• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter IV on PS4 is much, much better now. Bless.

Ports should be done IN HOUSE. Just hire a small team and have the games creator come in and check on it/play test it and give feedback as its being made.

Cleve

Hah, this is one big thread of regrets so far. I seriously hit the store as soon as I got home, started downloading, plugged in my stick, walked over to check gaf and it's like someone shit in my cereal.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Capcom's releases have all been pretty poor technically on these consoles. They're clearly not handling the transition well.

farisr

I'm surprised there's no day 1 patch already.

Most of what's being complained about seems to be patchable anyway.

There is a 60mb (or something like that) update that downloaded first for me. But everyone playing online has that applied, so even with a day 1 patch this game is like that. I wonder if deleting the patch would be different (sometimes, some patches ruin things).

I'll actually test it out, and post comparisons if there's any difference.

Risette

A Good Citizen
Ports should be done IN HOUSE. Just hire a small team and have the games creator come in and check on it/play test it and give feedback as its being made.
nah, it's fine to give them to outside developers who know what they're doing. port studios like hexadrive and M2 are masters.

fader

They can change their minds, problem is that Sony is money hatting the event. So it's going to be a bad look when USF4 is played on 360 as opposed to PS4. Remember that USF4 and SFV are attached to Sony's name now so this reflects poorly not on just Capcom but on Sony as well.

we can play on Ps3...

lol

GamerJM

Banned
They can change their minds, problem is that Sony is money hatting the event. So it's going to be a bad look when USF4 is played on 360 as opposed to PS4. Remember that USF4 and SFV are attached to Sony's name now so this reflects poorly not on just Capcom but on Sony as well.

Couldn't they just run the PS3 version? I mean I know it's not as good as the 360 one but it's definitely playable and better than this.

It's one thing to have shoddy online and bad menus. But changes to the balance and gameplay are unacceptable for EVO or any tournament to play. Hopefully they can get it fixed or Sony allows PS3 for EVO or something. I can't imagine the staff allowing it to be like this either way.

Making people play a poor port reflects badly on them too, so unless they patch it up quick they're in a tough situation.

BY2K

Membero Americo

Well, they have 2 months to fix it. Right?

AmyS

There is a 60mb (or something like that) update that downloaded first for me. But everyone playing online has that applied, so even with a day 1 patch this game is like that. I wonder if deleting the patch would be different (sometimes, some patches ruin things).

I'll actually test it out, and post comparisons if there's any difference.

Yes please do! Really interested to see if the main install without day one patch makes a difference.

I am confident the problems will get ironed out. Still sucks they released it like this. They should have just waited.

VariantX

Thought Sony or Capcom were doing this port themselves. Never did I imagine that they would get an outside studio with an apparent poor track record to port the game.

FranXico

Sony needs to get decent devs to fix this ASAP. They would do well not to underestimate how urgent and important to their image this is.

Ugh. What a joke. I bought it immediately but it's still downloading (terrible Internet connection). Not so eager for this download to finish, based on these impressions.

Cleve

Couldn't they just run the PS3 version? I mean I know it's not as good as the 360 one but it's definitely playable and better than this.

They could, but it would still piss people off. There would be bitching about dropped links. It would still look bad for sony in the eyes of the community. Fixing this now before evo or playing on xbox are really the only choices.

Gutted to hear this as im downloading.

However. What is the likelihood this will be fixed?

I'd say 90%. They can't just let it go to evo like this.

JAYSIMPLE

Banned
You have got to be kidding me! I thought people were on here saying it was decent. Fucking horse shit. Ive bought it niw. Can you get refunds?

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
They don't need to be done in house, just by a competent studio. Considering I have never heard of this team before, it doesn't bode well.

HabeeNo

Weirdest part for me so far: The more online matches I play, the more random letters appear by the character icon. What started as "a", now is "alanTD". Will post some SS if it continues

Risette

A Good Citizen
They don't need to be done in house, just by a competent studio. Considering I have never heard of this team before, it doesn't bode well.
it's done by other ocean, which is basically backbone/digital eclipse under a different name.

for those who don't know, backbone/digital eclipse are like the worst port studio ever. sub high voltage tier.

I understand people are upset and annoyed, but why not wait for patches? Since this version will be used at tournaments, they'll have to fix things. Otherwise, both Sony and Capcom will be hit with tons of backlash.

I don't know anything about fighting games, but I'm sure someone who is an expert can explain why Sony need to fix this or kiss SFV goodbye.

Honestly? This will be fixed... but what a mess to release it in.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Damn I skipped out on so many prior versions just for ps4...and of course the wait wasn't worth it.

Dahbomb

Capcom just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about FGC culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in casual land where you can become successful by being incompetent. If you screw someone over in the FGC, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is that the FGC, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase USF4 and SFV for the PS4, nor will they purchase any of Capcom's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Capcom has alienated an entire market with this move.

Capcom, publicly apologize and cancel USF4 and SFV for PS4 or you can kiss your business goodbye.

El Sabroso

I understand people are upset and annoyed, but why not wait for patches? Since this version will be used at tournaments, they'll have to fix things. Otherwise, both Sony and Capcom will be hit with tons of backlash.

the need of that wait is what annoys more, even more when is a game that has been for a while and there are at least 3 consoles where the port is

Top Bottom