• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2 direct feed screens

Bearillusion said:
ND are incredible devs but people shouldn't fall for these screenshots. I'm sure they are real but graphics need to judged when seen in motion. The whole thing falls apart if when I take control of the character and actual move that screen starts to tear etc. People going crazy over still pictures is why devs don't put a higher priority on stability.

If you remember the screenshots of the new Prince of Persia dont serve justice to how taken a back the in-game motion of it is!

Truant said:
Have you even played DF?

Regardless of a few hickups, I still think DF is still one of the best animated games to date.

TChirath

Neo Member
Those screens look damn incredible. Too bad I really did not enjoy the first game, so it's unlikely that I'll buy this one, unless Nathan's rambo complex has been addressed.

This looks absolutely fantastic. I love Uncharted, so I can't wait for this game.

Anyone know if this issue of Game Informer is in stores yet? I really want to pick it up.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
BruceLeeRoy said:
I just cant believe the game looks like this.
http://i34.tinypic.com/huhhjq.jpg
I've seen better.
3111240749_ddbd6f0aa9_o.gif

These games made my jaw drop when I saw them and some I have yet to even play but after these
screens my god what kind of Voodoo does ND employ?

metal-gear-solid-4-screens-20080513001605831.jpg

resident-evil-5-20081003100813752.jpg

gears-of-war-2-20081103055902629.jpg

un2b.jpg

How is ND doing this?

Raistlin

Bearillusion said:
An Edge 5 or IGN 5?

I'm not trolling. Uncharted is one of the best games I've ever played and I just want them to make it better.

On the subtle troll scale :p

It sounds like you didn't mean it that way, and were being serious ... so no worries.

rexor0717

Just when I thought KZ2 couldn't be trumped, this shows up. I don't think its better than KZ2 yet, but give it some time and it will be. WOW! Just seeing those makes me want that Uncharted Platinum even more. lol at the Hotel El Dorado. It even has a little picture of it.:lol

iDoubleSpy said:
by almeans, link me to something better?

Crysis dosent count, and GoW2 is nothing but gray and black :D

he is just playing with ya.

rexor0717 said:
Just when I thought KZ2 couldn't be trumped, this shows up. I don't think its better than KZ2 yet, but give it some time and it will be. WOW! Just seeing those makes me want that Uncharted Platinum even more. lol at the Hotel El Dorado. It even has a little picture of it.:lol

I think the beauty of both games is how different they are. I dont think either can really trump the other
since they are both so insanely impressive in their own ways.

iDoubleSpy said:
The problem with the internet is I cant ever show that I dont take anything serious :(

It is truly the bane of both the internet and the text message. Oh how many friends I have lost through
the txt message.

"I swear to god I was being sarcastic! Cant you tell when someone is writing sarcastically!!"

Buckethead said:
Did anyone else get the Game Informer today?

Holy fuckballs
-Naughty Dog claiming they pushed Cell processor 30% in Uncharted 1, near maximum for this game they think.
They took a lot of crap in the other thread for saying that also.

DeadGzuz

Banned
TChirath said:
Those screens look damn incredible. Too bad I really did not enjoy the first game, so it's unlikely that I'll buy this one, unless Nathan's rambo complex has been addressed.

Well since you control Nathan that would be your Rambo complex.

BruceLeeRoy said:
How is ND doing this?
Cell. ;)

I do think that Naughty Dog have become my favorite developers. I mean, we only have Uncharted for their PS3 releases but we are off to a VERY good start for Uncharted 2.
Please be 2009.

ArtOfLife

Neo Member
Very impressive! I was never a fan of the Crash games on the PlayStation but Naughty Dog won me over with Uncharted, and I've been interested in the sequel ever since finishing the first. These pictures look incredible.

ArtOfLife said:
Very impressive! I was never a fan of the Crash games on the PlayStation but Naughty Dog won me over with Uncharted, and I've been interested in the sequel ever since finishing the first. These pictures look incredible.

Go back and play Jak 1-3. Right meow.

Zeliard

Probably the best part about these (still) pics is that we all know that the animation is also The Shit™.

The graphics are not something I've ever had complaints about when it comes to Uncharted, though. Let's hope they deepen that gameplay a bit (as it seems they are, with the rumored free-climbing and stealth mechanics).

blindrocket said:
Cell. ;)

I do think that Naughty Dog have become my favorite developers. I mean, we only have Uncharted for their PS3 releases but we are off to a VERY good start for Uncharted 2.
Please be 2009.

4D gaming anyone :D

I am just wondering if Heavy Rain is going to be the total power of the PS3, or if we are going to see the next Uncharted go even FURTHER... thoughts?

ArtOfLife

Neo Member
Buckethead said:
Go back and play Jak 1-3. Right meow.

I've been meaning to do just that actually :D Well, the first one especially. I loved the official PS2 magazine's Jak demo way back in like 2001 or whenever it was released; for some reason I never got the full game.

I always got a Broken Sword vibe from the first Uncharted but even my mate, who saw only the very beginning, brought it up when he saw these shots.

Sure, they're touched up, but the composition, detail and artistry are what impressed me the most about the city scenes. You can't bullshot that. Whoever made the comment about Uncharted looking like a comic come to life had it bang on and to see that flair and talent preserved and applied to such a radically different environment is fantastic.

The concept art is gorgeous. I can't wait to see the mountainside town realised in game.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
IT LOOKS PERFECT!!!

This game will do quite nicely:D

EktorPR

iDoubleSpy said:
4D gaming anyone :D

I am just wondering if Heavy Rain is going to be the total power of the PS3, or if we are going to see the next Uncharted go even FURTHER... thoughts?

As of now, Uncharted 2 looks way better than Heavy Rain for me.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Games that look as good as this are part of the reason why I don't understand all the praise Heavy Rain is getting graphically.

These shot look absolutely gorgeous. While I remain weary that the final game will look as good as those shots (hint: thanks to the huge amount of AA and flattering camera angles, it won't), I know that the final game, if it looks anything like the first, is going to be one of the best looking console games available. That shit is stunning.

rexor0717

BruceLeeRoy said:
he is just playing with ya.

I think the beauty of both games is how different they are. I dont think either can really trump the other
since they are both so insanely impressive in their own ways.
Ya, the styles vary way to much to say one is better than the other. All I know is my hype is skyrocketing.

BruceLeeRoy said:
These games made my jaw drop when I saw them and some I have yet to even play but after these

How is ND doing this?

Well the MGS4 one is likely the only one in-game, I really think the others have been touched up AA wise (at least).

Sure it'll look amazing though. :D

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
BruceLeeRoy said:

How is ND doing this?
"Why are there so many fanboy wars!!! God, I'm so above this."
"Here's some inflammitory screenshots."
"Why's everybody fighting?"

KZObsessed

BruceLeeRoy you're practically foaming at the mouth, you'd better settle back down before I PIMP slap you wid ma blooooood hand!11!1

rexor0717

nib95 said:
Anyone know where ND put the extra PS3 power to use? :D

uncharted-drakes-fortune-20071012021535779.jpg

capture2yo2.jpg
I really think that the urban setting allows them to add more subtle details. In the first shot, its just building and plants, but the second, you have pottery, strung lights, a washing machine, ect. If they continue like the second, they will have some really nice environments on their hands. Either way, both are gorgeous.

FFObsessed said:
BruceLeeRoy you're practically foaming at the mouth, you'd better settle back down before I PIMP slap you wid ma blooooood hand!11!1

:lol I cant say it enough man that hand is fricken awesome.

nib95 said:
Anyone know where ND put the extra PS3 power to use? :D

It dosent look like parallax mapping, which would would be a useless upgrade :p

I would say Drake will have a leap in his poloygon count if anything. You would think that animations don't take a hit on performance, but one of the reasons Wander from SOTC had so many animatons was because... he was the only guy!

vpance

It's incredible how much they've managed to achieve with only 512mb of ram. I'd love to see the new technical pdf of details.

SonComet

Bearillusion said:
Did you even read my whole post? Jak 3 had major tearing that ruined the game for me and don't want to see ND go down that same path on PS3.
I didn't notice any more tearing in Jak 3 than I did in Jak 2. They both had less than the first Uncharted as far as I could tell. They both looked the same in that regard to me and I played them back to back. I do hope that Uncharted 2 has much less than the first though.

Top Bottom