• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Unboxing the 500 Million LE PS4 Pro

sublimit

Banned

Join us as we unbox the 500 Million Limited Edition PS4 Pro, celebrating over 500,000,000 PlayStations sold and countless more adventures conquered. The Limited Edition Bundle includes a PS4 Pro Console with a 2TB Hard Drive, DUALSHOCK4 wireless controller, PlayStation Camera, and Vertical Stand. The DUALSHOCK4 as well as a Limited Edition 500 Million Gold Headset will also be sold separately (release timing and availability will vary by country and region). Visit PlayStation.Blog for full details and release information.

I was never a fan of translucent electronics but i have to admit this looks really really sexy. Also that 2TB internal hard drive is super nice.

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.

It looks nice, glad to see translucent consoles making a return. I don't have a PS4 Pro yet, so maybe this is the one (or Spider-Man).

MilkyJoe

Colin_Farrel-Disgusted.gif

Sony suck at this

Rodolink

I´ve been hesitant to upgrade the old PS4, (specially with a PS5 coming not so far away) but I gotta say this looks very tempting.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Cool for collectors I guess, but I'm waiting for a newer model with better venting to replace my OG PS4 Jet Engine Turbo Takeoff Edition.

GamesAreFun

Banned
Shame it's the Pro, I think the standard PS4 model has a nicer design. I laughed at the "premium blue bag"... it's just a bag.

God Enel

Why you hating on it? I think it looks awesome. Maybe I'm gonna buy it as i don't have a PS4. Though it has to be available in Germany.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
This is an amazing callback to the super rare "100 made" Marine Blue PSX console that was released to celebrate 10 Million consoles sold. If I had the money, I would buy this in an instant - but sadly I have to wait a number of years and purchase it at a mark up. Not sure if a lot of people do not remember that rare console, but for collectors this is a perfect call back and a wonderful piece to obtain.

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
Cool for collectors I guess, but I'm waiting for a newer model with better venting to replace my OG PS4 Jet Engine Turbo Takeoff Edition.
Isn't the PS4 Slim pretty quiet?

sublimit

Banned
I´ve been hesitant to upgrade the old PS4, (specially with a PS5 coming not so far away) but I gotta say this looks very tempting.
Yup same here.I actually a bought a 2nd PS4 (Slim) a year ago but this looks very tempting indeed just for the sexy design alone.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Isn't the PS4 Slim pretty quiet?
If I replaced my console, I would upgrade to a Pro. I've heard of similar issues with certain Pro models so I'm just gonna wait until later in the generation to make the upgrade, assuming Sony offers a revision to the Pro (which I think they will). The Slim is cool and all but I'm not interested in picking one up for the quieter fan alone.

GamesAreFun

Banned
This is an amazing callback to the super rare "100 made" Marine Blue PSX console that was released to celebrate 10 Million consoles sold. If I had the money, I would buy this in an instant - but sadly I have to wait a number of years and purchase it at a mark up. Not sure if a lot of people do not remember that rare console, but for collectors this is a perfect call back and a wonderful piece to obtain.
It also reminds me of the Midnight Blue PS2 variant.

playstation-2-playstation-2-midnight-blue.jpg

Last edited:

Kagero

Screw the haters. This is nice.

1. 20th Anniversary
2. mgsv special edition
3. 500 mil special edition

sits in my top three.

Speedwagon

1. 20th Anniversary
2. mgsv special edition

sits in my top three.
If I get this, I will have 2 of those... Would have gotten the 20th Anniversary one, too, if I didn't have to use my phone because I was at PSX and the website would not load (too much wireless interference) :lollipop_pensive:

Last edited:

petrus91

1. 20th Anniversary
2. mgsv special edition

sits in my top three.
Agreed, I actually don’t like this one but man, those two PS4s (20th, MGS V) are on a league on their own. Among the best LE consoles ever made.

Kagero

If I get this, I will have 2 of those... Would have gotten the 20th Anniversary one, too, if I didn't have to use my phone because I was at PSX and the website would not load (too much wireless interference) :lollipop_pensive:
I would be pissed as hell! You lost out on the best one! Sorry didn't mean to rub salt in to the wound.

Speedwagon

IDK man, the jury is still out on this one. Hung out to dry.

450_1000.jpg
I'll be blunt... It looks like one of those sex toys that imitates a woman's buttocks

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
There is a reason they are only showing it in dark rooms. This is the kind of console you bring home after a few too many drinks at the bar.

Last edited:
I think it looks great. But it's for collectors only. If I got one it'd be kept in its box and just for show. Transparent shiny plastic gets scratched like nothing else.

I'm still holding out for the PS4 Pro Slim revision... Whenever you're ready Sony.

Last edited:

Speedwagon

I think it looks great. But it's for collectors only. If I got one it'd be kept in its box and just for show. Transparent shiny plastic gets scratched like nothing else.

I'm still holding out for the PS4 Pro Slim revision... Whenever you're ready Sony.
Do you really think they'll make a PS4 Pro Slim? I think they'll just go straight to PS5. PS4 Pro was already niche.

Do you really think they'll make a PS4 Pro Slim? I think they'll just go straight to PS5. PS4 Pro was already niche.

It's a good question. I think that they will, even if the PS5 is coming next year. The PS4 is such a huge + profitable platform that a slim & cheaper (to manufacture) version of the Pro should be a given. But we've never had a hardware revision half-way through the generation before so it's anyone's guess as to what Sony is going to do. They might just replace the Pro SKU with the PS5 next year and keep the slim PS4.

sublimit

Banned
I think there are more chances of a regular PS4 Super Slim to happen (at an even more budget price) than a PS4 Pro Slim.

Last edited:

onQ123

I'm reading the title over & over trying to make sense of it then I realized that it's 500 Million PlayStation units sold & not just PS4s

God Enel

IDK man, the jury is still out on this one. Hung out to dry.

450_1000.jpg

this is the funniest thing I've seen in a while XD I wonder how many of those were sold.

I want to know where I can buy this PS4 Pro. On the german psblog it says that it will be available on the 24th of august.
"Es wird zahlreiche Möglichkeiten geben, die 500 Million Limited Edition PlayStation 4 Pro zu gewinnen. Außerdem ist sie ab dem 24. August bei ausgewählten Anbietern in ganz Europa* erhältlich. "

Last edited:
Top Bottom