• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter IV on PS4 is much, much better now. Bless.

Dai101

Banned
Their horrific teeth is all I can concentrate on.

image.php

Skilletor

Guys, I think this was Sony's plan all along. Release a busted version so that it would be pulled from Evo and then from the Capcom Pro Tour. That way, they won't have to pony up that $500k because the game won't be played on PS4.

You realize that the 500k is divided among all of the CPT tourneys, yes? That Sony has already contributed a large sum of money toward the series of tourneys?

nikos

Perhaps this was patched in a version of Ultra, or my timing was off, but does Sakura's ex tatsu, lp srk, ultra 2 (upwards/kicks) not work anymore? Just whiffed this twice, in the corner, but it could have very well been my timing.

But maybe Sony does.

Well they must have paid rock bottom prices to get a quality studio like Other Ocean to handle the port. So yes, all the money they made off of suckers like me or those in the FGC who had to buy this version to stat competitive can go to compensation for those who bought this mess. Lord knows its never going to be completely fixed. We will get a couple of patches and then that's it, whatever state its in at that point is it forever.

It's so bad that you cant use normal SF4 tactics. Forget frame traps and 1 frame links. Its crazy how people are actually playing this. I'm stuck playing this version at the moment. Only reason why I'm playing it. Lol

Still no word on the patch? I assume it's coming tomorrow, it would be nice to know what it contains. Like I said before. I don't expect them to fix everything at first. But at least fix the menu lag, PSN ID placement, and add AF for now. Even then I think that might be expecting too much but who knows.

I really want this version to be fixed soon because I really love the convenience of being able to play it on PS4. It's really nice to be able to think of a set up or some kind of idea, boot the PS4 and immediately go into training mode within something like 15 seconds. The uploading features are also really nice since we can record training room stuff and not just matches. So hopefully they can get it done sooner rather than later.

Edzi

Still no word on the patch? I assume it's coming tomorrow, it would be nice to know what it contains. Like I said before. I don't expect them to fix everything. But at least fix the menu lag, PSN ID placement, and add AF for now. Even then I think that might be expecting too much but who knows.

I really really want this version to be fixed soon but I really love the convenience of being able to play it on PS4. It's really nice to be able to think of a set up or some kind of idea, boot the PS4 and immediately go into training mode within something like 15 seconds. The uploading features are also really nice since we can record training room stuff and not just matches. So hopefully they can get it done sooner rather than later.

The fact that we haven't heard any patch details yet even though they promised they'd keep us updated worries me, but then again it's only 2 days into the week so far so maybe I'm being crazy.

Onemic

Still no word on the patch? I assume it's coming tomorrow, it would be nice to know what it contains. Like I said before. I don't expect them to fix everything. But at least fix the menu lag, PSN ID placement, and add AF for now. Even then I think that might be expecting too much but who knows.

I really really want this version to be fixed soon but I really love the convenience of being able to play it on PS4. It's really nice to be able to think of a set up or some kind of idea, boot the PS4 and immediately go into training mode within something like 15 seconds. The uploading features are also really nice since we can record training room stuff and not just matches. So hopefully they can get it done sooner rather than later.

Ya, I'd actually like to use my ps4 version, rather than it just being a waste of space on my HDD.

Kei-

Hmm, so I got my refund credited back into my PSN account today, but I can still play the game...this happen with anyone else that got a refund? And is this normal?

CLEEK

Hmm, so I got my refund credited back into my PSN account today, but I can still play the game...this happen with anyone else that got a refund? And is this normal?

It seems normal. I don't think Sony can remove games from your system. They just remove them from your download list, which they seem pretty slack at doing.

I got a refund for Driveclub, but could still play it and for a while, it was still in my library/download list. Got the subsequent patches etc

Not sure when it was removed from my download list, but when I upgraded my HDD a few months later, it was no longer available to download.

Kei-

It seems normal. I don't think Sony can remove games from your system. They just remove them from your download list, which they seem pretty slack at doing.

I got a refund for Driveclub, but could still play it and for a while, it was still in my library/download list. Got the subsequent patches etc

Not sure when it was removed from my download list, but when I upgraded my HDD a few months later, it was no longer available to download.

Ah, I see. Seems you're right. When I pull it up on the store, it says to add to cart instead of "Start" like it does for other games I own. Well, I'll be upgrading my hard drive in the future, so I'll lose access then. I will try it after the patch to see if I wanna play it.

How did you get a refund? I got the "run around" and the Sony rep said it's Capcom's issue and wait for a patch :(

Tried to get a refund for the fourth time and was shut down by PSN CS again. Fuckers, seriously considering the Xbox One and buying another Wii U(sold mine like a month ago) after this shit show. Phil Spencer did promise a big E3. This is some early PS3 era fuckery.

thelastword

Banned
Every time the game does something weird it crashes on me. Fought a Ryu player online, he was able to hurricane through me. Try to stand block and spd, nope, goes right through, happened several times. It's weird, one time the ryu player tatsu'd on wakeup, but this time I blocked it crouching (db), nope, it look like he hopped right over me and kept on tatsu-ing away, the animation looked really weird, that hop was something special. As soon as the KO hit the screen it crashed.

This is similar to what happened with the Gouken player I fought, I tried to ultra 1 him with Zangief twice (at point blank range) and it missed both times. The game then crashed after the K.O in similar fashion to the above. Hope the patch lands today, really want to see the changes, online is woeful though, the lag and delay is ridiculous. I can barely find a game that plays well.

Percy

Banned
Tried to get a refund for the fourth time and was shut down by PSN CS again. Fuckers, seriously considering the Xbox One and buying another Wii U(sold mine like a month ago) after this shit show. Phil Spencer did promise a big E3. This is some early PS3 era fuckery.

Good idea. Get an Xbox One and you'll never have to worry about shitty ports of games again... Errr...

I got screwed out of a refund to the agent I was talking to had a pissy mood and typed like an asshole ..

delSai

If the patch doesn't help i'll try to get a refund.. even though im not sure if its worth it, seems to be a hassle.

If the patch doesn't help i'll try to get a refund.. even though im not sure if its worth it, seems to be a hassle.

I don't get why they are making a big deal out of it I got a refund on a 60$ game because I got the disc cheaper and didn't want to wait on the digital version to unlock but with SF4U they are going into turtle mode

The game will work for some days, but eventually stop working, with a psn error.

It happened to me with MKX refund because of the region lock on multiplayer. Worked after refund for almost a week, them started give errors when trying to start the game.

ys45

So what the hell is going with the PS4 ? It is suppose to be easy to program for, more powerful than the XBox one and yet it's getting the worse ports, its last gen all over again .
Witcher 3 from what I hear ,is running worse than the X-Box One Version and now this .

Sorry if this is slightly off topic

sirap

So what the hell is going with the PS4 ? It is suppose to be easy to program for, more powerful than the XBox one and yet it's getting the worse ports, its last gen all over again .
Witcher 3 from what I hear ,is running worse than the X-Box One Version and now this .

Wut?

thelastword

Banned

The majority of conversions are better on PS4, like any generation you just get some really bad ports or bad jobs by certain developers. It has nothing to do with the hardware or the development environment for the most part.

Strangely, well not so strangely, most of the bad ports are from Capcom or are Capcom games...USF4, RE-R2, RE-Remake, DmC(No AF) etc..

The majority of conversions are better on PS4, like any generation you just get some really bad ports or bad jobs by certain developers. It has nothing to do with the hardware or the development environment for the most part.

Strangely, well not so strangely, most of the bad ports are from Capcom or are Capcom games...USF4, RE-R2, RE-Remake, DMC4 (No AF) etc..

Pretty sure you mean DmC there, considering DMC4SE isn't even out yet. At least AF was patched in relatively quickly in that case.

What was wrong with the Resident Evil ports, though?

thelastword

Banned
I made this video about Street Fighter IV on PS4, It's not good but I tried.
Be outraged quieter sealed it, well put together..

Seven Force said:
Pretty sure you mean DmC there, considering DMC4SE isn't even out yet. At least AF was patched in relatively quickly in that case.

What was wrong with the Resident Evil ports, though?
And you'd be right.

Don't want to go off-topic any further, check the Digital Foundry face-off for these games and their corresponding neogaf threads.

ys45

Strangely, well not so strangely, most of the bad ports are from Capcom or are Capcom games...USF4, RE-R2, RE-Remake, DMC4 (No AF) etc..

Ok maybe I jumped the gun too quickly with this comment, but I got the impression that a lot of games were worse on PS4 and now that you mention it they are games from Capcom

Il show myself out

thatJohann

Has Capcom / Other Ocean announced what the patch will include?

HEre's what I hope for:
  • Fixed menu lag
  • AA and AF added to graphics
  • White balance fixed
  • Ability to skip cutscenes and fast forward game with X button (instead of just the Options button)

Edzi

The patch is now live.

03_usf4patch01.jpg

03_usf4patch02.jpg

No mention of the input lag? Though AF will probably make people happy. I probably won't buy it until/if they ever fulfill their original promise of having less lag than the ps3 version, since I'd feel ripped off otherwise.

airjoca

They don't say they added AF, they say they changed it to look less blurry.

How can they change something that's not there though?

Top Bottom