• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Unboxing the 500 Million LE PS4 Pro

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Anyone else think this needs to be a lighter see-thru? I can’t even see the inside components as is, just looks like a tinted console with blue streaks

AlexxKidd

IDK man, the jury is still out on this one. Hung out to dry.

450_1000.jpg

I came here for the Pro, I stayed here for this.

theHFIC

i'll try to get one to replace my current PS4 Pro, but I am not going to like get up in the middle of the night for a pre-sale or wait in line for one of these things. Definitely going to try to get one of those controllers though for sure.

Last edited:

thelastword

Banned
Looks pretty slick, glad more PRO's are in the making since there have been shortages since launch worldwide, that and the spiderman bundle should be a good number of PRO's available in the coming months....

First to a 1 billion systems wins ;) Halfway there, yet, that's alot of systems innit...

onQ123

Do you really think they'll make a PS4 Pro Slim? I think they'll just go straight to PS5. PS4 Pro was already niche.

Why wouldn't they make a PS4 Pro Slim? if they move to 7nm it will reduce the size of the power supply & so on so it would only make sense for them to make the PS4 Pro smaller.

camelCase

People really hating on this? It's gorgeous. I just hate them for the fact that the controller isn't pack in, like dude, come on. 500 euros and you can't pack in that nice ass controller. For . Shaaaaaaaaaaaame.

Ulysses 31

People really hating on this? It's gorgeous. I just hate them for the fact that the controller isn't pack in, like dude, come on. 500 euros and you can't pack in that nice ass controller. For . Shaaaaaaaaaaaame.
I'm pretty sure it comes with that special controller also, it's just that it can also be bought separately for a limited time.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I'm pretty sure it comes with that special controller also, it's just that it can also be bought separately for a limited time.

Yeah, lol.

Just like the UC4 one, and the 25th anniversary. Both sold separately as well if someone wanted a matching set, or did not score the console but still liked the controller.

DonF

I like the design, I don't see the relevancy of the colors, the connection between the design and 500 mill.. but still, cool looking console and accessories

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I like the design, I don't see the relevancy of the colors, the connection between the design and 500 mill.. but still, cool looking console and accessories

Blue is PlayStation's color, and they did this Midnight Blue for 10 million back with the PS1.

playstation-playstation-10-million-midnight-blue-scph-7000w.jpg

Then the PS2 one (just after the 3 types of 50 million edition consoles).

0ebc119e-78f7-11e6-95d9-ddcad38f73c4.jpg

Last edited:

Revas

I was thinking of getting the Spidey bundle but I'd love to get one of these instead. I wonder how hard it'll be to get.

Dargor

I was thinking of getting the Spidey bundle but I'd love to get one of these instead. I wonder how hard it'll be to get.

If the number shown in the little placard in the video is accurate, there will be 50k of them.

Basoes

I don't care for Destiny anymore but I think the Destiny PS4 is the best one

81kIfIY%2BmPL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:

Macrotus

I wish it wasn't so glossy. I can easily imagine you'll see lots of fingerprints all over your controller.
Why couldn't they go with a matte finish... Then I personally would have loved how it looked.

Bryank75

Banned
Would have been the perfect design for a water-cooled Pro.... super silent version. That would be the best upgrade.

//DEVIL//

Does anyone know where we can preorder ? Or when for that matter ? I want one and I don't want to pay ebayers extra

petrus91

I don't care for Destiny anymore but I think the Destiny PS4 is the best one

81kIfIY%2BmPL._SL1500_.jpg
Dude I totally forgot about this one. That was simply AMAZING back then, unlucky me not having the possibility at the time. Much much better than the white SKU.

TimFL

I don‘t know, why would anyone buy this other than reselling it later on? This is afaik 100€ more and looks worse than a normal version. You‘re better off buying a bundle with a game included imho.

Ugly by all means, but I like the idea of bringing back translucent. Only PSone did it right, in fact that was considered one of the few console modern art piece alongside the Gamecube back in it's time, that time is far, faaar...

Also that packages makes no-sense: bundling a Playstation camera for what? What about a second move controllers with it, or instead a second dualshock, or heck even a PSVR if they're including a PS camera...?

Breakage

The minimalist translucent packaging that the console comes in looks very smart. The actual console: not so much. The triple-layer Pro is an ugly console. It's a step back from the more angular, sleeker original PS4. And the placement of the iconic light bar on the Pro still baffles me.

Last edited:
Top Bottom