• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 (PS3/360 - Nov. 15) [Up: Entire Roster Leaked, Art In OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaowebb

Could you check to see if Ryu can cancel out of any part of his shoryuken into tatsu or if his mashable hadoken can cancel into anything at all? I ask because a wiffed shoryuken is always a free combo for folks and the ability to fly away if this occurred would be useful.

I ask about the mashable hadoken canceling because I wish to treat it like Ironman's unibeam during combos. Just as a way to keep them stalled in the air long enough like a beam does so that I can go into a relaunch or super or something that isn't a hyper. Hopefully it can cancel into normals, or be dash canceled other wise its not really all that useful since Ryu never did string supers together back to back. Still if theres a tatsu I can slip in there before I shinko I will.

Jintor

Phoenix - 3 hadou's, and... 8 deadpool taunts - 380,000
X-23 - 8 hadou's, 3 deadpool taunts - 830,000
Trish - 8 hadou's, 5 deadpool taunts - 850,000

Just for extras:
Wolverine - 9 hadou's, 5 deadpool taunts, 950,000
Magneto - 8 hadou's, 5 deadpool taunts, 850,000

Jintor

shaowebb said:
Could you check to see if Ryu can cancel out of any part of his shoryuken into tatsu or if his mashable hadoken can cancel into anything at all? I ask because a wiffed shoryuken is always a free combo for folks and the ability to fly away if this occurred would be useful.

I ask about the mashable hadoken canceling because I wish to treat it like Ironman's unibeam during combos. Just as a way to keep them stalled in the air long enough like a beam does so that I can go into a relaunch or super or something that isn't a hyper. Hopefully it can cancel into normals, or be dash canceled other wise its not really all that useful since Ryu never did string supers together back to back. Still if theres a tatsu I can slip in there before I shinko I will.

Looks like nope to anything. Can't cancel shoryuken into anything, can't cancel mashable hadouken into anything.

Azure J

Parallax Scroll said:

Fucking lol @ Phoenix getting rocked from an off the wall Denjin Shinkuu.

EDIT: OMFG Repulsion/Gravitation/Attraction is fucking ridiculous. Pulling X-23 out of her Talon Dive downward in front of Magnus is just wrong looking, especially at those speeds.

Azure J

Strider literally blew up that Ghost Rider. Also Ghost Rider is scary as fuck.

Chun Li could be so godlike if she'd only get some OTG option(s).

BTW, thanks for the clarification Jintor.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Christ. Don't call assist ever while Ghost Rider is on the screen. This day -30 tech kills the shit out of them. o.o

Firebrand is looking real beastly...

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
UMvC3 stream? WHOA.

How the? Stealing haunts' thunder.

Anything awesome I miss?

EDIT: Anyone else not getting sound?

Azure J

Hulk says:

"HULK WILL SLAP YO SHIT"

Edit: Holy fuck Enzo, for reals? Damn, this chick is getting fucking caned with the nerf stick.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
If you could confirm, that'd be awesome Jintor. Also, did you have issues wavedashing with Vergil as they mentioned just now?

Slightly OT, but how are you enjoying the game yourself vs. MvC3 Jintor as a whole?

HOLY SHIT NEMESIS DOESNT GIVE A FUCK IF HE'S ON FIRE HE'LL PUNCH THROUGH IT

EDIT: @AzureJerico, yeah the guy just mentioned it on the stream.

shaowebb

I wonder how much love Chun Li would have for Iron Fist in a team. His OTG is pretty sick. To bad she doesn't really have much to offer herself and she really needs a lock down assist of some kind for the crossup potential for Chun to work. I can personally vouch for her and Sent being buddies. Drones create a lot of nice setups for her.

Right now I'm currently trying to think of things outside of using Crumple assist from IF to buff my Ryu combos. Since he can't cancel supers and they don't link up well I'd pretty much be getting to his mashable or a tatsu on the ground and then slipping a crumple in from Iron Fist for the reset.

Still both Ryu and Iron Fist on a team means serious trouble for getting inside. I'll likely need a sick beam using anchor to pull this off. Snap them in and I'm in deep shit.

QUESTION
Can Storm of Magneto cancel their push/pull moves? Probably not needed for Magneto but it sounds like Storm's are pretty lengthy and if they miss she could use a cancel to stay safe.

That is if they need aimed and can miss and aren't like homing or something.

Azure J

Nemesis good God. :lol

Also, anyone else notice the low ass hitbox on crouching Firebrand? He ducked under a complete Plasma Beam from Doom.

Enzo: Damn, pour one out for the chickenhead, she's dead in Ultimate. :lol

Jintor

They're fullscreen. They just hit. Doesn't matter if you're blocking, airborne, down, whatever - you just move. I think that Storm's moves you further and is more floaty while Maggy's is more precise, but that's an eyeball.

As far as I can tell neither are cancelable, so if you grab someone doing a forward attack and pull them forward you'll punch yourself in the face.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Ghost Rider to Wesker: Hell is calling, Albert.

YO DAMN.

Also, on streams I totally can't see how much X-Factor is left. Actually, I've completely forgotten where it even indicates that.

Jintor

I just tested Phoenix invincibility on her qcf hyper - it beat out Ryu's ultra hadouken and she didn't take any damage...

SolarPowered said:
Strider might make a good team mate if I can find a high health character to replace Hsien-Ko. Thanks for the tests, Jintor.

I only have a couple more things that I'd like for you to try for my team specifically. Both of them are pretty simple. Just chuck enough hadoukens at a character with known health so that you can reduce it to 350k flat. Then I'd like you to get up close and personal with Morrigan. Blast them with finishing shower point blank and mash buttons(without blowing XF of course). I'd like to see how close you can get to killing them with that remaining amount of health. It could make the difference between doing 140k max with her finishing shower in a combo and doing a whopping 190k.

The same thing applies to Hsien-Ko and her Tenrai-Ha. Bring the character down to 350k with a certain amount of Hadoukens and blast them with a raw Tenrai-Ha to see how close she gets to killing them with mashing.

Finishing shower does 251k damage right now and Tenrai-Ha does 273k so getting within pixels of 350k for either is a nice improvement.

Thanks in advance!
Ultimoo said:
Marvel is calling, SolarPowered.
wat

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Jintor said:
I just tested Phoenix invincibility on her qcf hyper - it beat out Ryu's ultra hadouken and she didn't take any damage...
Hmm. Either it's in their build, or they're misinformed.

Also level 3 Hawkeye is gonna be a fucking problem with those trick shots and shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom