• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter II: The Final Challengers [Switch] Confirmed

Just saw on the presentation.

It looks like HD Remix

Gross.

Edit:

For the first time in nearly 20 years, since Super Street Fighter II, two new characters join the fight; Evil Ryu and Violent Ken. This version of Ryu has succumbed to the Satsui no Hado and is now obsessed with fighting in order to prove he is the strongest. His former honorable self has been purged, allowing him to enjoy absolute power and embrace an unquenchable bloodthirst for battle.

Violent Ken is the result of M. Bison kidnapping and brainwashing Ken, enhancing his abilities with Psycho Power and twisting his brotherly rivalry with Ryu into hatred. Violent Ken is more ruthless, aggressive, and fearless with moves that feature purple flames instead of his signature fire.

I think it's an exclusive, too.

http://www.capcom-unity.com/harriso...treet-fighter-ii-is-coming-to-nintendo-switch

Ugh, I guess it makes sense since that was the most recent version of SF2, but still.

Wonder if it'll have anything new. I would have legit been okay with a straight Super Turbo port.

Hard to tell what it is. HD remix with some new modes?

It would be interesting if it's a new iteration of super turbo with balance changes.

Tizoc

Gross? This is awesome as fuck! First new version of SF2 in a decade!
Hd remix is a rebalance of super turbo
The rebalance was not well received iirc as nice as the visuals are, the original sprites and backgrounds were much better
We would rather the hyper sf2 release at this point if not a proper port of super turbo at least

It'll probably be a budget title port of HDR with changed controls for the smaller controllers.

So you can play on the run with your buds while drinking Michelob ultra on a city rooftop.

Tizoc

Unless this has an easy input mode, dont wxpect to see this game be played seriously with those mini controllers @_@
And no the analog stick is too close to the buttons to be a frikkin arcade stixk

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Gross? This is awesome as fuck! First new version of SF2 in a decade!

I mean, it's not like they could have released a port of SFV, but this is...lol. Just...lol. Please save us Namco with a Tekken 7 announcement.

radcliff

I was hyped for SSFII Turbo, was very disappointed with what little we saw. Hopefully, there is an option to play with the original sprites.

Tizoc

Why can't Capcom just release Turbo? I don't understand. Fucking gross.
We got garou and various 80s arcade games ported
Unless there is some licensing or such involved st and even the entire sf2 series could be ported with ease

L Thammy

My reaction on seeing 1-2-Switch: "Holy shit, the new version of Street Fighter 2 is real!?"
My reaction on seeing Street Fighter 2: "Ew"

C2BsGXCUAAERI33.jpg

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
I'd have rather had Super Street fighter 2 X For Matching Service than this garbage. disappointing.

molnizzle

What's wrong with HD Remix? I didn't play SF back then but I thought I remember people praising it for being exactly the same as old school SF2 but with a fresh coat of paint.

Top Bottom