• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon will feature BRAND NEW POKEMON

Forkball

The new Pokemon definitely caught me off guard. I mean, are they after Marshadow in the Pokedex? I wonder what's the dealio.

Still wish we got more info on new features. There's a new beach! Ok... what can you do there? Anything? A disco ball Pokemon? Ok...

Macka

See I told you that Ultra Sun and Moon would be a third version with a twist and I was freaking right.

"Nothing new" my arse
Eh, a few (ugly) new Pokemon won't shake up the game very much. We already knew 90% of the stuff in that trailer.

ionitron

I know for an absolute fact within a reasonable margin of doubt I saw the names UB Assembly and UB Burst in a /vp/ leak last month. I'm just hoping somebody saved it and reposts it.

EDIT: Although, I have to admit, I've been wrong before... I'm sure we'll know soon enough. I shouldn't use such strong language. I was just excited.

But "Assembly" and "Burst" rang an immediate bell as soon as I saw them.

Double edit: Although I see people on /vp/ posting about it too, asking if anyone remembers it. So it happened!

Plot thickens.

Li Kao

Remake with added content, similar to Emerald, Platinum, etc. Necrozma is involved in the plot this time.

oh shit...

So there is no 'need' for me to play the first one, that's not a part 2 thing ? It's indeed the tradition with Pokemon to do these third definitive versions but with the heavier emphasis on plot of the last few episodes I wasn't sure if it would be the case this time.

brinstar

So there is no 'need' for me to play the first one, that's not a part 2 thing ? It's indeed the tradition with Pokemon to do these third definitive versions but with the heavier emphasis on plot of the last few episodes I wasn't sure if it would be the case this time.

Yeah don't worry it's more a definitive version deal like before. There's a few moments in the trailer are just like from the original game, just remixed. You should be fine just jumping in this.

Plot thickens.

I'm basically constantly refreshing the catalog looking for somebody to repost that screencap and it's not appearing. It's kind of making me skeptical. Surely somebody would have posted it by now.

And yet, I remember the names Assembly and Burst. And I saw three different posts in existing threads asking if anyone else remembers it.

I hope this isn't a collective delusion because I got really excited and now nothing is popping up.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
This is the only leak with any supporting evidence I've seen...

pHRMzfG.jpg

This was posted BEFORE USUM was revealed (note the USUM which is the poster's "trip code"), but all it's got right beyond that was Necrozma Formes and new UB.

Watch Da Birdie

Okay, it seems at one point you can spot Mienfoo who wasn't in the Alola Dex in S/M.

I like that because I felt the Alola Dex was kind of underwhelming...I mean I only use New Pokemon anyway, but variety is nice. Plus that hopefully means badass new S/M style PokeDex entries.

Eh, a few (ugly) new Pokemon won't shake up the game very much. We already knew 90% of the stuff in that trailer.

We did? We got confirmation the Necrozma is the center of the story and new areas. We also found out we get the starters in a different way. Getting 2 new UB is something never done before because that's expanding the dex which doesn't happen unless it's a Mythical and we usually know about that in advance. Your expectations must be through the roof when this isn't a new gen.

Though it's not on you or me for Game Freak/Nintendo to sell you on these games. If you're not excited or at the very least looking forward for these games then Game Freak/Nintendo failed.

I'll be there day one though

Yes, it's the same story but altered

Is it really? Necrozma is the "center of the story", you meet your starters in a different way. I know it may seem minor and it may not differ wildly from Sun/Moon but it comes of... I don't know.... I need to see more before I can give a solid opinion.

brinstar

Is it really? Necrozma is the "center of the story", you meet your starters in a different way. I know it may seem minor and it may not differ wildly from Sun/Moon but it comes of... I don't know.... I need to see more before I can give a solid opinion.

Well the degree to which it's being altered will remain to be seen but the point is you won't need to have played S/M to know what's going on in US/UM. You can see shots of the main character meeting Lillie and Nebby, encountering a UB with Lusamine, etc.

We did? We got confirmation the Necrozma is the center of the story and new areas. We also found out we get the starters in a different way. Getting 2 new UB is something never done before because that's expanding the dex which doesn't happen unless it's a Mythical and we usually know about that in advance. Your expectations must be through the roof when this isn't a new gen.

Though it's not on you or me for Game Freak/Nintendo to sell you on these games. If you're not excited or at the very least looking forward for these games then Game Freak/Nintendo failed.

I'll be there day one though

Yet they managed to do a much better job hyping things up with the older 3rd version releases.

How about some post-game content?

Well the degree to which it's being altered will remain to be seen but the point is you won't need to have played S/M to know what's going on in US/UM. You can see shots of the main character meeting Lillie and Nebby, encountering a UB with Lusamine, etc.

Point
went right over my head. I'm just excited to be talking about new news. Don't mind me too much.

Yet they managed to do a much better job hyping things up with the older 3rd version releases.

Dude, I'm not Game Freak or Nintendo. If I knew info like that I would run a YouTube channel or site where I can make some cash as I pass it off as rumors.

Also, I wasn't around for the other 3rd version except Yellow and Crystal and back then there wasn't a internet to really follow the hype like there is now so I wouldn't know how they've hyped up the previous 3rd version and this release seems fine for me. Yeah I rather know more but ehh.. what can you do other then wait and see?

Edit: I mean nothing by my post. I have a hard time understanding people's meaning through the net.

Li Kao

Point
went right over my head. I'm just excited to be talking about new news. Don't mind me too much.

Dude, I'm not Game Freak or Nintendo. If I knew info like that I would run a YouTube channel or site where I can make some cash as I pass it off as rumors.

Also, I wasn't around for the other 3rd version except Yellow and Crystal and back then there wasn't a internet to really follow the hype like there is now so I wouldn't know how they've hyped up the previous 3rd version and this release seems fine for me. Yeah I rather know more but ehh.. what can you do other then wait and see?

I think the poster is critisizing TPC job, not you.

Macka

We saw the scene of the MC interacting with all three starters in a different way in the last batch of footage. We knew about Dusk Lycanroc obviously. Is anyone truly surprised that Necrozma is at the centre of the story? People called that those armored forms were probably fusions/possessions when they were first revealed. Based on the updated map we already knew about the new beach area, and we saw the Pikachu field in the last trailer as well. So yes, we knew 90% of it.

The only new stuff was the UB's.

brinstar

Did they? I don't remember any significant difference with how they've been handling this. All they can do is focus on the stuff they've added to the game. I can't imagine we'll hear about any postgame facility until right before release.

Forkball

Some more general info

Art
DJpHj3DVAAAJrMs.jpg

Japan is getting a Poke Ball AND Pikachu New 2DS LL
b37b4890ff12abd0a1fcc27e1a3dd635f0380454.jpg

172f8529a146e08ebe1c4aaa800cb1c2d9ac9a5b.jpg

a7eb7fae11c7a7d32b3733a01420c7e96897fefb.jpg

You get some toys if you preorder the game at a Pokemon Center and an art book if you preorder both
6f4e1768ad4c7742d163e1bcd5826601ef23d82d.jpg

113dcdce0ddfc67ddc4f76be7af3d958a189bd5a.jpg

Mr-Joker

Banned

flagpole.gif

There's just no pleasing people.

They're Ultra Beasts so they don't count to me. You just described them as creatures from another dimension.

If your gonna pull that whole they aren't Pokémon because they are from another dimension then by your logic there are other Pokémon that aren't Pokémon because are are from space or in another dimension.

Ultra Beast are Pokémon but look so drastically different because they live Ultra space which is a harsh environment.

I guess that's why the national dex was missing.

Good point.

Makes me wonder how the story is going to down and what will be the same?

We already know that the opening will be different.

Awful ultra beasts, lol. Pokemon definitely jumped the shark with these... things.

Nah that would be Megas, those look pretty tame.

This is so weird. I'm lurking /vp/ right now and have seen several posts referencing a leak that mentioned the new UBs by name. This is the same supposed post that I thought I remembered as soon as the new Pokémon were shown.

But there seems to be disagreement over whether this post actually exists.

There are references to this post in several threads on the board, but nobody can find it. Normally I would just chalk this up to stupid trolling or the same person posting in every thread, but I remember the post too. I specifically went to /vp/ to see if somebody reposted it. But all I see are people saying they remember it and other people saying there's nothing in the archive.

Too weird! Apparently the post is from Ultra Space and doesn't exist. But something about these new UBs made a bunch of people remember a leak that doesn't exist. Or does it?

The form names annoy me

Why are they the opposite?

Shouldn't it be Dawn Mane and Dusk Wings instead of Dusk Mane and Dawn Wings?

Is it because Necrozma is a prism? Eh

We saw the scene of the MC interacting with all three starters in a different way in the last batch of footage. We knew about Dusk Lycanroc obviously. Is anyone truly surprised that Necrozma is at the centre of the story? People called that those armored forms were probably fusions/possessions when they were first revealed. Based on the updated map we already knew about the new beach area, and we saw the Pikachu field in the last trailer as well. So yes, we knew 90% of it.

The only new stuff was the UB's.

I am going to treat Game Freak like I treated the Army when it comes to info meaning if I'm staring at a Psyduck I'm not saying it's a Psyduck until Game Freak says it's a Psyduck.

Why?

Zyguarde and Pokémon Z

Zyguarde new form and the actual roll Zyguarde actually played in Sun/Moon.

It's the whole fool me once thing.

I treated this Necrozma form from when they first showed it months ago like it's going to be a whole other Zyguarde and Pokémon Z situation. As for the new areas, I took that bit of info that there may be more areas besides what you mentioned/ we've seen but we just need to wait until we seen more.

I'm not gonna be too excited unless we get a lot more non-legendary/UB Pokemon. But B&W 2 didn't really do that either so I guess this will follow suit.

Watch Da Birdie

I've been searching /vp/ archives too...there were a few leaks that mentioned new UB, but only one I saw mentioned name and they were like "Virus" and "Cell" or something like that.

Maybe people remembered that and misremembered seeing Burst and Assembly?

The new UBs look FANTASTIC and I'm so glad we got more of them. The UB thing is such a masterfully executed design series. Burst could wind up being my new favorite. It has, like, the same colors as Alolan Muk tho which is odd.

Here's hoping we get even more new UBs, and some new Alolan forms too.

Been following your post. I hope it shows up and if it does you share it's contents here. I don't understand how to use /vp/

You're not missing much. It's a lousy board that is entirely devoid of any sort of substance or merit.

But sometimes stuff gets leaked there.

But yeah, if the post people collectively misremembered hasn't been found yet, it probably doesn't exist. So I'm going to say this is just some mystery of the universe and group deja vu. Don't wait with baited breath. I shouldn't have posted until I saw something with my own eyes.

I've been searching /vp/ archives too...there were a few leaks that mentioned new UB, but only one I saw mentioned name and they were like "Virus" and "Cell" or something like that.

Maybe people remembered that and misremembered seeing Burst and Assembly?

This is the most compelling justification I've seen so far. While they don't ring a bell to me, this is probably it. Or at least something similar.

Watch Da Birdie

Yeah, especially as I think someone could've looked at how Burst kind of looks like a virus and then think of that leak.

BTW what's the Japanese names of the new UB?

Not

Banned
I love the UB designs. Buzzwole, Xurkitree, Guzzlord, you kidding me?

Some of my favorite Pokémon designs ever.

Forkball

The new Necrozma forms are called Solar Eclipse Necrozma and Lunar Eclipse Necrozma in Japanese. Pokemon Eclipse lives.

The first news about this game to genuinely excite me. I'm not expecting them to add any non-UBs, though.

I really like Burst's style, so It's good that I'm planning on getting UltSun.

Ravidrath

I can't say I like UB Burst, because fuck clowns. Game Freak is, like, the #2 Japanese company for unnecessary clowns, right after Level 5.

But I like the UBs in general just because the designs are so weird and pushed, sometimes veering into SMT design territory. And it nicely mimics how pushed their stats are.

The first news about this game to genuinely excite me. I'm not expecting them to add any non-UBs, though.

Yeah, I think UBs gave them a little more license to add things, but I could also see them potentially adding new event Pokemon. Just because so far Gen 7 has the fewest number of event Pokemon ever.

If they're adding all new Pokemon, I think new Alolan forms are pretty much guaranteed, though.

Top Bottom