• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves |OT2|

Darkatomz

WOW WHAT THE FUCK. I know my play was really off, but my team just went 3-50 in a TDM game, the first kill wasn't scored until they other team was 35 kills in. And I wasn't the one to score that kill either.

In other news, playing with Glass Jaw without Rapid Hands using Half Loaded sucks :(

Kasra_2x4

Darkatomz said:
WOW WHAT THE FUCK. I know my play was really off, but my team just went 3-50 in a TDM game, the first kill wasn't scored until they other team was 35 kills in. And I wasn't the one to score that kill either.

In other news, playing with Glass Jaw without Rapid Hands using Half Loaded sucks :(
But I think you earned more money than the winner team,Don't forget Unlucky Medals .

jett said:
Don't use negative boosters, why do you people torture yourself like that.
I stopped using them altogether after I reached 60, during the 5x cash saturday. Matches have become a much more enjoyable affair, regardless of the outcome.

Of course, every now and then I have people on the opposite team trying to downplay any good performance I manage to have by saying that I'm not using negatives. Fuck them.

Kasra_2x4

jett said:
Don't use negative boosters, why do you people torture yourself like that.
No pain no gain. :D
I love cashhhhh , I want to buy a house and a car and the Lost City for my vacation on holidays.

Curufinwe

Rez said:
I had trouble beating him on Normal.

I didn't feel like the way you had to play to beat him was actually reflective of the skill-set you'd built up playing the game. Once I got it down pat I didn't have much trouble on Crushing, but the first few times I tried on Normal I was so freaking angry.

I kept getting killed by his grenades on Hard since he throws five at a time. And while I finally beat him playing properly, it was extremely frustrating and no fun. So I don't feel bad about using that glitch to beat him on Crushing.

I actually had to do it twice because I started my Crushing run by doing Chapter 26 first, but to get the Charted - Crushing trophy, you have to beat the final stage last. You can do the other 25 Chapters in any order, though.

JB1981

I seem to be very inconsistent in this game and I think it's attributable to lag. Some games I take people down quick, others it takes a ton of bullets. Do others have this same experience?

jett

D-Member
JB1981 said:
I seem to be very inconsistent in this game and I think it's attributable to lag. Some games I take people down quick, others it takes a ton of bullets. Do others have this same experience?

I think hitting limbs does less damage? Maybe it's that, I dunno. I too have the same problem, constantly, and I don't really get it. :p There's a little sound effect that plays when you get a successful kill, but it plays too late. If ND just made it so it played at the exact time the guy dies(like the "chirp" in KZ2) I think the MP would improve drastically, for me anyway.

Would going into chapter select, and getting the rest of the treasures that way unlock the trophies? I just save over my old save when starting a "new" chapter, and it will count towards my overall count? Or should I just start a new game from the beginning.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Blu_LED said:
Would going into chapter select, and getting the rest of the treasures that way unlock the trophies? I just save over my old save when starting a "new" chapter, and it will count towards my overall count? Or should I just start a new game from the beginning.
Going back into each chapter is fine and it's how I got the trophies.

arne

NotTheGuyYouKill said:
That other UC3 thread was locked, so I'll just leave this here:

http://*************************/2010/10/24/uncharted-3-world-of-deceit-ps3/

It's said the 'World of Deceit' title/concept art is a fake, but the company that the artist works for has SCEA as one of it's clients. Possible connection?

Edit:

Oh, I guess we can't use that link. Didn't know that... my post is now useless

the guy used the Uncharted universe as the basis for mock work for one of his classes and even listed it as such where the pieces were posted:
Uncharted 3 pieces I did for architecture class

so, totally fake and I didn't even have to say so. :) nice try websites who should actually read the sources of their scoops and do some smart investimagating before posting. it's not rocket science.

Ferny

Got the game again after selling it to a buddy and want to know if the multi is still popular as it was a bit back?

Is it just a small, but hardcore group of people?

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Ferny73 said:
Got the game again after selling it to a buddy and want to know if the multi is still popular as it was a bit back?

Is it just a small, but hardcore group of people?
There's a pool of 40k daily players. I can still find full games the majority of the time, but that's mostly at night since that's the only time I have to play. There are times where I can't find full games so it's always 3 vs. 3 in Plunder matches. For co-op, people are always on. Again, this is just at night. Not sure about day, but if I had to guess, I'm sure there's more active players.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
I won a code earlier today from the PS.blog for the Sidekicks MP Skin Pack, but I already bought the pack....

20101027-kwtcumq8yaxtjmpgb4n74nmtqe.jpg

So.......

Quote this post to REVEAL the code :D

Massa

Killthee said:
I won a code earlier today from the PS.blog for the Sidekicks MP Skin Pack, but I already bought the pack....

So.......

Quote this post to REVEAL the code :D

I got it, thanks. :D

Trick_GSF

Banned
Going to chime in here with a slightly off-topic question.

How long do you think will we be waiting to get an Uncharted 3 announcement?

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Trick_GSF said:
Going to chime in here with a slightly off-topic question.

How long do you think will we be waiting to get an Uncharted 3 announcement?

fall of 2012, count on it

announced at E3 2012

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Halloween costumes, ahahahaha YES!

Please don't let it be skeletons please don't let it be skeletons please don't let it be skeletons
XB9UV.gif

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Rewrite said:
Halloween costumes, ahahahaha YES!

Please don't let it be skeletons please don't let it be skeletons please don't let it be skeletons
XB9UV.gif
The pic he posted looks like Skelzor.

7IXoi.jpg

beast786

Snuggler said:
fall of 2012, count on it

announced at E3 2012

ND is a 2 year cycle Dev . 2011 It is.

You also stick to a strict two-year development cycle, do you find that limits or pushes you?

It works great for us – it provides us with just enough constraints in our fluid, almost chaotic, development process to keep things in scope and on time while providing enough breathing room to allow ourselves to innovate.

http://www.playstationuniversity.com/naughty-dog-talks-with-playstation-university-part-1-4234/

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Arne is on the record as saying a 6-month PR plan is less than satisfactory.

Expect an early-2011 announcement, much like UC2.

Danneee

So, I had completed 75% of the game when I thought it was an good idea to trade my platinum hits version in for the collectors edition.
Now it seems that the saves are not compatible with each other, the CE disc doesn't find any old saves even though it is there when i browse the save files on my PS3. How stupid is this? Or is there a fix around?

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
beast786 said:
ND is a 2 year cycle Dev . 2011 It is.

You also stick to a strict two-year development cycle, do you find that limits or pushes you?

It works great for us – it provides us with just enough constraints in our fluid, almost chaotic, development process to keep things in scope and on time while providing enough breathing room to allow ourselves to innovate.

http://www.playstationuniversity.com/naughty-dog-talks-with-playstation-university-part-1-4234/
Beta/Demo with Infamous 2 like they did last time...

Massa

Rez said:
Arne is on the record as saying a 6-month PR plan is less than satisfactory.

Expect an early-2011 announcement, much like UC2.

Wasn't UC2 revealed in December '08 on the VGA's? :D

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Massa said:
Wasn't UC2 revealed in December '08 on the VGA's? :D
whatever dood

Could have sworn the collapsing in the snow video was early in the year.

actually, maybe that was when the first Nepal video leaked.

edit: oh, it was in December. The holidays are always a blur of old year and new year for me.

Levi

Banned
jett said:
Unchart3D

It's inevitable.

If this happens I'm totally pulling a Terminator and going back in time and killing your parents so you and this worst idea ever never come into this world.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Guess what?

Booted up the game tonight, everything is fine. Naughty Dog logo disappears and the dagger of fucking death appears next and does not load anything ELSE.

I am so fucking tired of having to delete my game data/DLC to reinstall it again for this game to work. What is wrong? This is like my fifth time doing this shit.

jett said:
Unchart3D

It's inevitable.
:lol

:(

I don't want them spending their precious time on 3D. Yeah, not when Uncharted 2 was so amazing without that gimmick. Loving the Halloweenified version of Uncharted 2. Will be playing as much as I can this weekend.

Foxix Von

Ugh I really want to play more of this.

I snagged the GOTY edition code off of the RLS site, but I'm house sitting for the next 10 days :( Hardly got to play any of it, love the skins :lol

Top Bottom