• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2 multiplayer screens (and trailer!)

mr_nothin

Banned
54-46! said:
I love this screenshot, looks great :D As long as MP doesn't detract from SP I'm all for it, I hope they add in some jungle levels from Drake's Fortune too.
I'm tired of the GAF "catch-phrase" mentality. 1 person says something...then that's all you see when you enter a thread pertaining to the same game/subject.

I've never seen so many people say "MP looks cool/great...could be good, AS LONG AS IT DOESNT DETRACT FROM/SHIFT THEIR ATTENTION FROM../NEGATIVELY AFFECT/(etc)....the single player experience. I feel like i'm in a room with a buncha parrots and i'm the only tucan sam bird.

I've never seen this with any other game....i've only heard: LOVED THIS GAME....wish it had multiplayer in it/Game looks cool...hope it has multiplayer.

Dead Man

mr_nothin said:
I'm tired of the GAF "catch-phrase" mentality. 1 person says something...then that's all you see when you enter a thread pertaining to the same game/subject.

I've never seen so many people say "MP looks cool/great...could be good, AS LONG AS IT DOESNT DETRACT FROM/SHIFT THEIR ATTENTION FROM../NEGATIVELY AFFECT/(etc)....the single player experience. I feel like i'm in a room with a buncha parrots and i'm the only tucan sam bird.

I've never seen this with any other game....i've only heard: LOVED THIS GAME....wish it had multiplayer in it/Game looks cool...hope it has multiplayer.
zeloe326 said:
Looks OK, I guess. I just hope single player didn't take a hit for this.
:lol

Edit: Beaten!

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
mr_nothin said:

dude, it's common sense, not "GAF catch phrase mentality".

It happened with RE5, it's going to happen to UC. Bioshock 2 and (probably) Dead Space 2 are going to face the same thing as well.

mr_nothin

Banned
Rez said:
dude, it's common sense, not "GAF catch phrase mentality".

It happened with RE5, it's going to happen to UC.
:|
How is that common sense?
I've seen it happen tons of times before. And with subjects that had nothing to do with "co-op/multiplayer".

It's like the time everybody kept saying PLACEBO in the Killzone 2 thread, when they patched the game (deadzone tweaks).

zeloe326

mr_nothin said:
ND>GG>ND

This had to be done on purpose...

I am not trying to follow a trend here if that was what you were proposing. I am genuinely interested in whether or not the Single player took a hit to implement this feature. I will be really upset if single player is cut down to 7 hours.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
mr_nothin said:
:|
How is that common sense?
I've seen it happen tons of times before. And with subjects that had nothing to do with "co-op/multiplayer".

It's like the time everybody kept saying PLACEBO in the Killzone 2 thread, when they patched the game (deadzone tweaks).
Feature X is announced for game Y. Feature X takes up dev resources from Game Y's predecessor's most popular mode. Fans hope the popular mode isn't negatively affected.

The fact that you're seeing it so much is because it is the most obvious reaction to the news given what made UC1 so great. It seems fairly logical to me, even though I've spent a good amount of time defending the decision to include a multiplayer mode. Reactions that aren't uniformly positive aren't the end of the world.

Steroyd

rainer516 said:
Death Match with Uncharted's controls? Huge possibility of sucking present.

What's wrong with Uncharted's controls? You can move while aiming.

Feature X is announced for game Y. Feature X takes up dev resources from Game Y's predecessor's most popular mode. Fans hope the popular mode isn't negatively affected.

The fact that you're seeing it so much is because it is the most obvious reaction to the news given what made UC1 so great. It seems fairly logical to me, even though I've spent a good amount of time defending the decision to include a multiplayer mode. Reactions that aren't uniformly positive aren't the end of the world.

Yes but to act as though the SP has already took a dip in quality compared to it's predecessor just because MP was announced is a bit extreme.

Kinan

4vs4? So Drake, Chloe, Sully and Elena against 4 masked special forces guys?

Hope some more interesting modes are in. Really want king-of-the-hill traversal brawling (no shooting) mode.

Jtrizzy said:
Why not take this tired fucking debate back to the other thread?

Or, heck, just drop the debate entirely, at least until we get to see it in motion? I absolutely look forward to reminding people of their silly ways later on, but for now... what's left to discuss?

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
AltogetherAndrews said:
Or, heck, just drop the debate entirely, at least until we get to see it in motion? I absolutely look forward to reminding people of their silly ways later on, but for now... what's left to discuss?
nothing, so speculating on the multiplayer modes pros and cons seems like a pretty good idea

if I can't play as Donut Drake in multiplayer there will be hell to pay.

I don't like the look of the environments, they feel Rare-ish in their composition. I'm sure that will change when we see it in motion, but the screens are messy.

Jtrizzy

I'd rather read people's ideas for various modes, and trying to get some details from those screens. Anything is better than debating something that isn't going to change. Uncharted 2 is going to have co op and multi-player. I hope it doesn't fuck up the single player as much as the next guy, but debating it as if ND are still deciding whether to devote resources to MP is pointless.

GrayFoxPL

I didn't think it would have worked in a game like Uncharted, but it looks great.

Omg death match game with colourzzz!

Jtrizzy

Rez said:
nothing, so speculating on the multiplayer modes pros and cons seems like a pretty good idea

if I can't play as Donut Drake in multiplayer there will be hell to pay.

Why? You know what the fucking modes are. We know what the cons are--resources spent on MP could have been spent to make a better SP. Having MP will help sales, and there will be less immediate trade ins.

That is it, there is nothing left to argue about. This game has MP and Co-Op, so your opinion on whether it should or shouldn't is now meaningless.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
*Posted this in the other thread*

I can't be the only one who though these were SP pics with screen names photoshopped on it :lol

Looks incredible.

Grayman

TTP said:
*Posted this in the other thread*

I can't be the only one who though these were SP pics with screen names photoshopped on it :lol

Looks incredible.
That would be a very tasty prank.

Stillmatic

Sounds great, and the new screens look ace too. They just need to adjust Drake's shooting stance, and hopefully there's more MP modes in the works.

Kinan said:
Hope some more interesting modes are in. Really want king-of-the-hill traversal brawling (no shooting) mode.

That would be really awesome.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Jtrizzy said:
Why? You know what the fucking modes are. We know what the cons are--resources spent on MP could have been spent to make a better SP. Having MP will help sales, and there will be less immediate trade ins.

That is it, there is nothing left to argue about. This game has MP and Co-Op, so your opinion on whether it should or shouldn't is now meaningless.
I'm all for multiplayer actually. And I was talking about the specific mechanical pros and cons within a Uncharted flavoured multiplayer mode (character movement, shooting mechanics etc etc). ;)

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Dante said:
So tomorrow is Uncharted 2 day?

Wed is MAG and inFamous.

What's Tuesday PSP stuff? Heavy Rain?
I think Heavy Rain is embargoed until E3. Correct me if I'm wrong, someone.

Dante

Rez said:
I think Heavy Rain is embargoed until E3. Correct me if I'm wrong, someone.

Now that you mention it I think you are right. Capcom is also showing stuff this week right?

Should be a fun week on the board :)

Grayman

The treasure looks large but not heavy. Still, I wonder if it has an effect on climbing with the big piece taking up a hand.

Jtrizzy

I'm really curious as to how the new stealth system is going to work in SP, not to mention in MP. They've said it's all context sensitive iirc. I think I'd prefer a dedicated crouch button. Prone might be cool too, but that's clearly not going to be happening if it's a context sensitive thing.

Dante

I hope we get a sample of the new tunes in the game in tomorrow's footage. Uncharted had some of the coolest music.

Ah screw this, I'm going to sleep, I hope everything is posted when I wake up tomorrow.

AltogetherAndrews said:
RE5 is GOTY, though, so that's hardly a bad thing.

FFXIII demo has already crushed it for me... I enjoyed RE5 but mechanically it is pretty much a last gen game...

Alright, back to Uncharted... I definitely may give mp a shot...Haven't played any mp games on ps3 yet, but the first was probably my second fave game this gen along with crysis

deepbrown

AltogetherAndrews said:
RE5 is GOTY, though, so that's hardly a bad thing.
RE5 is not even in the top five games of the year - but each to his own :D

I'm glad co-op won't get in the way of the SP. I like some of the loneliness we'll experience in the game.

Lince

Banned
party system
party system
party system
party system
party system
party system
party system
party system
party system
party system
party system
party system

I want to play these 4v4 modes with friends (mostly my GAFe skilled heroes)

Jtrizzy

A party system would be awesome. Seems like none of the MP games I buy have one though. Killzone 2 and SFIV are the most recent ones that really need it. I can't remember if COD4 did.

Did RE5? Seems like you would need one for online co op.

Top Bottom