• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter 4 PS4 patch is live

vcc

Does this still happen?

ThriftySlimyIndianabat.gif

Yup, el fuerte is still below average.

ShinMaruku

That's not the point. The point is it currently has the most input lag out of any version.
Indeed. I'm just saying it was even more stupid to give it to a port team and not expect bad shit to happen. That game was coded very badly that will always give ports issues unless you take great care of it.

Dreez

I'm pretty sure they knew of the problems before they released... they probably thought it was OK to drop and patch later, just so people have more time before Evo. Wrong call tho.

Menu's are a lot faster, smoother.. normal.

Doesn't seem to be as much slowdown during the gameplay as before. A lot better IMO.

Also, why can't you change between character voices (ENG/JP) in the sound settings? Why isn't that in there? It's either all JP or all ENG.

I thought you had to complete Arcade mode at least once to unlock this option, along with the BMG remixes.

UberTag

Keep us posted on what bugs are still outstanding and what new ones crop up.
Would like to buy this game once all of the issues are addressed... but not before.

zlatko

Banned
Problem is, even if they fix all the problems, the big tournaments won't change back to the PS4 version (this year at least). EVO's organizers stated that the decision to switch to 360 was final.

I'm not worried about USF4 PS4 version for tournament standards. I'm worried about it as someone who wants to shell out 25 bones to play this again.

I have the PC version, but even with god like internet, Steam beta updates, patches, following port opening guides online, etc I still get underwater match after under water match. Yet I can play MKX, GGxrd, or even Smash on Wii u with 1 out of 100 matches being laggy. Or back on 360 version of SF4 I would rarely encounter them as well.

Basically these improvements are needed so I can play the game again as an online warrior. If the FGC wants to adopt it as the standard after Evo that's absolutely great too, but I'm not expecting it.

vcc

Indeed. I'm just saying it was even more stupid to give it to a port team and not expect bad shit to happen. That game was coded very badly that will always give ports issues unless you take great care of it.

Is the frame lag online only? Or also offline? I haven't picked this up yet and would mostly play with friends.

Korezo

Next patch needs AA and online network and input lag if its still busted. They have to fix input lag because they said they did.

mattp

I'm pretty sure they knew of the problems before they released... they probably thought it was OK to drop and patch later, just so people have more time before Evo. Wrong call tho.

they had to have known a bout a lot of this, considering how quickly this patch got pushed out

Is the frame lag online only? Or also offline? I haven't picked this up yet and would mostly play with friends.

Well online will always have input lag, the game has input delay based netcode. Its pretty minimal though.
The problem comes from the fact that this port has native input lag offline as well so you have to play with the combined amount of input lag when playing online.

Crayon

Its astonishing that they could do all that in a week but couldnt get it right the first time.

Something to watch out for if you ever have to hire any kind of contractor btw: when they promise to get the job done fast and cheap.... Keep looking.

That HK button not working was a pretty common occurence with SF4 TE's even on 360. I believe it's something with the early PCB's but not certain.

That's a well-known issue with Round 1/2 Xbox TEs. It affects the HK and 3K buttons.

The fix is to swap your HK and 3P button wires so that when it fails, it doesn't really affect gameplay.

Kain

El Fuerte hurting himself after his weird charge is nothing out of the ordinary, he is trash after all.

Skilletor

As if the port situation wasn't bad enough, now we have people (not saying anybody here) trying to pass off PC mods as fucked up PS4 version. :/

Piccoro

I'm not worried about USF4 PS4 version for tournament standards. I'm worried about it as someone who wants to shell out 25 bones to play this again.

I have the PC version, but even with god like internet, Steam beta updates, patches, following port opening guides online, etc I still get underwater match after under water match. Yet I can play MKX, GGxrd, or even Smash on Wii u with 1 out of 100 matches being laggy. Or back on 360 version of SF4 I would rarely encounter them as well.

Basically these improvements are needed so I can play the game again as an online warrior. If the FGC wants to adopt it as the standard after Evo that's absolutely great too, but I'm not expecting it.

Yeah, the online MP was always a problem of the PC version.
And if you do not want to play this game professionally, you can play the ps4 version perfectly in its current state (after today's patch).

thatJohann

Someone post before and after pics now that they have added Anisotropic Filtering (AF). Training stage should look much better. I'm not home so I can't post.

vcc

『Inaba Resident』;166305244 said:
Well online will always have input lag, the game has input delay based netcode. Its pretty minimal though.
The problem comes from the fact that this port has native input lag offline as well so you have to play with the combined amount of input lag when playing online.

I'll take the plunge then. I think I'm not too enough to notice offline.

thelastword

Banned
Pretty good patch, Online play is much better, menus are fixed. AF looks like 4x at times and sometimes 8x, just played a match in training stage again and it looked 4x throughout to me. wish they would put 16xAF and get some AA in.

Anyways, good progress regardless, bars below yellow were really bad before, now they're pretty solid and playable. No issues with inputs. Of course I'm pretty sure all of these can be improved further, still believe the game looks a tad blurry even with 4x AF.

SgtCobra

Still needs a lot of fixing but this is a small step into the right direction I guess. Thanks for keeping us updated Gio.....

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Pretty good patch, Online play is much better, menus are fixed. AF looks like 4x at times and sometimes 8x, just played a match in training stage again and it looked 4x throughout to me. wish they would put 16xAF and get some AA in.

Anyways, good progress regardless, bars below yellow were really bad before, now they're pretty solid and playable. No issues with inputs. Of course I'm pretty sure all of these can be improved further, still believe the game looks a tad blurry even with 4x AF.
I actually think the training stage is more than 4x AF - but most of the other stages are not. It seems to be completely mixed for some reason. Not sure what's up with that.

is it better than ps3 version now? I've used to play it on PS3, never had a problem with it, it's only recently I found out that it had input lag. and I do want a PS4 version, it's just that I want it to be at least better than PS3 version

Moosehole

This is quite a bit of what ailed the game fixed pretty quickly, so that's nice.

Still a few more major issues to address, though. Good start.

Glad to see all this crap fixed. A lot of it was annoyances, but the gameplay screw ups like the invisible projectiles and other visual glitches made it hard to want to play. The AF thing, to be, was only really noticeable/distracting in the training stage (mostly because it's the one stage that would make it stick out so much) but that's no longer an issue.

I'll see how the input feels when I get home.

Kikujiro

Should've just delayed it a week, now it sounds like a decent port.
Well at least it seems they will be able to actually make a perfect port for the Capcom Cup finals.

Yurikerr

This post isn't by me, it's by a guy with the same username as me.
The original AF implementation was atrocious. I can't believe that no one on the dev team noticed the blurry mess that was the training stage.

And judging by how fast this first patch was released it seems like a lot of issues that shipped with the game were know/being worked.

Why not delay the game 1 or 2 weeks and deliver a better launch product. It was a digital release ffs

As a filthy casual I am proud of this patch. Only opened this game to be greeted with the Bullet Time™ menus when I got it last week and promptly continued playing Destiny. Hopefully they'll continue fixing whatever the pros see wrong with the game.

Top Bottom