• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter 2 delayed to July?

Got a mail from Amazon France telling me USF2 got pushed back to the 17th of July. Was this known or is it Amazon screwing it?

Also first thread here, be gentle.

LordKano

Two months delay ? I doubt that, the game's gold and they released another trailer concerning the release date. More likely there's something messy with stock allocations on Amazon.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Actually, I just checked and USFII is not available on Amazon.fr right now. It doesn't come up while searching for it. So, I suppose it's a stock fuckup.

EDIT: Also, July 17th is a Monday, and no game releases on that day. Especially not from Nintendo.

Got Amazon on the phone. Supposedly french release date is pushed back. Put up an order on Amazon UK and canceled the previous one. Still a mystery but case's closed on my end.

Ninja Dom

Holy kek Capcom if true.

Cant even release a SF2 port in date

You still can't help yourself with the negative comments.

We know you hate the Switch and anything to do with it (you caught a ban for it), so why do you bother coming to Switch threads still?

They probably just sold more than they ordered, while it ain't gonna set the world on fire i suspect this is gonna sell much better than most here seem to expect

Holy kek Capcom if true.

Cant even release a SF2 port in date

Just looks like a listing error.

We know you hate the Switch and anything to do with it (you caught a ban for it), so why do you bother coming to Switch threads still?

Indeed, whenever I see that avatar I know the comment will just be needless hate with no contribution to the discussion.

Kart94

Banned
Oh for pete sakes, it is just a release of a creeky old PSN fighter. How hard can porting it be?......wait maybe they are delaying to improve the animations. The game still looks choppy after all these years.

Oh for pete sakes, it is just a release of a creeky old PSN fighter. How hard can porting it be?......wait maybe they are delaying to improve the animations. The game still looks choppy after all these years.
I think what you are calling choppy is actually 1:1 animation with the original game. I may be mistaken though...

Changing that would change the way the game plays, tbh.

A game that looks like it took two weeks to develop is delayed two months?

Rebalancing a fighting game does take a little while, as does developing the netcode. That being said it probably isn't delayed, Amazon France is the only retailer to show any sign of relisting.

opricnik

Banned

Oh sorry Ninja Boy , forgot that i had to get your permissions before to make comments.

Thanks for reminder btw

Oh sorry Ninja Boy , forgot that i had to get your permissions before to make comments.

Thanks for reminder btw

Yeah I wish we had more posters like you, your contributions are always on point and contribute to the discussion in a constructive and positive way. Don't let them bother you!

Joke aside, seems like a listing error.

mindsale

God I wish they'd just announce the enhanced Smash port so I wouldn't have to be bothered by shitty Capcom fighter delays.

-hadouken

Delayed or not, the pricing is absurd on this. The very same remaster (bar a couple of minuscule additions) was selling for $1.99 on PSN earlier this year.

Delayed or not, the pricing is absurd on this. The very same remaster (bar a couple of minuscule additions) was selling for $1.99 on PSN earlier this year.
It's not the very same remaster. It reuses the character art, that's it. Everything else is new. New balance, new moves, new music, new techniques, two new characters, new background art, story mode, two-on-one CPU mode, full 3D-rendered motion-controlled minigame with character progression, character recoloring, history of street fighter art at SUPER high resolution... compare that to SSF2THD Remix, which was designed to be as close of a port from the original arcade machine as possible, but with HD art, remixed music, and a light rebalance (move A does 2% more damage now than move B).

Also, listing a one-time sale price is a bit disingenuous, on PS3 the old game you are talking about, Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD Remix, is $10 on PSN.

hope not. the game went gold earlier this month.

game has had a shitload of ports and this garbage HD remix is always the one that gets brought up in usf2 threads

Simpsons-christmas-27.jpg

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player

As a fan you are more than entitled to critique but, man, try making a game and youll find out real quick how hard anything in gamedev is.

-hadouken

It reuses the character art, that's it. Everything else is new.
But it's not. The game uses the infamous Udon sprites along with the HD Remix backgrounds (and some of the HD Remix music from the sound of it.) HD Remix also has an option to select original Super Turbo gameplay.

Are a couple of palette swaps and some tacked on throw away modes worth ten times the price? I'd suggest not.

Also, listing a one-time sale price is a bit disingenuous, on PS3 the old game you are talking about, Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD Remix, is $10 on PSN.
The game is regularly on sale. $4 in April, $2 in Jan, $4 Sep, $2.50 in Feb.

lupinko

The real sad thing is that this game isn't a port of Super Turbo.

It's 2017 and Capcom still can't port ST properly.

Sigh, CPS2 or bust I'm afraid.

The real sad thing is that this game isn't a port of Super Turbo.

It's 2017 and Capcom still can't port ST properly.

Sigh, CPS2 or bust I'm afraid.

Capcom should start making consolized CPS2s no kappa.

I remember they did that with CPS1s a while back.

How about on 360, you can get Capcom Digital Collection right now from Play Asia for $16.79. Which includes SF2T HD Remix as well as Final Fight Double Impact, 1942 Joint Strike, Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo HD Remix, Bionic Commando Rearmed 2, Wolf of the Battlefield Commando 3, Flock! and Rocketmen: Axis of Evil.

Top Bottom