• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate NES Remix announced for the Nintendo 3DS

L~A

Ultimate NES Remix: This new Nintendo 3DS game will be available in stores and in the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS on Dec. 5 at a suggested retail price of $29.99. The game features rapid-fire challenges and mashups from a selection of 16 of Nintendo’s finest 8-bit games. Regional online leaderboards will let players see how they stack up against others in their area, and Championship Mode offers a series of challenges from three different games.

Comes out on November 7 in Europe, DEC. 5 in the US.

Comes from PR!

rjc571

Banned
This new Nintendo 3DS game will be available...

Aaaand we have exhibit 'A' for why calling their new system the "New 3DS" is a bad idea. People will read this and be confused as to whether it's a game for the New 3DS or a new game for the 3DS.

Jucksalbe

Banned
Aaaand we have exhibit 'A' for why calling their new system the "New 3DS" is a bad idea. People will read this and be confused as to whether it's a game for the New 3DS or a new game for the 3DS.

We don't know yet if this new model will also be called the "new Nintendo 3DS" in English markets. I don't see a problem in other languages.

Edit: What? A month earlier in Europe? Boo!

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Will wait and see how different this is from the Wii U versions. Rapid-fire makes it sound more like Wario Ware.

maxcriden

Will wait and see how different this is from the Wii U versions. Rapid-fire makes it sound more like Wario Ware.

The original game was already pretty rapid-fire, though. I'm hoping there's some new stuff here but I don't want to get my hopes up and be disappointed.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
The original game was already pretty rapid-fire, though. I'm hoping there's some new stuff here but I don't want to get my hopes up and be disappointed.
All that's really missing is a medley mode, though with NES Remix 2 I'd hate to get lumbered with that infamous first Kirby challenge in the middle of a streak.

Bu bu but Indieszero said that you couldn't do NES remix on the 3DS.

Going to need more info on this one 16 games sounds far from ultimate...

Edit: What? A month earlier in Europe? Boo!
I wonder if it will cheaper this time too? (NES remix was €10 here, normally a $15 game is €15)

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I wanna know the game list first. For $30, I'm hoping it has a decent amount of content for the price of both NES Remix titles, yet only has 16 games like the first.

daevv

I was saving gift cards up for a guilt free Wii U purchase just for these games. I don't know what to do now since I have a 3DS. :)

maxcriden

Please, Nintendo, confirm it's a new Remix or not >.<

The PR is really vague but WAIT hold everything, trailer:

http://www.gonintendo.com/s/236165-nes-remix-pack-trailer

ETA: wait I'm so dumb this is for NES Remix Pack for Wii U, not Ultimate NES Remix for 3DS, how could I ever be confused ;__;

Okay, here's that PR:

EU:

Ultimate NES Remix: Available in stores and on Nintendo eShop for Nintendo 3DS on 7th November, the game features rapid-fire challenges and mash-ups from a selection of 16 of Nintendo&#8217;s finest 8-bit games. Regional online leaderboards will let players see how they stack up against others in their area, and Championship Mode offers a gauntlet of challenges from three different games.

NA:

Ultimate NES Remix: This new Nintendo 3DS game will be available in stores and in the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS on Dec. 5 at a suggested retail price of $29.99. The game features rapid-fire challenges and mashups from a selection of 16 of Nintendo&#8217;s finest 8-bit games. Regional online leaderboards will let players see how they stack up against others in their area, and Championship Mode offers a series of challenges from three different games.
&#8226; NES Remix Pack: Wii U fans can also get into the 8-bit mix on Dec. 5, with a new game that combines the original NES Remix and NES Remix 2 games for Wii U into one package. NES Remix Pack will be available in stores at a suggested retail price of $29.99. Both NES Remix and NES Remix 2 games remain available in the Nintendo eShop on Wii U for $14.99 each.

So it kinda sounds like the 3DS game isn't a compilation but...it's kinda unclear, too.

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
Awesome, was so jealous when 1+2 were WiiU only. Need me some more IndiesZero!

Bu bu but Indieszero said that you couldn't do NES remix on the 3DS.

That was Koichi Hayashida, of EAD Tokyo who originally said it couldn't be done on the 3DS. He was the director and programmer of NES Remix, he actually "developed the first 100 games by himself" while co-directing Super Mario 3D World. Don't forget Hayashida even programmed that Luigi Bros. mini-game on Super Mario 3D World.

EAD GOD TOKYO.

Indies Zero was hired after to help EAD Tokyo finish the game. Obviously they had experience in that genre.

maxcriden

That's NES Remix pack for Wii U.
It bundles NES Remix 1 and 2 for retail.
Not the same game as Ultimate NES Remix for 3DS.

But both launch on the same day (December 5) for the same price.

Yeah, I was about to edit my post. Haha. Sorry about that. Here's the PR:

EU:

Ultimate NES Remix: Available in stores and on Nintendo eShop for Nintendo 3DS on 7th November, the game features rapid-fire challenges and mash-ups from a selection of 16 of Nintendo’s finest 8-bit games. Regional online leaderboards will let players see how they stack up against others in their area, and Championship Mode offers a gauntlet of challenges from three different games.

NA:

Ultimate NES Remix: This new Nintendo 3DS game will be available in stores and in the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS on Dec. 5 at a suggested retail price of $29.99. The game features rapid-fire challenges and mashups from a selection of 16 of Nintendo’s finest 8-bit games. Regional online leaderboards will let players see how they stack up against others in their area, and Championship Mode offers a series of challenges from three different games.
• NES Remix Pack: Wii U fans can also get into the 8-bit mix on Dec. 5, with a new game that combines the original NES Remix and NES Remix 2 games for Wii U into one package. NES Remix Pack will be available in stores at a suggested retail price of $29.99. Both NES Remix and NES Remix 2 games remain available in the Nintendo eShop on Wii U for $14.99 each.

So it kinda sounds like the 3DS game isn't a compilation but...it's kinda unclear, too.

Kinsei

Banned
I was hoping they'd keep console remixes on their consoles, and start doing handheld remixes on their handhelds.

I'll wait and see what games this has before getting excited. There really aren't too many left they could use, are there? I mean, they were scraping the bottom of the barrel for some of the games in NES Remix 2.

Top Bottom