commit to an Air Dash, see that Nova's looking to Air Grab me, but unable to tech the throw because my fingers were hovering over L+M (Yeah, I know some Air Dash with M+H for this).

The more I can commit my movement using the stick, the less my fingers can get tied up on the face buttons when trying to improvise, basically. A good example is whenever I decide to Air Dash + ATK it's typically premeditated, and the Assist is called at a static moment (I press Assist 1/2 + L+M) but when Air Dashing with 66, I can be more more variable and improvisational with my Assist Calls.

Unfortunately, I can't seem to Instant Air Dash consistently using the directions at all. The Guilty Gear method 96, one would, think would more than suffice in a game with inputs this lenient, but when executed clean, it doesn't work at all, which is freaking bizarre.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
One button dash, son. This game is probably the most pad-friendly traditional fighter I've played.

Plink dashing is the "superior" dash method though, although I guess your post is more about ordinary air dashing in general and not about covering screen length quickly per se.

How on earth are people getting 100+ matches in H&H mode? I'm averaging a 5 minute wait between each fight.
In general, you shold be using Quick Match to find matches if you aren't doing so already. Matchmaking is stupid and will not pair someone searching for ANY rank with someone searching for SAME rank, even if the two players happen to be of the same rank. Quick Match ignores all search criteria on your side.

In vanilla, I would have never used Quick Match out of fear of being paired with someone on the other side of the planet, but in Ultimate you at least get to see their connection strength before committing.

LakeEarth

In general, you shold be using Quick Match to find matches if you aren't doing so already. Matchmaking is stupid and will not pair someone searching for ANY rank with someone searching for SAME rank, even if the two players happen to be of the same rank. Quick Match ignores all search criteria on your side.

In vanilla, I would have never used Quick Match out of fear of being paired with someone on the other side of the planet, but in Ultimate you at least get to see their connection strength before committing.

I dunno, for some reason quick match doesn't match me very fast in both ranked and H&H. I get paired really fast through arcade mode, but you can't do that for H&H. Might just be my area/internet.

Kimosabae

Banned
Starting to get Magnetic Blast Dashes down. I think Mags is the best Anchor in the game with this shit, bar Phoenix. Seriously, fuck an Assist.

Hmm... Jaguar Dash kinda sucks unless you have an assist that pushes people hella far on block, I can't Jaguar Kick + Triple Shot, cancel into Teleport H and be in range to hit them. The hitbox is really shitty, defying all expectations(got beat solid by ryu's M -_-), but it does do about 57,000 points of chip damage.

Download speccy and let me see the network portion of your specs. Maybe I can help.

On it.

edit:
Operating System
MS Windows XP Professional 32-bit SP3
CPU
Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 @ 3.00GHz 39 °C
Conroe 65nm Technology
RAM
4.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 432MHz (5-5-5-15)
Motherboard
DFI Inc. LP DK P35 (Socket 775) 29 °C
Graphics
Hanns.G HG281ï ñMŸ# ƒ (1920x1200@60Hz)
1024MB GeForce GTX 460 (EVGA) 42 °C
Hard Drives
313GB Hitachi Hitachi HDP725032GLA360 (SATA) 30 °C

Network
You are connected to the internet
Connected through Marvell Yukon 88E8053 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller - Packet Scheduler Miniport
IP Address 192.168.1.100
Subnet mask 255.255.255.0
Gateway server 192.168.1.1
Preferred DNS server 192.168.1.1
DHCP Enabled
DHCP server 192.168.1.1
External IP Address
Adapter Type Ethernet
NetBIOS over TCP/IP Enabled via DHCP
NETBIOS Node Type Unknown node type
Link Speed 0 kbps
Computer Name
NetBIOS Name
DNS Name
Domain Name
Remote Desktop
Console
State Active
Domain
WinInet Info
LAN Connection
Local system uses a local area network to connect to the Internet
Local system has RAS to connect to the Internet
Wi-Fi Info
Wi-Fi not enabled
WinHTTPInfo
WinHTTPSessionProxyType No proxy
Session Proxy
Session Proxy Bypass
Connect Retries 5
Connect Timeout 60000
HTTP Version HTTP 1.1
Max Connects Per 1.0 Servers INFINITE
Max Connects Per Servers INFINITE
Max HTTP automatic redirects 10
Max HTTP status continue 10
Send Timeout 30000
IEProxy Auto Detect No
IEProxy Auto Config
IEProxy
IEProxy Bypass
Default Proxy Config Access Type No proxy
Default Config Proxy
Default Config Proxy Bypass
Adapters List
Marvell Yukon 88E8053 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller - Packet Scheduler Miniport
IP Address 192.168.1.100
Subnet mask 255.255.255.0
Gateway server 192.168.1.1
Network Shares
No network shares
Current TCP Connections
C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exe (416)
C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NVIDIA Updatus\daemonu.exe (556)
C:\Program Files\Opera 11.00 beta\opera.exe (5036)
C:\WINDOWS\System32\alg.exe (2788)
System Process
System Process
svchost.exe (1032)

I don't know what any of this means -_-

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Almost forgot.

For me, it just seems to be a matter keeping things more precise, execution-wise, in the fast-paced neutral game. I'd often have problems dashing and calling Assist 1, for example, on the Type B setup. Many times, when I'm fighting, say, Nova, I'd be looking to commit to an Air Dash, see that Nova's looking to Air Grab me, but unable to tech the throw because my fingers were hovering over L+M (Yeah, I know some Air Dash with M+H for this).

The more I can commit my movement using the stick, the less my fingers can get tied up on the face buttons when trying to improvise, basically. A good example is whenever I decide to Air Dash + ATK it's typically premeditated, and the Assist is called at a static moment (I press Assist 1/2 + L+M) but when Air Dashing with 66, I can be more more variable and improvisational with my Assist Calls.

Unfortunately, I can't seem to Instant Air Dash consistently using the directions at all. The Guilty Gear method 96, one would, think would more than suffice in a game with inputs this lenient, but when executed clean, it doesn't work at all, which is freaking bizarre.

Oh it's a stick issue. I'm surprised you play on stick, since you are also a Melee player.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
From the looks of it, doesn't appear anything is wrong with your network settings. PC is pretty outdated but that has nothing to do with your ability to play console games online. I would update my motherboard drivers because most likely you never do. And make sure there isn't anything running that is using up your internet. There are tons of things you can disable in task manager. I have to do it all the time myself.

Ok, maybe Jaguar Dash isn't that bad. With an assist, I can get over 100k points of chip damage, and if I time it just right, I can connect with jS into combo after the teleport. I'm actually not sure which side the assist hits since I teleport at basically the same time, so that's a good sign. Still something I'd only throw out against someone good at fighting Wesker to confuse them maybe once per game.

From the looks of it, doesn't appear anything is wrong with your network settings. PC is pretty outdated but that has nothing to do with your ability to play console games online. I would update my motherboard drivers because most likely you never do. And make sure there isn't anything running that is using up your internet. There are tons of things you can disable in task manager. I have to do it all the time myself.

I'll try, but it's bad for everyone else in the house, too. We get random disconnects on our computers and we have to reset the modem a lot. I tried installing a new router but I couldn't get it to work. I'll try again later, though. Maybe I missed something.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
If your modem needs resetting itself a lot, it is a DNS server issue. Get that worked out with your ISP. Ask them to give you a new router when it comes down to it. And having a bunch of connections to it is definitely going to make things harder for you.

If your modem needs resetting itself a lot, it is a DNS server issue. Get that worked out with your ISP. Ask them to give you a new router when it comes down to it. And having a bunch of connections to it is definitely going to make things harder for you.

Ok, I'll see what I can do. Anyway I'm trying to get new drivers like you said, but my computer says I have a G33/G31/P35 chipset and they're all different things on the driver website. Speccy says it's a P35 but there's no graphics driver for that one.

What's happens to him?

Threatened to stab someone and flashed a knife apparently?

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
You'd probably want to know the full specs of your motherboard to determine what you would need. Manufacturer, date, model, revision, etc.

If anything, you can try a driver scan program.

I want to play against Max in AE. I know back in vanilla you had the best GAF Ken. Eva has surpassed you then and I want to see how you stack up against him since I've played against him many times.

Frantic

I play this game too much. God damn.

GGs to all in the lobby, though. Slowly learning how to deal with Zero as Dante properly thanks to Biz. Still have a lot of stuff that I can incorporate into my game plan that can give Zero some trouble. Just need to remember to use it, lol.

Starting to get Magnetic Blast Dashes down. I think Mags is the best Anchor in the game with this shit, bar Phoenix. Seriously, fuck an Assist.
Agreed, a great Mags can take out an entire team without even using his level 3 X-Factor. Not to mention his awesome assist. No one ever used him in the back though because he was usually on Phoenix teams and just built a complete fuck-ton of meter. Now that Phoenix has been nerfed, Magneto gets to really shine on his own while in the back.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy

Mags has a ridiculous amount of bullshit that people aren't doing (me included, but that's because I'm terrible...).

I didn't even realize that Magnetic Blasts eat beams for breakfast, until champs stream and it happened to me earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom