• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2 stuck on loading screen

TEH-CJ

Banned
What the bloody fuck!. this is the 6th time ( no exaggeration ) that uncharted 2 has paused on the initial loading screen with the spinning dagger. I have tried cleaning the disk, re inserting the disk numerous times but no avail. and it appears I'm not the only one thats having this problem hence the 100 other complaints on the net.

has anyone found a solution yet?

threadworthy

from another board:

Now I finally made it. So in case others also had a problem with the last patch, what I did as a final try before feeling as if I had tried everything, I disconnected the PS3 from the internet, deleted the game data that was installed and tried entering the game without internet connection (so it didn't patch). That worked flawlessly, and then I tried to patch it after having tested the game out a little bit again (just entering a level and such) and then when I ran the game it also entered the game almost instantly. :smileyhappy:

Foxix Von

TEH-CJ said:
What the bloody fuck!. this is the 6th time ( no exaggeration ) that uncharted 2 has paused on the initial loading screen with the spinning dagger. I have tried cleaning the disk, re inserting the disk numerous times but no avail. and it appears I'm not the only one thats having this problem hence the 100 other complaints on the net.

has anyone found a solution yet?

Have you tried deleting the game data yet?

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
it's definitely not normal, must be something wrong with your PS3

you probably need to have it repaired now

Foxix Von

TEH-CJ said:
yes and it works just fine until I restart again and its back to square one.

That sounds like something to do with the hard drive, just out of curiousity how full is it. Have you tried deleting any extra junk off drive?

Then again I really have no idea what I'm talking about :lol

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I've had this problem... I've tried everything -- spent hours deleting and re-downloading over and over. Still wont work.

jett

D-Member
Funny I just started a new campaign run earlier. It just doesn't get old for me, so awesome.

Anyway, the disc might be your problem if all the other stuff that people have suggested doesn't work.

Evolved1

jett said:
Funny I just started a new campaign run earlier. It just doesn't get old for me, so awesome.

Anyway, the disc might be your problem if all the other stuff that people have suggested doesn't work.

Nope. I rented two other discs thinking the same thing... but none of them work. This is a known issue. Unfortunately the fixes that worked for some people don't work for everyone.

I ran into this problem a few months ago, bitched in the Uncharted 2 thread, on the ND forums, etc... nothing.

So, I rented it from Gamefly and swapped discs. It now works like a charm.

jett

D-Member
recklessmind said:
Nope. I rented two other discs thinking the same thing... but none of them work. This is a known issue. Unfortunately the fixes that worked for some people don't work for everyone.
Hmm. :/ Wish I could help you.

Evolved1

jett said:
Hmm. :/ Wish I could help you.

It kinda sucks cause I was midway through my difficult run and loving it... looking for treasures, enjoying the scenery.

I wanted to finish that and then jump right into crushing...

jett

D-Member
recklessmind said:
It kinda sucks cause I was midway through my difficult run and loving it... looking for treasures, enjoying the scenery.

I wanted to finish that and then jump right into crushing...

So you've actually finished the game before on normal and it stopped working? That's just weird.

Zzoram

I used to have a crashing bug in like level 3, at the same point every time, whether I created a new game or loaded a save, even after deleting game data.

Uncharted 2 has pretty messed up bugs.

Evolved1

jett said:
So you've actually finished the game before on normal and it stopped working? That's just weird.

I tried everything... it is weird. The only thing I refused to do was delete my game saves from the HDD. But I did move them to a dummy profile and delete them from the main profile I was using. I had to delete everything and redownload the game data and patches at least three times. Because I was trying it with other discs that I rented, and because I had to try it while not connected to the internet.

Incredibly frustrating. And pretty expensive considering I had already bought the game once, and it's not cheap to rent games. And in the end I never fixed the issue. I'm actually getting pretty annoyed right now thinking about it. :lol

Ifrit

I'm having the same problem, but with God of War 3, my brother and I finished it when it came out, but when I try to play it now it freezes around the time when you meet the last boss

I haven't found a fix for the problem and the disc is in perfect codition, I'm going to try to delete the game data and post back results

Just posting in case someone is having the same problem with this game

EDIT: Nope, deleted the game data and turned off the internet but the game still hangs on the same spot, there must be a reason why this happens all my other games work flawlessly

Why For?

Banned
Never heard this one.

Might have to fire up UC2 to see if I have this issue. I know the loading screen takes AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGES, but it starts eventually.

TEH-CJ

Banned
I fixed it guys. just deleted patch 1.09 and re installed it again. works like a charm.

thanks for the help.

Top Bottom