• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter 4 PS4 patch is live

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
You mean on the PS3? Well, the PS3 version was considered inferior, yes, but no one called it a broken mess.

Also, being the same as the arcade means nothing. Input lag is objectively bad, the less input lag, the better. It just means that the X360 version is better than even the original one, not that the PS3 is "right".
Really no. All this means is that playing on 360 relative to the other versions screws up your timing.

Or is the PS4 version the same as arcade? I wouldn't think so, since PS3 players reported input lag issues with the PS4 version (when it was supposed to not only match it, but fix whatever caused the higher lag on PS3)
It's higher with a PS3 stick.

Gbraga

That's not true at all. Depends entirely on which version the game was designed/balanced around.

At this point, the "best" version is the version people are used to. At one time that was PS3, then it became Xbox. Yet, PS3 players enter Xbox tourneys, and Xbox players ented PS3 tourneys. Imagine that.

This makes no sense at all. No one ever said the PS3 version was the best. Those things don't just work in extremes, it's not either the best or garbage, people can prefer the X360 version but still not refuse to play on PS3. Being worse doesn't make it unplayable.

Really no. All this means is that playing on 360 relative to the other versions screws up your timing.

Combo timing is the least of the problems. You can easily adjust to that. People blaming input lag on their execution are just finding excuses for their loss. It's much more about reacting and punishing than it is landing combos.

I'm not having any issues landing any of the combos I did before I turned off vsync now that I did. The only difference is that I can now react to more stuff and whiff punish more consistently.

Hell, I could land my Dudley combos playing Brazil vs USA online back in the SSF IV days, it's really not about timing at all.

At least in my opinion.

Sure, when it comes to tournament standards and whatnot, that also comes into consideration, you need to know which version is being used to practice so you won't mess up your execution, but when it comes to comparing which one is better, less input lag = better.

And I hope they fix the higher input lag using PS3 sticks, then I can pick up the PS4 version. MKX has the same problem, right? It might be a bit tricky to solve.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
Combo timing is the least of the problems. You can easily adjust to that. People blaming input lag on their execution are just finding excuses for their loss. It's much more about reacting and punishing than it is landing combos.
Nobody wins or loses on 2 miliseconds. That's a fraction of one frame.

gilley

You're not Sean Gilley of those old famous Street Fighter 2 Guile combo videos are you?

Yeah, I did those combos back around December '99 on the PS1 version of ST, Capcom Classics Collection. I wanted to show people what the famous TZW Guile combos looked like. Most of the VHS tapes that were shared around were in horrible condition. I also did that SF4 Guile combo vid before the game launched on console. It surprisingly got 1.2 million views on Youtube.

Would you mind telling us how you tested? Not because I don't trust you (I definitely do trust your results), but because I'm interested in doing some of my own (not necessarily just USF4 though).

I just used a Samsung Galaxy Note 2 camera recording at 120 fps. I made sure to put the joystick and my monitor in the frame. I counted the time between when my finger pressed the button and when I saw Ryu start moving on my monitor. It's easy for anyone to do these tests if they have a Samsung phone and I encourage other people to try it.

Can you please run another test with a ps3 TE stick? I feel like there's been no change.

I really don't want to test this anymore, unless they change the input lag to be closer to 360 then...maybe.

Green connections feel great in this game. Yellow can be hit or miss. Glad to see they are working hard on it still. I'll probably buy a ps4 te when we get closer to SFV so I don't have to do this bootleg way to connect controllers.

When did the newest patch come out? Just downloaded it. Here's the patch notes

xd9kJ9L.jpg

EDIT: Not sure, but I think airfield still has audio issues

5taquitos

The notes show both input and audio mixing improvements, any reports? I want to pick it up but am waiting until it's fixed.

I tried Airfield and Overpass, those seemed to have the worst audio issues for me and they still seem kind of bad. Someone else needs to check

Choosing online matches still doesn't show me the connection quality until I actually select an opponent though, sadly. I was hoping that would be fixed.

JP

Downloading now, looking forward to giving it a go.

EDIT:
What the hell. It must be E3 Patch Day or something, Game of Thrones, Tales From Borderlands, SF IV, Middle Earth, Advanced Warfighter, Diablo III. Trials Fusion, Trine 2, Resogun and Terraria all started downloading patches. All since late yesterday when I last used the PS4.

Gestault

I'm holding my breath that this gets things where they should be. $25 for USF IV Complete was calling me even when things weren't up to snuff.

Network battle still lags a bit when you click on it. All the players in custom are still flashing bars with the occasional yellow like before. Seems like they didn't fix much (if any) on the menus, but I'll have to see if the netcode is actually better or not.

Imm0rt4l

Network battle still lags a bit when you click on it. All the players in custom are still flashing bars with the occasional yellow like before. Seems like they didn't fix much (if any) on the menus, but I'll have to see if the netcode is actually better or not.
Netcode has been solid since the last patch. The flashing pings in the menu was still present, someone mentioned it may be a firewall issue.

Netcode has been solid since the last patch. The flashing pings in the menu was still present, someone mentioned it may be a firewall issue.

Yeah its probably just me hoping that overall netcode has improved, but yellow/reds are still most likely gonna be really laggy.

I just hate seeing all flashing bars, joining, and seeing a red bar.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
When did the newest patch come out? Just downloaded it. Here's the patch notes

EDIT: Not sure, but I think airfield still has audio issues
Like today... like an hour ago

Mokubba

Patches came a lot quicker than I thought and they even fixed the lag from the sounds of it.
They should have waited two weeks.

TacosNSalsa

Praise Jeebus!! I can actually do forward axe kick crouch strong again!!!

Edit: I can still drop it like I always did as well... :-(

Top Bottom