• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to get shouted at here...

...as much of a fan as I am of Uncharted, especially Uncharted 2, isn't three games in four years pushing it a bit?

LiK

Psychotext said:

...as much of a fan as I am of Uncharted, especially Uncharted 2, isn't three games in four years pushing it a bit?
GTFO.

:)

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Don't know if posted or not, so here is the PR:
UNCHARTED 3: Drake's DeceptionTM

Clandestine organisations, remote locations and ancient secrets

Drake is back on a high stakes expedition to the heart of the Arabian Desert

London, 9th December 2010: Sony Computer Entertainment Europe is pleased to unveil the latest instalment in the multimillion-selling action adventure franchise, UNCHARTED. Developed exclusively for PlayStation®3 [PS3TM] by the team at Naughty Dog Inc., UNCHARTED 3: Drake's DeceptionTM blurs the entertainment boundaries, delivering the cinematic scale, adrenalin rushes, thrills and mystery that are the UNCHARTED trademark; together with its unique and enhanced multiplayer experience.

Fans of the franchise and newcomers alike will relish the opportunity to catapult themselves headlong into a real adventure, in a search for the fabled "Atlantis of the Sands." The journey propels fortune hunter Nathan Drake on a daring trek into the heart of the Arabian Desert, a journey that pits him and his mentor Victor Sullivan against the occult treachery of a shadowy clandestine organization and its ruthless leader. When the terrible secrets of this lost city are unearthed, Drake's quest descends into a desperate bid for survival that strains the limits of his endurance and forces him to confront his deepest fears.

Key Features:

* Bigger set pieces and more explosive adventure, driven by Naughty Dog's signature storytelling and cinematic presentation.
* Competitive and co-op multiplayer return with brand new experiences and massively expanded feature sets. The UNCHARTED universe provides online players with a unique Action Adventure multiplayer experience, bringing the cinematic elements of the single-player campaign into multiplayer.
* Nathan Drake can now take on opponents in more ways than before: hand-to-hand combat with multiple opponents, contextual melee attacks, and new stealth options. UNCHARTED 3: Drake's Deception also features expanded and diverse traversal moves with deep gunplay.
* Naughty Dog introduces new physics, visuals, and environmental effects. UNCHARTED 3: Drake's Deception features new innovations in sand, fire, smoke, and water dynamics and effects. UNCHARTED 3: Drake's Deception will be playable in Stereoscopic 3D.

With its award-winning storytelling, blockbuster cinematic action sequences, immersive high resolution 3D and stunning environmental detail and effects, UNCHARTED 3: Drake's Deception is the chance to lose yourself in the world of Nathan Drake - and to experience the true power of PlayStation 3.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Zophar said:
Holy shit, fighting your way out of a crashing plane. Count on it.

I bet there is more. Like freefalling amid vehicles and debris looking for a parachute before it's too late.

Nizz

lantus said:
Is it just me or does Drakes face look...... chubbier?
Both him and Sev from Killzone 3 look like they've been eating good. :lol Kind of crazy I own a PS3 only yet I don't own either Uncharted game. I'm a bad person...

Psychotext said:

You're right, those lazy fuckers, I want at least one per year!

Naughty Dog introduces new physics, visuals, and environmental effects. UNCHARTED 3: Drake's Deception features new innovations in sand, fire, smoke, and water dynamics and effects. UNCHARTED 3: Drake's Deception will be playable in Stereoscopic 3D.

can't wait to see how they'll top U2.

Firewire

Banned
Psychotext said:

For most developers and series I would say yes. But for Uncharted and Naughty Dog hell no.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Psychotext said:

2 improved on 1 immensely and there was less than 2 years between them.

If this game hits in, say, Nov 2011, that'll be over 2 years since the last. ND are on their third iteration of this tech now too - i.e. they should be firing on all cylinders in terms of being comfortable with their production process etc.

jett

D-Member
* Nathan Drake can now take on opponents in more ways than before: hand-to-hand combat with multiple opponents, contextual melee attacks, and new stealth options. UNCHARTED 3: Drake's Deception also features expanded and diverse traversal moves with deep gunplay.

hell yeah

Seda said:

Entertainment Weekly new issue will also have a story on it

We’re looking forward to exploring it all with you in the months to come. Be sure to hit up your local newsstand tomorrow and pick up a copy of the December 17 issue of Entertainment Weekly – you’ll find a ton of additional details on UNCHARTED 3 and the new art shown above in glorious, full color print. Enjoy!

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/12/09/uncover-the-truth-in-uncharted-3/

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Just pre-ordered. Never pre-ordered a game a year in advanced before but for uncharted 3 i will.

Arcipello

where are these ingame screenshots everyone is freaking out over???? all i see is packaging artwork and photoshopped images :(

BowieZ said:
There is a chance that Tomb Raider will be a better and more technologically advanced game than Uncharted 3.

And yeah, I have a feeling that if TR proves to be a successful reboot, we may see a crossover of the brands in the very near future, whether in game or movie form (note that a third Tomb Raider film has been in the pipeline for a good 4 or 5 years).

Lol wat?

Anyway, can't wait. Just hope it's not entirely set in the desert.

Chinner said:
uncharted genuinely makes me want to own a ps3, putting aside all the other awesome games it has.

Uncharted is THE reason to own a PS3 if you don't already. The last game was really fantastic and the truth is that if you don't own all 3 consoles + PC you're missing out on some great games, whether you want to admit it to yourself or not.

Greatly looking forward to this!

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Kagari said:
I hope that doesn't come at the cost of a visual downgrade...

Of course, it'll mean lower res per frame or whatever. They say in the EU blog that it'll be 'high resolution stereoscopic 3D' which probably doesn't quite mean 'HD' S3D :p

Shadow780 said:
Will TLG have 3D too? I'm definitely getting a 3DTV next holiday now.

Unknown, but the Team Ico collection will support it.

TheOddOne said:
I love that they went the whole different route, instead of recycling.
What did they recycle in UC1 and UC2? Both games are pretty fresh, in my opinion.

I really enjoy the fact that this takes place in a desert. Deserts are my favorite settings. :D

sajj316

neojubei said:
Just pre-ordered. Never pre-ordered a game a year in advanced before but for uncharted 3 i will.

if its through amazon .. just wait for those $20 credit when you preorder! Yes, I will be pre-ordering well in advance as well!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom