• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter II: The Final Challengers [Switch] Confirmed

I've read what people said and heard it wouldn't look good. Is there no way the VR headset could have something in it to boost power to the Switch?

the power is not just in the tech, but in the screen being 720p. Maybe there will be a "Switch Pro" in a few years with a better screen more suited to VR, but it just doesn't seem to be in Nintendo's wheelhouse. VR is still incredibly niche, based on the Switch presentation, Nintendo is after the mass market/casuals.

the power is not just in the tech, but in the screen being 720p. Maybe there will be a "Switch Pro" in a few years with a better screen more suited to VR, but it just doesn't seem to be in Nintendo's wheelhouse. VR is still incredibly niche, based on the Switch presentation, Nintendo is after the mass market/casuals.
It's probably something years down the road then.

Oregano

Is this a launch title?

No but it should be close

Ono via IGN said:
“We haven’t announced the specific date but, as you have seen, the presentation from Japan mentioned that the Switch would come out March 3rd,” he said. “We would like to try to release it in close proximity of that date.”

Also on whether it's exclusive:
"If this title sells extremely well we’ll consider it," Ono said. "We put a lot of thought into how this can be fully enjoyed on the Nintendo Switch, so for the time being it’s only going to be on Switch."

tumblr_inline_ojsk5uGsR61r8p696_540.png

Like, I know this is a low-budget effort, but thematically V.K. should have new winposes at least.

Gambit

I am still irritated the new challengers are another Ryu and Ken. If they were truly new characters for SF2 this would be a must buy for me.
Even if it was ...I don't know, Dan and Sakura or so.
Just somebody new to that game.

This must have been posted already, but nice to hear a cover of the SF2 movie theme song by May'n (who already sang SF V's Destiny)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqFA6FyXTJA

I am still irritated the new challengers are another Ryu and Ken. If they were truly new characters for SF2 this would be a must buy for me.
Even if it was ...I don't know, Dan and Sakura or so.
Just somebody new to that game.

Yeah, Capcom could have added someone new rather than those two...

Seik

Banned
I wonder if it would be possible to mod a joycon to have the left one with a D-pad instead of the buttons...

Like, by cutting the plastic or making a custom one with a 3D printer and transplant the inside of the OG one in it.

Surely someone will try it after launch...we have people destroying their console on the ground in front of launch waiting lines to get youtube views after all. :lol

bman94

I don't know why, but I feel like this release would be perfect with Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo HD Remix packed in along side it since it never hit an Nintendo console and majority of the characters from this is in that game too.

Platy

I don't know why, but I feel like this release would be perfect with Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo HD Remix packed in along side it since it never hit an Nintendo console and majority of the characters from this is in that game too.

Ryu,ken,zangief, Akuma and Chun li
Vs
Sakura, Dan, Felícia, morrigan, tabasa, Anita, lei lei and bat

sp3ctr3

"If this title sells extremely well we’ll consider it," Ono said. "We put a lot of thought into how this can be fully enjoyed on the Nintendo Switch, so for the time being it’s only going to be on Switch."

Dreams destroyed

Top Bottom