• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 (PS3/360 - Nov. 15) [Up: Entire Roster Leaked, Art In OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure who originally posted this...but it's rather hard to believe/dumb.

"I'll just leave this Capcom TGS info right here...

- Street Fighter x Tekken Reveals: Rolento, Zangief, Heihachi, Lili (Everyone probably knows this already). Demo of new build on show floor.
- Street Fighter x Tekken announced for PC and as a Wii U launch window title. 360/PC versions will have an exclusive character (like Cole is for PS3/Vita), as will the Wii U version. The characters themselves will not be specified.
- SSF4AE 2012 officially named Super Street Fighter IV Upper (at least in Japan). Adds Hugo and Poison and will still be free for owners of SSF4AE. Demo of new build on show floor, includes Hugo and Poison. Announcement that this is definitely the final version of SF4, as the team is going to start a new project shortly.
- UMvC3: Rest of new characters get reveal trailers. Demo build with every character on show floor.
- Mega Man Legends 3: Announcement that due to fan feedback, development will restart in November.
- Mega Man 6, 7, X2, X3 and Mega Man 64 announced for Wii Virtual Console. Mega Man 2 and 3 (GB), as well as Mega Man 1, 2 and 3 (NES) announced for 3DS Virtual Console.
- Mega Man 8, Mega Man Legends, Mega Man Legends 2 and The Misadventures of Tron Bonne announced for PSone Classics.
- Vampire Savior: Online Edition announced for PSN. HD remastering ala 3SO with GGPO online. Demo on show floor.
- Marvel vs Capcom Collection announced for PSN. Includes X-Men VS Street Fighter, Marvel Super Heroes vs Street Fighter and Marvel vs Capcom. No remastering, but will include GGPO online play. No demo.
- Trailers, release dates and demos of most every game you already know about (DMC, MH, RE, etc)"

Azure J

Jesus Christ that's a candy coated cloud of dreams, not a rumor list! I'd be beyond amazed if even one thing other than the SFxT reveals turns out true.

7Th

Toxicplatypus said:
- Mega Man Legends 3: Announcement that due to fan feedback, development will restart in November.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Azure J

Oh my God, if it were true, you wouldn't hear the end of it from me. :lol

One of the big reasons it can't be true though is because of the UMvC3 line. If all the characters get debuted at TGS, what will Capcom have to hype Ultimate at NYCC?

Also: I'm still salty as fuck I can't go to it this year. Stupid brokeness. :/

Mengetsu

Toxicplatypus said:

"I'll just leave this Capcom TGS info right here...

- Street Fighter x Tekken Reveals: Rolento, Zangief, Heihachi, Lili (Everyone probably knows this already). Demo of new build on show floor.
- Street Fighter x Tekken announced for PC and as a Wii U launch window title. 360/PC versions will have an exclusive character (like Cole is for PS3/Vita), as will the Wii U version. The characters themselves will not be specified.
- SSF4AE 2012 officially named Super Street Fighter IV Upper (at least in Japan). Adds Hugo and Poison and will still be free for owners of SSF4AE. Demo of new build on show floor, includes Hugo and Poison. Announcement that this is definitely the final version of SF4, as the team is going to start a new project shortly.
- UMvC3: Rest of new characters get reveal trailers. Demo build with every character on show floor.
- Mega Man 6, 7, X2, X3 and Mega Man 64 announced for Wii Virtual Console. Mega Man 2 and 3 (GB), as well as Mega Man 1, 2 and 3 (NES) announced for 3DS Virtual Console.
- Mega Man 8, Mega Man Legends, Mega Man Legends 2 and The Misadventures of Tron Bonne announced for PSone Classics.
- Vampire Savior: Online Edition announced for PSN. HD remastering ala 3SO with GGPO online. Demo on show floor.
- Marvel vs Capcom Collection announced for PSN. Includes X-Men VS Street Fighter, Marvel Super Heroes vs Street Fighter and Marvel vs Capcom. No remastering, but will include GGPO online play. No demo.
- Trailers, release dates and demos of most every game you already know about (DMC, MH, RE, etc)"

That's a lot of dreams coming true there....Not a grain but an atom of salt ill take this news with.

I guess if you gonna make shit up, you might as well go all out. Just add Steel Battalion Kinect to support original Steel Battalion controller and God Hand sequel...why not?

Azure J

Naked Prime said:
I guess if you gonna make shit up, you might as well go all out. Just add Steel Battalion Kinect to support original Steel Battalion controller and God Hand sequel...why not?

Even you tamed it down some, lets see some crazy shit like:

- New Cyberbots, Tech Romancer, Breath of Fire, Rival Schools, Power Stone, & Red Earth titles mentioned briefly, said to be digital releases.
- Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom - New Age of Gem Fighters announced, playable on show floor
- DmC cancelled in favor of a joint announcement from Capcom & Platinum Games - "Bayonetta 2" is Devil May Cry x Bayonetta.

LOL at Darkstalkers completely out of nowhere.
Karsticles said:
Rather unbelievable.
Got silly when it said that the remaining characters would ALL be revealed at TGS lol.
AzureJericho said:
One of the big reasons it can't be true though is because of the UMvC3 line. If all the characters get debuted at TGS, what will Capcom have to hype Ultimate at NYCC?
Hsien-Ko, Arthur, Haggar and Tron are shown at NYCC and they don't suck.

Kimosabae said:
Don't get why that's implausible at all. Game's due out in 8 weeks. The character's have to be put in the wild.

Because there's still Comic Con, no way they won't reveal something as big as the remaining characters there. If they announce them all at TGS, what else is left?

Chavelo

Toxicplatypus said:
TGS rumors

I had to start laughing at the part where it said Street Fighter Vs Tekken will be available of PC...

I mean, *HAKAN* SERIOUUUSLY?

PC "Master Race" fanboy here speaking, too

SmithnCo

Toxicplatypus said:

lol, that's a lot of wishful thinking.

The Mega Man stuff in particular sounds like a wet dream someone had.

Azure J

SolarPowered said:
Hsien-Ko, Arthur, Haggar and Tron are shown at NYCC and they don't suck.

I'll raise you one:

- Hsien-ko plays as a 1:1 translation of her Vampie Saviour self. *Insert prominent pro fighter name here* goes on twitter and hails her "second coming of Wolverine". Also gets a random item toss that throws out a full sized Gold Armored version of herself at people. :lol

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
_dementia said:
That fake leak is hilariously bad.
Was posted in the MML3 thread, it's just a Capcom fanboys wet dream sprinkled with bullshit.

Seriously, if you believe that shit, I'm ready to tell you Megaman died so Captain Commando could live.

AzureJericho said:
I'll raise you one:

- Hsien-ko plays as a 1:1 translation of her Vampie Saviour self. *Insert prominent pro fighter name here* goes on twitter and hails her "second coming of Wolverine". Also gets a random item toss that throws out a full sized Gold Armored version of herself at people. :lol
This shit is amazing, but anyone who says it would kill her before the game comes out.

It'd go something like this:

Capcom:"Pro fighter says Hsien-Ko is the next Wolverine!"

Employee: "She looks good, but not THAT good..."

Capcom: "Does anyone like the character?"

Employee: "There are tons of Darkstalkers fans and some people might use her now."

Capcom: "Nerf her before it's too late!"

Back to square one.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
After seeing the SFxT thread, it just occurred to me that at TGS there is a 99% chance were getting the first full CG trailer too. We only got a preview earlier, and Niitsuma said we'd get the full first episode "soon" and that they're going to do something like what they did for MvC3, right?

Hype on a hundred thousand trillion for TGS.

Azure J

enzo_gt said:
After seeing the SFxT thread, it just occurred to me that at TGS there is a 99% chance were getting the first full CG trailer too. We only got a preview earlier, and Niitsuma said we'd get the full first episode "soon" and that they're going to do something like what they did for MvC3, right?

Hype on a hundred thousand trillion for TGS.

Oh God, if they get anywhere near as hype as some of the shit in the first cinematic Marvel 3 trailer... Equal level of hype reached. :lol

moon-stares-at-link-in-the-legend-of-zelda-majoras-mask_288x288_large.jpg

3 days... ;_;

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
AzureJericho said:
Oh God, if they get anywhere near as hype as some of the shit in the first cinematic Marvel 3 trailer... Equal level of hype reached. :lol
From the looks of the teaser, I dont think so.. Unless that hit isn't a diorama and is actually in motion.

In my dreams, I fill the missing gaps between the 4 episodes in MvC3. C.Viper tease and all :(

What couldve been.. Could've been monumental.

Dahbomb

For example I see Vergil as redundant since we have both Dante and Wesker (and since I never played DMC3). One the other hand I'm very excited for Phoenix Wright even though we can only guess one of his moves, so I can totally see how fans think :p
I was gonna go down on this post until I read the bolded.

Honestly you can make that excuse with every character in the game. Iron Fist another "brawler" type character. Nemesis another super armor, tank character. Hawkeye another projectile/arrow spammer character. Phoenix another joke character that has no business being in a fighting game. Akuma/Ryu shoto clone. She Hulk/X-23 clones. Iron Man/Storm/Magneto/Doom redundant characters with 8 way air dashes and projectiles. Zero/Strider low health characters with utility hypers, swords and teleports. Vergil a Dante clone.

It's the developers jobs to differentiate and make the characters they pick exciting to play as. I am not against any character's inclusion UNTIL I see them executed in the game itself. If then I see that the character doesn't fit or feels out of place... I raise a red flag. Arthur raises a huge red flag in this game, he is ill equipped mechanics wise to be here. I don't want another Arthur in this game so I am very anxious to see how RR/Phoenix Wright turn out. I have no worries about Vergil at all... the fact that they even picked him shows that they know the potential in this character.

ibRdfe.gif

DAT GIF!!! DAT COMBO!!! DAT HYPE!!!

That list of TGS wet dream is fucking bogus. No way Capcom is revealing 6 characters at TGS and blowing their entire load there. The only thing it's missing is something related to DMC (especially the almost confirmed DMC HD re-release) or DmC.

Azure J

enzo_gt said:
From the looks of the teaser, I dont think so.. Unless that hit isn't a diorama and is actually in motion.

In my dreams, I fill the missing gaps between the 4 episodes in MvC3. C.Viper tease and all :(

What couldve been.. Could've been monumental.

To this day I still don't get how Marvel & Capcom didn't capitalize on an actual shot animated tie in series for Vanilla's release.

AzureJericho said:
To this day I still don't get how Marvel & Capcom didn't capitalize on an actual shot animated tie in series for Vanilla's release.
Seems like a lot of extra work for a little return especially when Capcom is so busy with other projects.
Dahbomb said:
It's the developers jobs to differentiate and make the characters they pick exciting to play as. I am not against any character's inclusion UNTIL I see them executed in the game itself. If then I see that the character doesn't fit or feels out of place... I raise a red flag. Arthur raises a huge red flag in this game, he is ill equipped mechanics wise to be here. I don't want another Arthur in this game so I am very anxious to see how RR/Phoenix Wright turn out. I have no worries about Vergil at all... the fact that they even picked him shows that they know the potential in this character.
If Arthur were made to fit more with his canon story he'd be a terrifying mofo. Dude regularly goes to the underworld and fucks shit up.

Another trenchcoat in the game would seem boring by comparison.

SolarKnight said:
Because there's still Comic Con, no way they won't reveal something as big as the remaining characters there. If they announce them all at TGS, what else is left?

Maybe a story mode or something?

The "put the characters on the map" point is actually quite good, keep in mind that vanilla came out in February, while this one will be out in November. I don't remember that the last vanilla character was announced a few prior to the release of the game.

That's a lot of dreams coming true there....Not a grain but an atom of salt ill take this news with.
I often get curious where idioms originate from:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grain_of_salt

So it seems as though you want to take this with a truck of salt, and not an molecule of it.

- DmC cancelled in favor of a joint announcement from Capcom & Platinum Games - "Bayonetta 2" is Devil May Cry x Bayonetta.
You set my heart aflutter.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Becquerel said:
Maybe a story mode or something?

The "put the characters on the map" point is actually quite good, keep in mind that vanilla came out in February, while this one will be out in November. I don't remember that the last vanilla character was announced a few prior to the release of the game.
Changes to arcade mode, several new modes, online new modes. There's a ton left, but you ALWAYS have to announce those in proximity to characters, because that's what people give a shit about.

So far, these are my inferences:

At TGS, the biggest stage (quite literally as they're doing a stage demo at TGS) they have for announcements before release, they will show the most popular japanese characters as well as the biggest reveals and their pairings (Iron Fist/Vergil et Rocket Raccoon/Phoenix Wright). Additionally, they will reveal more details about the online modes and possibly the other exciting modes Niitsuma teased (though this can be left for NYCC, for sure). here they will also debut the first CG trailer at the end of the UMvC3 segment in the Capcom stage show.

At NYCC we'll get the remaining two, Frank and Nova, and on top if that we will get all of the rest of the miscellaneous info including the minor changes they said they made to Story Mode, and possibly debut the full changelog as the roster is completely revealed. Along the way to and at NYCC, we will get maybe one or two more CG trailers and then the final episode alongside a launch trailer in early November.

I wonder if UMvC3 will have a vanilla mode like AE came with.

shaowebb

The fake leak to end all fake leaks right there.

If any of that megaman stuff and collection stuff happened it'd go a long way towards making Capcom look better to their fans, though.

blurrygil

Naked Prime said:

A fully impossible Capcom rumor list isn't complete without Final Fight 4 and Saturday Night Slammasters III...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom