• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Unboxing the 500 Million LE PS4 Pro

dolabla

That looks amazing. Is it only going to be sold online? Or both online and in store? And has there been any announcement which stores are going to carry it?

I remember I tried to get that 20th anniversary PS4 and it was a total disaster. The Sony website kept crashing.

Last edited:

Valonquar

Personally, I like my discrete block box hidden in my entertainment console. I don't need bright ass LEDs all over everything when I'm trying to game or watch a movie with the lights dimmed/off.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Those images are computer generated not pictures of a real model. It seems like a fan concept.

If only that were so...

https://www.geek.com/games/microsoft-creates-a-custom-audi-r8-xbox-one-s-1672325/

That looks amazing. Is it only going to be sold online? Or both online and in store? And has there been any announcement which stores are going to carry it?

I remember I tried to get that 20th anniversary PS4 and it was a total disaster. The Sony website kept crashing.

Supposedly at multiple retailers now.

Last edited:

Kagero

Translucent consoles should be way more fun to look at than this. Copper is a nice touch, though.
I prefer the subtlety of this though. I normally hate transparent consoles but this looks slick because of the little hints of see through and copper details.

Toe-Knee

Game UK are apparently opening preorders 3 days before launch.

Thats for in store purchases.

But i would take it with a grain of salt as they've misled me regarding dates in the past.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I'll be blunt... It looks like one of those sex toys that imitates a woman's buttocks

You can have the tiddies/headbeams to match.

maxresdefault.jpg

demigod

People really hating on this? It's gorgeous. I just hate them for the fact that the controller isn't pack in, like dude, come on. 500 euros and you can't pack in that nice ass controller. For . Shaaaaaaaaaaaame.

Check their post history and you will get your answer. Sony does make a lot of crappy LE's and some are decent. This one actually looks good.

Kagero

After seeing the high res shot of this I can't see how anyone can say this is ugly. I place it in my top two for sure!

//DEVIL//

For those feeling brave with deep(er) pockets, amazon.co.jp has resellers shipping worldwide. >.>
I have one pre-ordered there for extra 200$ on top of the regular price ( including tax and shipping. ) Which is Abit steep but I really like the console and if I can't get it for the regular price on Amazon USA or UK, then I'll just go with that preorder i think. That's why I want to know when Amazon USA will open pre orders to try my luck . Any idea guys

Eh, after having a good look at it. The combination of how damn glossy it is, with the light bar illuminating the front of it I'm not super keen on it. Don't get me wrong, it looks amazing but my original PS4 got scratches on the HDD cover just looking at it, and I don't need more LEDs illuminating my room.

I think I will however pick up one of the controllers.

Last edited:

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
At the end of the day they’re just cases, can SONY afford to make them cheaper? They’re not just gonna upgrade vital parts mid gen but one could wish (quieter fans, hdd, lighter cheaper parts etc)

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Holy shit that is bad.

Anyway that 2 tb really makes me consider it time for an upgrade. I'm tired of juggling downloads on my original PS4

If you can't snag one of these, you can always swap your HDD for 2-4TF on the cheap (in comparison) sales.

Tomeru

This console and it's boxing reminds me of JW blue label. It's elegant and beautiful.

Last edited:

YellowFrog

Neo Member
I think it looks good. Am gonna pre-order on Tuesday morning for sure, and if I’m lucky enough to secure one I will cancel my Spider-Man pro console pre-order as this looks better 👍

Leks

Pre-ordered mine at fnac.com (France), yesterday. when the store page bounced between "pre-order" and "out of stock" every second. In the hurry, I forgot to choose home delivery, I'll have to pick it up at their store.

RobRSG

Do anyone know when the pre-orders in Germany are up, and in which stores? I have the Spider-Man bundle pre-ordered, but will cancel if I get the chance to grab one.

Shifty

I'd have to see it in person before deciding whether I like the look or not. The studio lighting in that trailer is a very specific environment that isn't representative of your average living room.

pop_tarts

I'd have to see it in person before deciding whether I like the look or not. The studio lighting in that trailer is a very specific environment that isn't representative of your average living room.
By the time you see it in person, it will be too late

Kagero

There's always a return policy

Translucent electronics was a fad of the late 90s /early 00s, and as such, the main place you see them now is in the electronics pile at the thrift store or in a cardboard box at a yard sale. That's why its impossible for me to look at this thing and see "premium." It actually looks incredibly cheap and toylike.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Some of those alternate color PS2s is about the only time I didn't mind Sony having a different color case for their system.

RobRSG

So for Germany, Saturn and Mediamarkt already went out. I didn't buy, because they made a bundle with extra controller, headset and God pf War for whooping 700€. Waiting for more retailers that doesn't push it that high.

Top Bottom