• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2 multiplayer screens (and trailer!)

Just got told by my games manager at the retailer I work at pert-time that I'm going to be signed up into the Multiplayer BETA for Uncharted 2!

For AusGAF, I work at JB Hifi, so anyone else here who works at JB, ask your games manager if you can get in.

FUCK YEAH MOTHERFUCKERS!!!!

AndresON777

shooting blanks
It's funny they're making him look more and more like the prince of persia.

anyway finally passed uncharted 1, i'm ready for part 2.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
ChrisGoldstein said:
It's funny they're making him look more and more like the prince of persia.

anyway finally passed uncharted 1, i'm ready for part 2.
That picture you're probably talking about is not what the character actually looks like in the game. it's just some CG previs/artwork. In the game he looks pretty much the same as in the first game, as far as the look of his face goes.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
BruceLeeRoy said:
Hmm don't know if I get what you mean.

He looks kind of like jake gyllenhaal and it's funny to me cos the same guy that does the voice for the prince of persia does drake.

when I was playing prince of persia I just pictured nate in a different outfit, idk

dont get me wrong I love nate/uncharted. It's one of my favorite games ever by far. Best game of that genre this generation. I liked the campaign more than either gears to be honest...just finished it

Kittonwy

Banned
ChrisGoldstein said:
He looks kind of like jake gyllenhaal and it's funny to me cos the same guy that does the voice for the prince of persia does drake.

when I was playing prince of persia I just pictured nate in a different outfit, idk

dont get me wrong I love nate/uncharted. It's one of my favorite games ever by far. Best game of that genre this generation. I liked the campaign more than either gears to be honest...just finished it

He doesn't look like Jake Gyllenhaal. They've basically modelled him after a young indy except in part 2 he looks scruffier.

Jtrizzy

Two questions:

1. Will the co op be online only, or can you play with AI teammates offline.

2. Is the beta that starts on the 3rd going to include co-op, or is it just competitive MP?

Kittonwy

Banned
Jtrizzy said:
Two questions:

1. Will the co op be online only, or can you play with AI teammates offline.

2. Is the beta that starts on the 3rd going to include co-op, or is it just competitive MP?

1. Co-op is online-only.

2. Not sure.

BeeDog

DMeisterJ said:
Totally off topic, but teh Kittonz haz a nu avvy.

Nice.

I'm still master Kitten though.

--

Back to your regularly scheduled programming.

Pff.

<---

And if Swedes don't know, Webhallen sells the Special Edition of inFamous and will mail the beta code when the game's released.

cakefoo

I got an early retail copy of the game, and on the back of the case a bulletpoint reads:

• Drake looks older, less emo and more concerned

Binabik15

cakefoo said:
I got an early retail copy of the game, and on the back of the case a bulletpoint reads:

• XYZ looks older, more emo and more concerned. PLUS: dual-wield

That´s EVERY sequel to a good game:lol

Just saw this while browsing ebgames.com

Reserve Uncharted 2: Among Thieves and receive access to a GameStop exclusive multiplayer demo, and exclusive in-game Revenge Attribute. Multiplayer demo will be available to download and play from 8/19/2009 to 9/27/2009. The Revenge Attribute is an unlockable booster in the multiplayer campaign. This bonus allows you to unlock the “Revenge” booster right from the start of your multiplayer campaign! Available for online and in-store customers while supplies last.

spwolf

Kittonwy said:
He doesn't look like Jake Gyllenhaal. They've basically modelled him after a young indy except in part 2 he looks scruffier.

in 2 he looks like older indy, just not 65 yr old :lol

Dizzan

MINI Member
Nice thanks. I could watch the same footage over and over.

Also, if anyone has a code for the Beta I will hand over my first born. :D

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Fizzle said:
=|

Is youtube uploading and in-game sreenshots not new?

You can also move the camera around and shizzle.

This is freaking awesome!
A MEGATON, SOME WOULD SAY
How the hell did they pulled the youtube feature off ?
Naughty Dog == SPUs Gods

Firestorm

Fizzle said:
They don't really need to. It's the only way to record and view matches and "share" the matches, as far as i know off.
Yeah. No other publisher has ever done their own video sharing service before. Not Bungie, not EA, not anyone!

Fizzle

Firestorm said:
Yeah. No other publisher has ever done their own video sharing service before. Not Bungie, not EA, not anyone!

I didn't say that. This isn't an EA game so it won't upload to the EA Websites and it isn't certainly a Bungie game.

Go figure!

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Fizzle said:
They don't really need to. It's the only way to record and view matches and "share" the matches, as far as i know off.
They can record game events. That is 'cheaper' than youtube record i think.
(Not 100% sure of course)

Firewire

Banned
Fizzle said:

Its not You Tube. You can save video and screen shots to your hard drive then have friends over and show them.

I believe Naughty Dog has stated this awhile back.

Fizzle

Firewire said:
Its not You Tube. You can save video and screen shots to your hard drive then have friends over and show them.

I believe Naughty Dog has stated this awhile back.

If this is true, them i'm sorely mistaken.

Jtrizzy

I wonder what kind of format it's going to save them in and if they'll only be available in the game or copyable from the xmb to a memory stick.

Top Bottom