• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT3| To infinites... and beyond!

Dahbomb

I want someone to calculate his new bnb damage with those scaling changes. Any volunteers?
It would still be shit because his base damage is low. He starts out small and ends small. His scaling increase does not even come close to covering the 20% health increase.

Scaling for Strider would've started to matter if normals were 10% or above minimum and specials were at 20%. That's where his damage would start to hurt and even then it would not be in TOD territory.

Only way to calculate his damage would be off a throw. Someone can give me a Strider combo off a throw and I can calculate it to show people the difference.

Frantic

It would still be shit because his base damage is low. He starts out small and ends small. His scaling increase does not even come close to covering the 20% health increase.

Scaling for Strider would've started to matter if normals were 10% or above minimum and specials were at 20%. That's where his damage would start to hurt and even then it would not be in TOD territory.

Only way to calculate his damage would be off a throw. Someone can give me a Strider meterless combo off a throw and I can calculate it to show people the difference.
His base damage isn't that low. The problem is that shit is often very specific, and Legion is terrible.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Put this in patch note form. Paragraphs are for explanations, not suggestions.

* Talon Attack cancels into Falling Claw
* Slight Hitstun increase on normals (not sure about the frames)
* Some invincibility frames midway through Mirage Feint M
* Untechable time after air and ground throws increased
* Ankle Slice start up time reduced to 35 frames.
* Neck Slice less punishable on block

No clue on the frames though as I don't know the exact original frame data.

Killa Sasa weigh in on this if you're here.

This SRK thread has some ideas, but combining all those suggestions is overkill.

http://forums.shoryuken.com/discuss...e-at-capcom-you-think-we-will-get-more-health

Dahbomb

It's not THAT low but compared to most of the cast is still in the low side. The scaling definitely does not do him any favors. Most of those combos you showed me would still do the same damage because they aren't that long and they mostly seem to end before max scaling seems to have kicked in.

You would only get a good feel about the scaling when you do a combo off a throw. That's where scaling really shows its true colors.

X-23

+ Talon Attack L ground bounce on airborne foe
+ Talon Attack M wall bounce on opponent
- Remove stagger on Ankle slice, Frame Advantage on hit and block reduced
- Remove stagger on Neck slice, Frame Advantage on hit and block reduced
+ Grounded specials are all cancellable by Mirage Feint
+ Ankle Slice OTGs even without charging
- Ankle Slice does not hit low

Akuma

+S during demon flip grabs opponent

TheWriter

Bought this game, love it so far. Morrigan, Felicia, Hsien-Ko/X-23 are very fun. I feel like I missed out on the Darkstalker franchise.
Anyway, off to train my favorite succubus.

Dahbomb

Right now I see these things as X-23's main problems:

*Problem confirming combos from SJ height (note that we sort of fixed this issue for Jill and IF)
*Throw game is lacking (not enough time to follow up)
*Her OTG is slow as hell
*The Mirage Feint into Talon cross up is tough to execute (tight timing) despite being a great but underused tool for her

- Remove stagger on Ankle slice, Frame Advantage on hit and block reduced
- Remove stagger on Neck slice, Frame Advantage on hit and block reduced
Why is this needed?
Grounded specials are all cancellable by Mirage Feint
Oh now I see... you dirty bastard!

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Okay I'm posting OT4 now while I can.

Do not post in the thread until Karsticles has made the second post in the thread

Dahbomb

Karst will probably need like 2-3 posts there due to character length limit.

And thread title better be "NOTHING STOPS THIS PATCH" or I will throttle you son!

Frantic

You would only get a good feel about the scaling when you do a combo off a throw. That's where scaling really shows its true colors.
Ground throw, Formation B(Shot), s.HS, j.MMHS, Formation B(Shot), s.S, j.MMHS, Formation B(Shot) - 252k.

Feel free to number crunch it! :p

Dahbomb

Ground throw, Formation B(Shot), s.HS, j.MMHS, Formation B(Shot), s.S, j.MMHS, Formation B(Shot) - 252k.

Feel free to number crunch it! :p
I crunched this number and I came no where close to 252K lol. That's because I forgot that even throws start at 50%. So there is no real way to compare even if you tried to use hard match.

I really don't think it makes a big difference at all. The difference starts to show at the end of super long length combos but it takes a while for that difference to kick in.

Karst what about Tatsu canceled into Demon Flip?

Tatsu is already safe on block and is a big herpaderp move. Let's not take away its once weakness (smart pushblocking). I keep hitting F5 waiting for Enzo's new thread to be up. -_-

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Isn't xfactor being nerfed, why wouldn't oroboros be buffed to make up for that? Isn't the big deal the fact it's so strong right now in xfactor3 that he mauls teams as an anchor

Dahbomb

I really can't seem to find ways to make Akuma better then. He has a very limited tool set but every thing works like it should for him. MAYBE improve his teleport. I really think his main problems is just not great normals, I mean his best normal are his jabs and launcher! Like if he had his sweep from SF4 or that double kick, that would've been awesome for him. Also the Demon Flip throw but he can't have that because we can't have new moves.

He should honestly have an air dash. Fucking Oni has it in STREET FIGHTER... I think Akuma can have it.

Isn't xfactor being nerfed, why wouldn't oroboros be buffed to make up for that?
His base scaling across the board being improved makes up for that. Even his hypers are being buffed in damage scaling (all except the LVL3 Ragnarok).

Karst, you may want to take more than 1 post in the new thread, just to be safe.
I grabbed a second one.

Also, I'm just going to post all of my changes, including the 6 characters we have not discussed yet. I'm only doing this because it's a pain to copy+paste one section at a time in order. Please do not discuss changes on characters Dahbomb has not brought up yet.

Dahbomb

I've missed out on this thread as of late, but have you guys discussed Trish unblockable setups?
We sort of touched upon it and decided that it would remain despite being a pretty powerful strat in this game. We left FB and Viper's unblockable as well. Viper we nerfed her unlockable and FB wqs nerfed because we changed Tenderizer assist. I still think they are bad ideas but in the case of FB its really hard to improve that character without the threat of unblockable.

Trish's unblockable still requires a low/overhead assist or one of those 2 characters so you need a specific team to make it work, sometimes at the expense of tean synergy. We feel that's fine... for now at least.

Ghazi

We sort of touched upon it and decided that it would remain despite being a pretty powerful strat in this game. We left FB and Viper's unblockable as well. Viper we nerfed her unlockable and FB wqs nerfed because we changed Tenderizer assist. I still think they are bad ideas but in the case of FB its really hard to improve that character without the threat of unblockable.

Trish's unblockable still requires a low/overhead assist or one of those 2 characters so you need a specific team to make it work, sometimes at the expense of tean synergy. We feel that's fine... for now at least.
Ah ok, that's a reasonable explanation. Like you said, there's multiple requirements to pull Trish's off which vindicates it a little, but I still don't like it either. I don't know much about FB's, but I do think he should have one. Same for Viper.

Top Bottom