• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves new pics

mr_nothin said:
I still find KZ2 better looking.
There's alot more effects going on that makes it look very non-gamish.
Uncharted looks like a really really good looking videogame.

If you get what I mean.
They're looks are very different so it's hard for me to know which 1 i like better.

Agreed. To me, Uncharted 2 looks great, but there's just something about the look and feel with KZ2 that puts it ahead of the rest.

DuckRacer

^^^ GoW3 next week? Since when?

The U2:AT vs KZ2 comparisons are a bit pointless at this moment. One game was finished months ago. Another game has many months until release, and we've only seen a handful of screenshots (which could very easily be bullshots) and no gameplay movies.

i think they need to have less shooting sections i realy enjoyed the exploring and jumping part but there where just to many shootings going on in uncharted 1. Its not like indiana jones kills 300 people to get a stupid thing someone dropped in the sand 1000 years ago. oh and also i didnt like the
zombies
at all.
uncharted 2 looks realy amazing tho.

DuckRacer said:
^^^ GoW3 next week? Since when?

The U2:AT vs KZ2 comparisons are a bit pointless at this moment. One game was finished months ago. Another game has many months until release, and we've only seen a handful of screenshots (which could very easily be bullshots) and no gameplay movies.

Please keep up with the thread before posting this "bullshots" nonsense,
ok?

neight

Banned
maniac-kun said:
i think they need to have less shooting sections i realy enjoyed the exploring and jumping part but there where just to many shootings going on in uncharted 1. Its not like indiana jones kills 300 people to get a stupid thing someone dropped in the sand 1000 years ago. oh and also i didnt like the
zombies
at all.
I'm hoping they tone down the shooting too.

The actress who played Elena has got some decent TV roles. She has played a new Dr in the last season of ER, so in a way she has kinda hit it big. My guess is Elena died when Emily Rose gained some stardom.

Melfice7

r78293.jpg

Naughty God is so damn good!!!!!

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Looks and sounds great, this is probably my most anticipated game of the holiday season.

It's a shame his beard looks so fugly, though.

DexterXS

h3ro said:
Beating Uncharted on Crushing last year after the Trophy patch was one of my favorite moments of last year...

Damn, I have a ridiculous backlog right now, but I feel like doing a Fat Drake run through on crushing again...:lol

DUde i just completed it today with all the new trophies

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Finally had some time to look over screens more closely and read previews. Love the additions to controls and gameplay they're adding, like shooting at the shield to tilt it, then running over it to get the enemy from behind.

Easily my most anticipated game for this whole year.

The visuals and the use of color are just so amazing. When I was just glancing over the screens before, the snow wide shot actually made me think it's concept art. So much better lighting, particle work and post processing than in the first game too. It's just crazy how much ND as a team has progressed from their early beginnings.

mr_nothin said:
Uncharted looks like a really really good looking videogame.

If you get what I mean.
They're looks are very different so it's hard for me to know which 1 i like better.
I doubt we'll ever see a super-realistic looking game from ND. It's never been their thing, and I hope they don't go fully in that direction.

Pimpbaa said:
Your fresh air sucks!
No, U! They were amazing characters, all three of them, and I hope Elena and Sully make a comeback cameo. It's too bad cjtiger300 could be right, though. Still, I don't think a non-famous TV actor can ask for too much for some voice work.

templeusox said:
In the Gametrailers interview, they seem to be skirting around the Co-op question. But it will be there. Bet it.

Let's just hope it's not at the expense of the game being a good single player experience.

Makes sense, business wise...but gaming wise, eh...

I don't know why, but co-op cheapens the experience a bit for me in games. Doesn't feel as personal or challenging.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
templeusox said:
In the Gametrailers interview, they seem to be skirting around the Co-op question. But it will be there. Bet it.
If the game has co-op in an RE5-like style I'm going to explode (with happiness).

Private Hoffman said:
Let's just hope it's not at the expense of

I don't know why, but co-op cheapens the experience a bit for me in games. Doesn't feel as personal.
It depends on how well it is implemented, I guess. Having another character tag along with you for the whole game can really add a lot to the way a plot can affect you. It's a totally untapped resource at the moment. I hope games explore it more in the future.

ashism

Rez>You said:
If the game has co-op in an RE5-like style I'm going to explode (with happiness).
This game doesn't need co op to sell me. But if it did have co-op, this would be a life changing experience!

Excited for more of a blending of the climbing and shooting sequences.

Varna

Private Hoffman said:
Let's just hope it's not at the expense of the game being a good single player experience.

I don't know why, but co-op cheapens the experience a bit for me in games. Doesn't feel as personal or challenging.

The only issue would be the non-combat segments which from what I've read will be somewhat expanded in this game. Imagine having to repeat a bunch of areas because your partner couldn't get some jumps right.

Awntawn

I want co-op simply to see how they implement it. There's a lot of room to innovate when it comes to making a co-op action adventure with traversal. They have potential to really take things to a whole new level if they get it right. ;o I seriously doubt that they would sit pat considering all of the people begging for co-op after the first one. Naughty Dog has always been good to their fans.

With or without though, this is gonna be sweet. Can't wait ;D

Jtrizzy

God I wish they would just announce co-op and show us some videos...The interview with Bruce Straley was pretty telling when he started smiling and giglingwhen they asked him about it.

Online Co op or some kind of multiplayer in some form or fashion would be great in this universe and with the control scheme.

Esch

Banned
To those of you who are pining for co-op.... I disagree. I like that Uncharted often feels like a solo journey, that Nathan goes to places alone. The first game had a good balance between isolation and buddy sections, why fuck that up?

I'd much rather have something like MGS's VR missions, where you have to sneak or fight your way toward a certain point against the AI. Hell, maybe that mode could be Co-Op. I guess what I'm trying to say is: adding it in as an afterthought may not be the best thing for Uncharted.

EschatonDX said:
I guess what I'm trying to say is: adding it in as an afterthought may not be the best thing for Uncharted.

Why would you think it'd be an afterthought. When the original came out a lot of people were asking for co-op. So ND knew from then that it was a feature that people wanted. And now the female character that's along with Drake is just like him (a treasure hunter that isn't afraid to fight). If it does happen then it looks like they've designed it that way from the start.

Jtrizzy

I don't want to see it effect the single player at all. I just want more gameplay somehow.

I beat Uncharted 1 about ten times, but I wanted something more.

Esch

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
Why would you think it'd be an afterthought. When the original came out a lot of people were asking for co-op. So ND knew from then that it was a feature that people wanted. And now the female character that's along with Drake is just like him (a treasure hunter that isn't afraid to fight). If it does happen then it looks like they've designed it that way from the start.

I feel like they would have probably announced something like that by now.

Private Hoffman said:
Agreed. To me, Uncharted 2 looks great, but there's just something about the look and feel with KZ2 that puts it ahead of the rest.
LOL You're just going to be beating that damn horse all year aren't you. Not even close to a finished Uncharted 2 yet but of course that won't stop you from deciding now. KZ 2 had a good run but it's time to look ahead :p

Esch

Banned
BobTheFork said:
LOL You're just going to be beating that damn horse all year aren't you. Not even close to a finished Uncharted 2 yet but of course that won't stop you from deciding now. KZ 2 had a good run but it's time to look ahead :p

K2's run hasn't even started yet.

EschatonDX said:
I feel like they would have probably announced something like that by now.

RE5 is a good example of how they can have that feature but not say anything about it. In RE5 we didn't even know Sheva existed for a long time. It just seems odd that they'd tip toe around the question. Guerrilla for example tells people point blank that KZ2 doesn't have co-op.

antiloop said:
Someone should ask them about co-op.
Someone did, but they're being coy. The response was something like "We're concentrating on making the single-player experience absolutely the best it can be." You can take that as denial of co-op, or as "we're not ready to show it".

senahorse

maniac-kun said:
zombies
at all.

I agree with all of this, if it is more of a shooting game than an adventure I will be passing on this. All the comparisons with the first game and Tomb Raider misled me into thinking there would be a good chunk of exploration, which certainly was not the case. Having said that, it's only a few screen shots, hopefully some future info will put me at ease.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
Opened this thread on auto-pilot just now, still drowsy from sleep n stuff, and this is the result.

473884.jpg

Thank you Naughty Dog, how am I going to explain THIS to the cleaners?

Top Bottom