• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter IV on PS4 is much, much better now. Bless.

vg260

No mention of the input lag? Though AF will probably make people happy. I probably won't buy it until/if they ever fulfill their original promise of having less lag than the ps3 version, since I'd feel ripped off otherwise.

That might be a bigger issue to tackle, but yeah I agree.

They don't say they added AF, they say they changed it to look less blurry.

How can they change something that's not there though?

Seriously. We'll see shortly.

Edzi

They don't say they added AF, they say they changed it to look less blurry.

How can they change something that's not there though?

I'm assuming that's what they meant, though I guess we'll have to wait until people post pictures to be sure.

Dr. Kaos

Banned
Two additional bugs:

1- I noticed yesterday that after waking the console from sleep, using my SF4 TE stick, I would press HK and nothing would happen. All other buttons would work fine. I thought the stick was broken but nope.

This only went away after I completely shut down the console and restarted it.

2- Also, when waking from sleep inside the game, online does NOT work AT ALL. Same as Bloodborne before the patch.

And of course, input lag and online lag are the biggest issues, and they are not addressed in this patch.

I'm playing way too many laggy games compared to my PS3. Even with 3 Bars.

Danneee

So bugfixes first and foremost. Expected. I wonder if we'll see any more patches. If they're working on fixing more stuff I'll consider buying this.

Onemic

no input lag fix.

I would assume the next patch would address this, but I'm thinking it's gonna take a really long time for it to come out.

Guymelef

Some streamer on Twitch confirms that they added AF, He chose training stage after a request but with PS4 streaming quality I can't judge by myself.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Input lag issue seems like it'll require a lot more testing in the process of improvement. Since different devices are experiencing varying lag, among other things.

I wonder if they'll need to talk to Lab Zero about the PS3 driver and what exactly the port is doing wrong.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Can someone test the game with a PS4 controller and see if there's still noticeable input lag?

vg260

Had a few moments to check, so only quick visual impressions. Training stage looks much better. Could be my imagination, but AF still seems low/off in a couple stages, like the dino one, but it was always bad in the console version, but was fine on the PC. So, I dunno. Did they only apply AF to the training stage? Forgot to check if they're still using low-res hit effects. Doesn't look like any more AA was applied. Menus are normal. So yeah, looks more like an up-resed console port which if that was the case, I guess is as good as you could expect from these devs, but just probably shy of PC visually. :/

I don't have time to mess around with input lag testing though. Input lag is the real question here. Couple combos I tried seemed ok, but they were loose timing anyway.

Even if they fix it, it kinda pisses me off and sours me on the port.

thatJohann

We need before / after pics regarding the Anisotropic filtering tweak. I'm curious if the training stage looks less blurry than before.

Is it bad that I can to do EWGF consistently but can't do a charge special consistently online? I don't notice a change in the input lag, but I am new to SF so i can't really tell.

thatJohann

Someone posted this on twitter. The AF does seem better, right? Can someone post a before shot too?

CGlw_sgW0AAeoUr.jpg:orig

Edzi

The one good thing that came out of all this is that it's made me go back to learning SF3 Third Strike. I'm terrible, but goddamn is that game fun.

Arzehn

Fubarduck posted some input lag tests:

Current input lag results for USF4 (including new 1.02 patch for PS4). Needs more work indeed. 7.2f - PS4 (1.02) 6.4f - PS3 5.1f - X360

Patch reduced about a frame?

Edit:These results might be from @DisplayLag

Aokage

Pretty nice guy (apart from the blue shadows thing...)
Is it me or is the contrast off in some stages?

It's not you.

If anything, the PS4 version at least woke me up to how great the PC version is. In a tizzy I bought it for $14.99, and PC is so superior to every other version it's not even funny. My GPU is ancient yet the game runs at max everything at 130fps-ish. The input lag is 360-level or better. There's absolutely no reason the PS4 version should be this problematic. None. Just none.

nikos

Is it just me, or does the announcer seem way more chatty now? Never heard him commentate so much.

Also, the Diner level seems more laggy than other levels. Wasn't this a problem in the PS3 version at one point?

zoobzone

Is it just me, or does the announcer seem way more chatty now? Never heard him commentate so much.

Also, the Diner level seems more laggy than other levels. Wasn't this a problem in the PS3 version at one point?

Considering the PS4 version probably a port from the PS3 version that could be possible.

On a side note my friend initially got the Sony customer rep in chat to approve the refund, only to wait over a weekend with email saying all sales are final and there won't be any refund.

Wish Sony would change the refund policy to something similar to Steam's one.

He literally told me he'll never buy another fighting game because of this shit game. Fuck you Sony, Fuck you Capcom, Fuck you Other Ocean for holding back the FGC growth.

BizzyBum

Menus are back to normal which is nice. Played some green bar connections that were decent.

The input lag still kills it though. Too tough for me to play proper footsies and have good reactions with the lag.

First patch was a step in the right direction, though.

Just realized how much I miss playing with my PS4 controller. This new DS4 is more comfortable, but I prefer the form factor on DS3. Man, why didn't Sony release a connector so we can play DS3. Is that for profit, cuz it's stupid. I think many people wouldn't use it.

Boke1879

Menus are back to normal which is nice. Played some green bar connections that were decent.

The input lag still kills it though. Too tough for me to play proper footsies and have good reactions with the lag.

First patch was a step in the right direction, though.

Once the input lag is fixed would you say this would be one of the best versions along with these changes?

Boke1879

Considering the PS4 version probably a port from the PS3 version that could be possible.

On a side note my friend initially got the Sony customer rep in chat to approve the refund, only to wait over a weekend with email saying all sales are final and there won't be any refund.

Wish Sony would change the refund policy to something similar to Steam's one.

He literally told me he'll never buy another fighting game because of this shit game. Fuck you Sony, Fuck you Capcom, Fuck you Other Ocean for holding back the FGC growth.

This is a bit much and honestly makes no sense. I bet you'll see him around when SFV launches.

Once the input lag is fixed would you say this would be one of the best versions along with these changes?
yeah, it should be the defnitive version. Having all the costumes and colors is nice, digital version, Ultra mode is good fun. Just really need to get that lag out of there and I hope I can use different controllers. I play on PS3/PS1 pads and I really don't feel like learning stick right now.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Menus work well. Lot less lag online. TE2 PS4 lag is unknown to me but feels good. Lot happier now honestly.

Top Bottom