• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter II box confirms 1st person mode and 250 page art gallery

lupinko

I really don't get why they decided to kill MT Framework for new HD projects going forward and instead opted to reinvent the wheel during a time when their finances were fucked.

Panty Raid am cry

RE Engine is full 60fps at full 1080p with photo realistic graphics.

Unreal Engine 4 is industry standard and saves them time, and epic is there to give them full support.

duckroll

I really don't get why they decided to kill MT Framework for new HD projects going forward and instead opted to reinvent the wheel during a time when their finances were fucked.

Panty Raid am cry

Because MT Framework had a lot of difficulty scaling up. They talked about this. When they first developed it, it was a great engine and tool set for that generation and could scale down really well. But as the demands of HD games increased with the new generation, they found that it couldn't scale up as easily as they thought, so they were stuck.

Tizoc

So I'm actually curious. Does anyone who has been following this game closely know what exactly the differences are between this and Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix?

2 extra characters and further rebalancing IIRC.
Game comes with OG Super Turbo as well, backgrounds and unchanged systems et. al

jonno394

I can't wait to have to do the hadoken motion with my switch controllers in first person mode. I take it that's what it is.

Zalman

Solely getting this because there's a physical release. Hoping there's an English one too, but I don't have faith in Capcom regarding that. At least it's region free.

Glass Joe

I'm thinking this 1st person thing is just a silly bonus game where you do hadoken motions timed with enemies approaching you. If it were some fleshed out thing, they wouldn't be hiding it.

I do want some Street Fighter on Switch. If $40, this is too steep. I wonder if this release is going to delay the VC Street Fighters on SNES (which SNES multiplayer is supposed to have online now).

the irony of a retro-remake fighting game having more modes than SFV.

giphy.gif

duckroll

I thought someone earlier in the thread said that it doesn't come with OG ST.

From the replies, I gather that it comes with both graphical options, but doesn't literally have the original rom included with the original gameplay and balance. There's only one game here, with all the "improvements", but you can change how it looks.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
From the replies, I gather that it comes with both graphical options, but doesn't literally have the original rom included with the original gameplay and balance. There's only one game here, with all the "improvements", but you can change how it looks.

that's how I understand it too, but I could not find a source for this. if someone got a link to an interview or something like that, where they state that it's not in the game, I'd appreciate it.

AmyS

Okay, I'm sold on Ultra Street Fighter II since it's getting a physical release.

I wanna see those backgrounds in first person mode.

Skeletos311

This is correct as far as I know.

For the first person mode you have to hold a joy con in each hand and attach one to each ankle. Moves are one-to-one so you have to mimic things like the hurricane kick exactly to pull it off.

Skeletos311

Didn't the 3DS version of SFIV have it? I never played in first person mode but recall having the option to do so. Could be wrong, thought.

It was more like 3rd person, but yeah, that was in the 3DS game. That played the same as always, though. This looks like it's just about throwing fireballs with Ryu.

Stencil

I can't seem to see shit, what on earth would 1st person look like?!

For the first person mode you have to hold a joy con in each hand and attach one to each ankle. Moves are one-to-one so you have to mimic things like the hurricane kick exactly to pull it off.

Ryu also confirmed as having a Super involving a glass of 3 (three) ice cubes.

nightside

First persone mode is clearly some kind of "shooting gallery" mini game.
Still wish they would invest more in this title. Sigh.

OrochiJR

Do we know when this comes out? Can't be too long after the Switch launch if the box is already finished. This will be my reason for dishing out 70€for a pro controller.

Rafus

I realized in the trailer they used SFIV graphics, thats why the MT Framework.
It's probably some kind of mod from that old game.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
Honestly, how many on here are actually going to buy this remix of a remix for $40 from here?
It's a perfect game to have with you, to challenge other gamers you meet. That's the appeal I see in it, though it also has online and will play better there with a Pro controller.

If the bolded is indeed the case:

hqdefault.jpg

The reference there being that when Onslaught (final boss in the original Marvel vs Capcom) beats you, he says "The dream is dead!"

Renoir

I know this a little of topic. But what happened to the EVO combo exhibitions.. I remember that they always broke street fighter 2 with some awesome never seen combos. I look it up and the last one I could find was from 2010.

Top Bottom