• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves | The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
11vrteb.jpg

TITLE | Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
PLATFORM | Playstation 3
GENRE | Action/Adventure
DEVELOPER | Naughty Dog
PUBLISHER | Sony Computer Entertainment

RELEASE DATES | USA: OCT 13 | EUROPE: OCT 14 | UK: OCT 16 | AU & NZ OCT 15 | JAPAN: OCT 15
RATINGS | ESRB: T | PEGI: 16+ | OFLC: MA15+ | BBFC: 15

THE ONLINE MEET-UP THREAD | CLICK HERE
THE PHOTO THREAD | CLICK HERE

37eit.png
TROPHIES | 1 Platinum, 3 Gold, 8 Silver, 36 Bronze
mhe2p.png
METACRITIC | 96

2emmr79.png

PREORDER BONUSES
2wdvmds.png
Amazon.com | The exclusive UNCHARTED 2 Treasure Map allows players to discover hidden treasures throughout the game.
2wdvmds.png
Best Buy | Golden Ak-47 and Golden Barettas.
2wdvmds.png
Game Crazy | The UNCHARTED 2 Currency Multiplier allows gamers to gain in-game currency and unlock bonuses faster than their opponents for a limited period.
2wdvmds.png
GameStop | Unlock the Revenge Booster (automatically drop a grenade when you die) for multiplayer early.

mro5c.jpg
zy95ye.jpg
1410coo.jpg
24e2lva.jpg

STANDARD EDITION | Uncharted 2 - Among Thieves game
LIMITED EDITION | Uncharted 2 - Among Thieves game, DLC gold weapons, x2 multiplayer skins, XMB theme

2ewnp1y.jpg

2ccy1hu.png
GENERAL FEATURES

2wdvmds.png
720p Resolution @ 30 FPS
2wdvmds.png
7.1 HD PCM Surround Sound
2wdvmds.png
No Installation
2wdvmds.png
Standalone Single Player Campaign | 10-13 hours
2wdvmds.png
Online Multiplayer | Competitive and co-op play
2wdvmds.png
Cinema Mode | Records online matches so you can go back and view them, edit them, and style them as you please.
2wdvmds.png
Advanced XP System | Players earn money/xp in single player, and multiplayer that can be used to buy unlockables from boosters to skins.
2wdvmds.png
Diverse Environments | Take a journey across Asia in various different environments.
2wdvmds.png
Refined Stealth Action that includes pulling and kicking enemies off ledges, and snapping their necks from behind.
2wdvmds.png
Twitter Support | Connect to Twitter and let people know when you complete a chapter, or when you're kicking ass in deathmatch.

34y33hl.jpg

2ccy1hu.png
SINGLE PLAYER FEATURES

2wdvmds.png
Lasts Around 10-13 hours
2wdvmds.png
Four Different Difficulties | Easy | Normal | Hard | Crushing
2wdvmds.png
60/40 Shootout to Puzzle/Adventure ration
2wdvmds.png
Treasures | Collectibles in single player that unlock special features.
2wdvmds.png
Storytelling and Character Development that feels real, and natural.
2wdvmds.png
Gameplay Combination of gunfights, hand to hand combat, stealth, exploration, platforming, and puzzle solving.
2wdvmds.png
Complex Moving Environments | From trains to collapsing buildings in which the player must compensate for the environment's movement.
2wdvmds.png
AI That Works | Enemy AI adapts to your play. They take cover, throw grenades, and take use of the environment. Companion AI does the same.

2emmr79.png

STORY OUTLINE

In 1292 Marco Polo departed China with 14 ships filled with over 600 passengers and crew. Eighteen months later only one ship
remained and only 18 passengers survived. Marco Polo never revealed what happened to these lost ships.

Embarking on a quest to find the lost fleet, fortune hunter Nathan Drake soon realizes Marco Polo was hiding a much bigger secret
- he had gone on a secret expedition to find the mythical kingdom of Shambhala and to recover the legendary Cintamani Stone, the
"wish-fulfilling jewel" of Buddhist mythology.

Drake sets on a new course following Polo's trail through a diverse range of exotic environments. This quest also pits him against
a new, more formidable adversary - a ruthless, rogue paramilitary leader named Zoran Lazarevic with a private military army and a
relentless ambition to recover the stone for himself.

2ntgzd4.png

3311stk.png

Nathan Drake is an expert treasure hunter. Nate operates in an underworld of fortune-seeks, including his friend and mentor,
Victor Sullivan. Drake and Sully's biggest find: Sir Francis Drake's long lost fortune. Drake has now set his eye on finding the
legendary Cintamani Stone.​

zl9eua.png

Elena Fisher is a journalist who set out to get a scoop on Francis Drake's fortune. As she tagged along with Nate, a love
interest developed. Since the events of Drake's Fortune, there appears to have been a falling out between the two.​

2w2k41h.png

Victor "Sully" Sullivan is a name synonymous with cigars. While he is a charming fellow, he has got himself into his fair share
of trouble with gambling debt. When in trouble, Nate often comes to save his ass.​

inx1zc.png

NEW CHARACTER | Now that we are on the topic of asses, yes, Chloe Frazer does has a nice ass. She is also a fortune
hunter, and is a survivalist. She and Nate have partied up on their quest for the Cintamani Stone. A romantic past between
the two is apparent.​

bjipud.jpg

NEW CHARACTER | Zoran Lazarevic is a Serbian war criminal who is set on getting to Shambhala via terror and a very large
army. He is the primary antagonist in Among Thieves.​

24kzcxh.png

NEW CHARACTER | Harry Flynn is another treasure hunter, and an old business associate of both Nathan and Chloe. Harry
brings out the shadiest sides of Drake.​

2dadgz8.png

NEW CHARACTER | Karl Schafer is a valuable resource of information pertaining to the Cintamani Stone. He finds Drake, who
is on the brink of dying, in the Himalayas, and nurses him back to health.​

5yu3vc.png

NEW CHARACTER | Tenzin is Schafer's buddy who is ordered to guide Drake to Shambhala. He speaks no English, but who
cares as long as he gets you into Shambhala.​

2emmr79.png

2mr5qnq.png

Nathan Drake is a rough-around-the-edges, modern-day treasure hunter who sets off to contunue his great ancestor's, Sir
Francis Drake, quest for the lost city of El Dorado.

With the help of a long time friend and mentor, Victor Sullivan, and the tag-along reporter, Elena Fisher, Nate raises
Francis Drake's coffin from the bottom of the ocean to find that Drake faked his death, and left his diary as a clue for
anyone clever enough to find it to use. Ditching Elena at the next port, Drake and Sulley follow the diary to an empty tomb,
once housing a golden idol... a huge golden idol. Drake realizes that El Dorado wasn't a city, but this missing idol, and
prompts him and Sulley to continue the search.

After stumbling upon an old German U-Boat in the middle of the Amazon, Drake gives Sulley the diary and explores inside to
find a map and coordinates in the Captain's Quarters, pinpointing the location of the moved treasure. When Drake returns, he
finds Sulley and himself held at gunpoint by Gabriel Roman and Atoq Navarro.

The reason? Sully's gambling debt.

During negotiations, Roman shoots Sulley dead... and as the U-Boat explodes Nathan makes his escape at which point he
reunites with Elena. Drake and Elena escape and continue the search for El Dorado. While flying to a mysterious, forgotten
island in the middle of the Pacific, Drake's plane is shot down and Elena and Nathan parachute out, ending up separated.
Nathan hurries to find Elena but is captured when he attempts to save her.

Elena returns the favor by breaking him out of his jail cell and driving the getaway Jeep while Nathan fights off the
pursuers. Trapped and out of road, Nathan and Elena stall for time as Eddy Raja, a long time rival of Nate's, attempts to
take back the map. Drake makes a daring escape which buys them a little more time. As Drake and Elena explore more of the
island, they find out Sulley's still alive.

Once reunited, Sulley reveals Drake's diary took the bullet for him and they use the diary to unlock more secrets of the
island. As they get closer to the treasure, more of the island's darker secrets are revealed and Nathan pieces together that
Francis never wanted the treasure, but wanted to get rid of it... for good. After taunting Drake, Roman and Navarro capture
Elena and thank him for leading them to the treasure.

Drake realizes he can't let El Dorado leave the island and as Navarro air lifts it out of the temple, Nate jumps from a
cliff and hangs onto the cargo net. As one of Navarro's men leans out of the helicopter to shoot Drake, Elena kicks him out
of the copter, causing him to shoot the pilot as he falls to his death. Navarro crash lands the copter on his escape ship as
Drake drops from the net onto the deck and takes cover for the final showdown between him and Navarro. Drake and Navarro
fight hand to hand, and while Navarro's down, Nathan rescues Elena from the helicopter teetering on the edge of the landing
pad. As Navarro stands, Drake pushes the copter off the ship, tightening the rope around Navarro's leg and dragging him to
the bottom of the ocean along with the cursed idol of El Dorado. As things calm down, Nathan and Elena stare into the sunset
and lean in to kiss, and Sulley interrupts with the rescue ship, full of gold he stole off some pirates who were "too
dead to care." As Elena reminds Drake he still owes her a story, he assures her he's "good for it" and wraps his arm around
her while they sail off into the sunset.​

24qoba1.jpg

34pcm5t.jpg
GENERAL FEATURES

2wdvmds.png
Stat Tracking | www.naughtydog.com/stats/index/YOUR_PSN_HERE
2wdvmds.png
Boosters | Players can select two boosters that can do anything from improving pistol blind-fire accuracy to moving faster while carrying items.
2wdvmds.png
Rank System | Based on amount of currency a player has.
2wdvmds.png
Party System & In-Game Invites | Party up to 5 people in competitive ranked play, 3 people in Co-Op, and 10 in Custom Matches.
2wdvmds.png
Custom Game Types | Allows the host to tweak game settings, and allows up to 10 friends to play together. [Custom games are not ranked.]
2wdvmds.png
7 Maps |
A War Torn City, Burnt Out Village, A Lost City, An Ice Cave, A Buddhist Temple, A Train Wreck, and A Monastery
2wdvmds.png
10 Different Modes

2emmr79.png

x2mkpk.jpg
COMPETITIVE

2wdvmds.png
Party Size | 5 ranked, 10 custom
2wdvmds.png
Skins | Players can unlock skins and choose what character they want to be.

2ccy1hu.png
DEATHMATCH | Kill the other team. The first team to 50 kills win.
Standard | Regular weapons game-type.
Pistols and Grenades | A pistols and grenades only game-type.
Snipers and Pistoles | A snipers and pistoles only game-type.
RPGs | An RPGs only game-type.
2ccy1hu.png
ELIMINATION | Players only have one life per round. Take out the other team. First team to survive 3 rounds wins.
2ccy1hu.png
PLUNDER | Capture the treasure. Toss it to your team mate, run with it, just put it in the hole. The first team to 5 captures wins.
2ccy1hu.png
TURF WAR | Control the specified areas for the longest time to win.
2ccy1hu.png
CHAIN REACTION | Capture the 5 areas in order to win.
2ccy1hu.png
KING OF THE HILL | Control the specified area for the longest time to win.

2emmr79.png

1envhe.jpg
CO-OP

2wdvmds.png
Party Size | 3 players
2wdvmds.png
Separate From Single-Player Campaign.
2wdvmds.png
Upgrade System | Players can purchase new upgrades for guns with in-game currency.
2wdvmds.png
Unlocking new difficulties is based around completing the mission (It isn't time based).

2ccy1hu.png
OBJECTIVE | A co-op game-type where players navigate through levels completing objectives. This is the co-op "campaign".
2ccy1hu.png
GOLD RUSH | A co-op game-type where players try to survive ten rounds of capturing treasure while hordes of enemies attack.
2ccy1hu.png
SURVIVAL | A co-op game-type where players try to survive round after round of baddies for as long as possible.

2emmr79.png

slgopw.jpg
CINEMA MODE
2wdvmds.png
Automatically records multiplayer matches
2wdvmds.png
Stores the last 20 matches (You can also protect matches from being deleted)
2wdvmds.png
Players can tweak various settings such as the camera, the color, the depth of field, the lighting, and the color.
2wdvmds.png
Players can share videos with friends.
2wdvmds.png
In 720P, players can take screenshots.

2ccy1hu.png
MACHINIMA MODE | A custom mode that allows players to tweak character's animations. This mode also features a green screen.

333k77c.jpg

2ccy1hu.png
VIDEOS

2wdvmds.png
Premiere Trailer
2wdvmds.png
E3 Trailer
2wdvmds.png
GamesCon Trailer
2wdvmds.png
Fortune Favors the Bold Trailer | Massive Attack Remix
2wdvmds.png
E3 Single Player Demo
2wdvmds.png
War Escape Demo
2wdvmds.png
Deathmatch Footage
2wdvmds.png
CO-OP Footage
2wdvmds.png
Tech Discussion
2wdvmds.png
Multiplayer Map Walkthroughs and Other Videos (Spoilers)
2wdvmds.png
Behind the Scenes 01 - Technology and Gameplay
2wdvmds.png
Behind the Scenes 02 - Story and Art
2wdvmds.png
Behind the Scenes 03 - Making of the Cinematics
2wdvmds.png
Behind the Scenes 04 - Thinking Like A Dog
2wdvmds.png
Behind the Scenes 05 - Online Technology
2wdvmds.png
Behind the Scenes 06 - Mastering the Cell
2wdvmds.png
Behind the Scenes 07 - Meet the Actors
2wdvmds.png
Behind the Scenes 08 - Our Process Was Different
2wdvmds.png
Behind the Scenes 09 - Motion Capture
2wdvmds.png
Behind the Scenes 10 - Rehearsals
2wdvmds.png
Behind the Scenes 11 - Humor: Keeping It Real
2wdvmds.png
Behind the Scenes 12 - ADR

2emmr79.png

2ccy1hu.png
SCREENSHOTS

309k9l4.jpg

2m46q28.jpg

oihifr.jpg

jtord1.jpg

2ihxmi9.jpg

1y1llh.jpg

4hefdu.jpg

2dm9p94.jpg

2dlkbir.jpg

wwew06.jpg

33cr9fc.jpg

2aad3kx.jpg

2wdvmds.png
THE ULTIMATE LIST OF GAF IMPRESSIONS

25jjgj4.jpg

2udyluu.jpg

bjeg6p.jpg

By RJNavarrete | Click Here to Download (Only one size)​

By KilgoreTrout | Click Here to Download [1080P | 720P]

2emmr79.png

2ccy1hu.png
THANKS TO:
2wdvmds.png
brandonh83
2wdvmds.png
Jaroof
2wdvmds.png
RyanardoDaVinci
2wdvmds.png
CHRP718
2wdvmds.png
arne
2wdvmds.png
iamcool388

slider

I haven't been this excited for a game in a loooong time. Heck, forget game... I haven't been this excited about anything in a long time (although that Chinese meal I had last week was pretty great).

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
This will be the game of the generation right here! Just two weeks to go.

I know this will be my favorite campaign and co-op this gen, but I wonder if the competitive can top Resistance 1?

Very nice Official Thread. :D It's going to be nice to finally play the single player on October 13th, after playing a lot of the multiplayer demo already. So excited.

Myzer

It's so close I can nearly taste it.

The next couple of weeks are going to drag on and on and on until this arrives.

EktorPR

Excellent job on the OP, Kilgore.

Can't believe we're this close to release date after nearly two years of wait for a sequel. AAAAHH! :D

nib95

Banned
Fantastic thread. Great content and slick banner. brilliant choice of screens as well.

Will you be adding user reviews to the OP as well like the KZ2 thread? If so I wouldn't mind having my one up there. Which should be this week or next, definitely before the release of the game anyway (I hope).

Anyway, once again, great job. If any PS3 exclusive deserved a great OP, it was this one.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
SP is only 10 hours long? :(

The game looks sooooooo damn awesome and fun.. but that is a huge minus for me..

And so it begins, definitely one of my favorite official threads on the site.

I have to admit that I skipped over the character information, Ill just wait these last 15 or so days to get filled in on that.

I just realized that in Drakes Fortune, I beat it in only 10 hours and 6 minutes, so I guess I will finish this one in that 13 hour time frame.

slider

Blackace said:
SP is only 10 hours long? :(

The game looks sooooooo damn awesome and fun.. but that is a huge minus for me..

I'd read 12/13 elsewhere but not sure if that'll make enough of a difference for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom