• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 3 |OT| All Developers Dream, But Not Equally

Got a copy!

Sorry for the crappy pics ;P... Btw, this is the german version, but contains a shitload of languages and a turnable cover to hide that USK logo and stuff. Also, no installs and no update so far.

8mmZa.jpg

2QCuU.jpg

49HSL.jpg

Some people may consider the XMB art, the startscreen and the select screen as a spoiler, so I don't want to be a dick about it. Here are the url links:

http://i.imgur.com/23Tlv.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/JSjuI.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/FSEC7.jpg

And here is the leftover... lol

PZoYh.jpg

My wife went to pick up BF3 for me yesterday and she said the guy in electronics was unloading a box of Uncharted 3 copies. She said she wanted to get that game for me and he said, "I would love to sell this to you but I would get fired."

So close. So close.

SykoTech

Combichristoffersen said:
Pretty much, yeah. Still not as bad as the 8.8 brouhaha IMO.

I think the most amazing thing about the review thread is that nobody got banned. I guess it wasn't as bad or controversial as some people were trying to make it out to be, but there should have been at least one person who went out in a blaze of glory. Even the Zelda review thread has one (BurntPork).

MoonsaultSlayer said:
No, the
tomb raider-esque statue looking enemy
on the left most screen...

ah I see what you... see now. I think. It's almost like
they want you to know what unrealistic enemy you'll be encountering this time

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
SykoTech said:
I think the most amazing thing about the review thread is that nobody got banned.

I was browsing the thread last night, and I saw lots of banned posters there. Dunno if they were banned due to that specific thread though.

I was browsing the thread last night, and I saw lots of banned posters there. Dunno if they were banned due to that specific thread though.

when I saw the shit go down about the Eurogamer review I just stopped posting in it. I just knew that it was going to be chaos and thought people would start dropping like flies. even if I posted something like "guys it's okay it's just one man's opinion and it was still a very good opinion" I was afraid of getting caught in the crossfire.

SykoTech

Guess I'll need to take another look. Fun times ahead.

EDIT: Lmao. Okay, I was very wrong. Must have missed the action. Thread's twice as funny now.

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
SykoTech said:
Guess I'll need to take another look. Fun times ahead.

I still can't believe there were people crying over an 8/10 (not to mention goddamn 8.8/10, but then again Zelda fans are completely bonkers). Sure, I was somewhat surprised to see an 8 inbetween the nines and tens, but it's not like 8 is a bad score, and the reviewer also explained why he gave the score (going by how much I enjoyed UC1 and 2, I don't think I'll necessarily agree with an 8 for UC3, but different strokes and all that).

The Chef

I still can't believe there were people crying over an 8/10 (not to mention goddamn 8.8/10, but then again Zelda fans are completely bonkers). Sure, I was somewhat surprised to see an 8 inbetween the nines and tens, but it's not like 8 is a bad score, and the reviewer also explained why he gave the score (going by how much I enjoyed UC1 and 2, I don't think I'll necessarily agree with an 8 for UC3, but different strokes and all that).

This is the first game I have really felt like I could give a rats ass about reviews. When I saw it was getting 9's and 10's it of course filled my excitement to the brim. But even if I were to see several reviews give it a 6 or 7s I really could care less. My excitement trumps everything else.

Mailenstein said:
Got a copy!

Sorry for the crappy pics ;P... Btw, this is the german version, but contains a shitload of languages and a turnable cover to hide that USK logo and stuff. Also, no installs and no update so far.

8mmZa.jpg

2QCuU.jpg

49HSL.jpg

Some people may consider the XMB art, the startscreen and the select screen as a spoiler, so I don't want to be a dick about it. Here are the url links:

http://i.imgur.com/23Tlv.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/JSjuI.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/FSEC7.jpg

And here is the leftover... lol

PZoYh.jpg
Can you confirm what is going on in that left pic on the back of the case?

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
Did Sully's tongue enter Drake's ear, licking it gently?
It entered in his
nostril

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Game engine Drake looks remarkably close to CG Drake. Definitely was not the case 4 years ago. Also, good character stylization can really go a long way. The main cast at least looks believable enough, but they always cleverly avoid making them look too realistic as to not appear vact in the eyes or wrong and creepy otherwise.

Meisadragon said:
Yeah, and the Ars Technica review said the same thing.
There is an install, technically. It's just that the player never notices it. The game is actually copying data to HDD from disc all the time, for sections that will happen in advance, so that when you reach those sections, they can stream them much quicker from HDD.

r.gun

Neo Member
Anyone know if U3 will have LAN support? I've seen some older articles claiming it will, but nothing official about it recently.

MoonsaultSlayer said:
Can you confirm what is going on in that left pic on the back of the case?
Hmm, looks like Drake is kicking a dude which is wearing some kind of armor in his balls I guess. It's a bit hard to tell from that shot.

Loudninja

Lord Error said:
Game engine Drake looks remarkably close to CG Drake. Definitely was not the case 4 years ago. Also, good character stylization can really go a long way. The main cast at least looks believable enough, but they always cleverly avoid making them look too realistic as to not appear vact in the eyes or wrong and creepy otherwise.

There is an install, technically. It's just that the player never notices it. The game is actually copying data to HDD from disc all the time, for sections that will happen in advance, so that when you reach those sections, they can stream them much quicker from HDD.
Yeah like the first 2 games.

Got my copy too.

dL9MN.jpg

I even got a pre-order code for some weapons or weapons skins. I don't care about Uncharted multiplayer so the first gaffer who claims it, can have it.

It's a "German" code so I don't know if it works with an US account.

Fortinbras said:
Got my copy too.

dL9MN.jpg

I even got a pre-order code for some weapons or weapons skins. I don't care about Uncharted multiplayer so the first gaffer who claims it, can have it.

Sure

Edit: if it turns out that they don't work I'll send em back.

wow, Sully look amazing, the hair, mustache, eyes, and even light reflected stubble he had.

in comparison, Marlowe's hair is so out of place compared to the other 3

iNvid02

Fortinbras said:
Got my copy too.

dL9MN.jpg

edit: nvm

and wow at those shots, i cant wait

Top Bottom